PDA

View Full Version : Qustion about 3adownlow Top 25

Electus Unus
08-23-2009, 09:15 PM
since gilmer has 15 first place votes shouldn't they be ranked ahead of celina even though celina has mroe cumulative points?

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2009, 09:24 PM
No

Electus Unus
08-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
No why not? I've never seen in the AP poll or any other poll a team having the most first place votes and not being ranked #1.

i think it should be corrected.

LH Panther Mom
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
why not? I've never seen in the AP poll or any other poll a team having the most first place votes and not being ranked #1.

:rolleyes: It's been the same way since it was started. :p

Electus Unus
08-23-2009, 09:28 PM
:rolleyes: It's been the same way since it was started. :p change it NOW! :D

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
why not? I've never seen in the AP poll or any other poll a team having the most first place votes and not being ranked #1.

You are incorrect. In the AP poll (or most polls), the teams are ranked by the number of points. I'm sure that the No. 1 team rarely doesn't have the majority of first-places votes, but it's possible.

Snydertigersrul
08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
No

LHPM, you are right as always

BobcatBenny
08-23-2009, 10:22 PM
We all know that Gilmer is ranked #1 ...

... so the curse is on!!! :eek:

garciap77
08-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

:evilgrin: Hmmm, lets see where the Evil Empire...err...Gilmer is ranked after they leave Texarkana. :D

d0tc0m
08-23-2009, 10:53 PM
When is the LE-Gilmer game?

Buckeye80
08-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
When is the LE-Gilmer game?

Week 2

d0tc0m
08-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Well we all know Gilmer will be something special again this year, but is LE really going to be improved enough to give the buckeyes a game?

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Well we all know Gilmer will be something special again this year, but is LE really going to be improved enough to give the buckeyes a game? :confused: We will see. We have the size, speed, and experience to match them. Just have to see how it turns out. If you like offensive football you will love this
game.:clap: :clap: :clap:

lulu
08-23-2009, 11:37 PM
For the whooping of your life. Sorry LE Dad but there is no way you guys are bringing this power house down.

Gilmer is #1 and I don't think there is anyone that will change that this year.

The votes don't really matter......#1 is #1 and that is Gilmer. Heck we are in their district and I concede (?sp) to that. Figure it out, accept it, get over it. :kiss:

d0tc0m
08-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Well Gilmer has been in an eerily similar position at the start of a season and found themselves choking on the bitterness of an early exit, so I doubt the buckeyes are thinking everyone is going to lay down for them, they'll be working hard to go all the way this year. I hope LE gives them a good game, is this one going to be broadcast on the web anywhere?

lulu
08-24-2009, 12:16 AM
Well Gilmer has been in an eerily similar position at the start of a season and found themselves choking on the bitterness of an early exit, so I doubt the buckeyes are thinking everyone is going to lay down for them, they'll be working hard to go all the way this year. I hope LE gives them a good game, is this one going to be broadcast on the web anywhere?

lulu
08-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by lulu

Sorry was editing a reply and my machine froze.

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
For the whooping of your life. Sorry LE Dad but there is no way you guys are bringing this power house down.

Gilmer is #1 and I don't think there is anyone that will change that this year.

The votes don't really matter......#1 is #1 and that is Gilmer. Heck we are in their district and I concede (?sp) to that. Figure it out, accept it, get over it. :kiss: #1 hmm, Thats why we play Gilmer with any luck this will be our first of 2 meetings this year. This team has the best athletes LE has put on the field EVER. They still have a couple of things that need some work, but if they get it together by week 2, it could be fun. Gilmer- LE is never a blow-out, LE will score Gimer will score. It will come down to field position and turnovers. It will be a good game to watch come on over with the Buckeye guys.
LE has changed Gilmers ranking before maybe we can do it again. :thinking:

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Well Gilmer has been in an eerily similar position at the start of a season and found themselves choking on the bitterness of an early exit, so I doubt the buckeyes are thinking everyone is going to lay down for them, they'll be working hard to go all the way this year. I hope LE gives them a good game, is this one going to be broadcast on the web anywhere? Should be able to find on GAP Broadcasting KMJI out of Texarkana and I think Gilmer does web also.

waterboy
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
If you want to hear a Buckeye game, go to this site:

http://www.dsvanywhere.com/gilmer/

A word of warning, though, the guys doing the broadcast are definitely homers!:D

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
If you want to hear a Buckeye game, go to this site:

http://www.dsvanywhere.com/gilmer/

A word of warning, though, the guys doing the broadcast are definitely homers!:D LE guy not a homer . Just former coach with 2 grandsons on team a step son that is asst. coach and a step dtr that is a cheerleader sponsor. Tune in for completely unbiased coverage :2thumbsup

BuckeyeNut
08-24-2009, 10:46 AM
This is going to be a good game until the first quarter is over. My half time score is 21-0.

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Black Flag
This is going to be a good game until the first quarter is over. My half time score is 21-0. :doh: ...and so it begins.:1popcorn: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

:stirpot: 17 - 14. I will even spot ya the lead for 1st qtr. ;)

lulu
08-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:doh: ...and so it begins.:1popcorn: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

God knows I love ya LE Dad but you are really loading your wagon. You know that sentence in your previous post where you said there were still some things LE is working on but maybe they will get them worked out by week 2.......well that right there is your answer. Gilmer don't got that problem. They worked them all out on us last year. Didn you take note of that score?

Good luck with that!

lulu
08-24-2009, 11:20 AM
I would not mind seeing that game at all. But we need all the support we can get so I have to go and back my Panthers.

I know it will be a great game and I am giving LE a hard time but I have to get a little smack in somehow. :devil:

BuckeyeNut
08-24-2009, 11:23 AM
:doh: ...and so it begins.:1popcorn: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

all i can so is WOW

waterboy
08-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Dang! I don't doubt Liberty-Eylau will give Gilmer a good game. Look at the history between these two teams. They have always been close games, so why would anyone think any differently this year? I'm a homer through and through, and I still have a problem thinking that the Buckeyes will blow them out. I don't think it'll happen that way. Don't get me wrong, I would love for the Buckeyes to cruise in that game and win it easily, but if history serves correctly, it won't be that way. Here's how the past 3 games have gone:

'06 - Liberty-Eylau 39, Gilmer 36
'07 - Gilmer 41, Liberty-Eylau 26
'08 - Gilmer 28, Liberty-Eylau 14

BuckeyeNut
08-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Lets see how they do this week then we will talk more about week 2

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
I would not mind seeing that game at all. But we need all the support we can get so I have to go and back my Panthers.

I know it will be a great game and I am giving LE a hard time but I have to get a little smack in somehow. :devil: :clap: :D It's gonna be a fun one come on over though. You know SH football is like a sinking ship. Women in children need to be spared.:stirpot:

lostaussie
08-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Lets see how they do this week then we will talk more about week 2 yep.........I'm all about some Jasper this week and go from there.............way to many out of towners blowing our horns for us. Every team is beatable!!!!! one game at a time.

pirate4state
08-24-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
yep.........I'm all about some Jasper this week and go from there.............way to many out of towners blowing our horns for us. Every team is beatable!!!!! one game at a time. Fine! Yall suck! :tongue: SO THERE!

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Fine! Yall suck! :tongue: SO THERE! :fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost:
Shhh... Don't say anything we are telling the Buckeyes how really great they are :spitlol: Like they need anyone to do that. :cheerl: :cheerl:

lulu
08-24-2009, 02:07 PM
yep.........I'm all about some Jasper this week and go from there.............way to many out of towners blowing our horns for us. Every team is beatable!!!!! one game at a time.

Ok you don't want support.....we can always call you a "sinking ship" instead of showing respect for a good football team.
Most good teams would appreciate the praise but I understand, I just forgot for a moment who we were dealing with.:rolleyes:

lulu
08-24-2009, 02:09 PM
:clap: :D It's gonna be a fun one come on over though. You know SH football is like a sinking ship. Women in children need to be spared.:stirpot:

Well thank you LE Dad. That's really nice of you.:D

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 02:13 PM
yep.........I'm all about some Jasper this week and go from there.............way to many out of towners blowing our horns for us. Every team is beatable!!!!! one game at a time.

Wow....I guess I won't make that trek across the state to watch Gilmer afterall...being as I am an " out of towner" and all!!:eek:

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Ok you don't want support.....we can always call you a "sinking ship" instead of showing respect for a good football team.
Most good teams would appreciate the praise but I understand, Im just forgot for a moment who we were dealing with.:rolleyes: :wave: I meant that in a nice way LuLu. :D
:crazy1: All in good fun, all in good time :crazy1: :vrycnfsd:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 02:16 PM
:wave: I meant that in a nice way LuLu. :D
:crazy1: All in good fun, all in good time :crazy1: :vrycnfsd:

LOL!! She wasn't quoting you when she posted that!!!!:p

lulu
08-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Wow....I guess I won't make that trek across the state to watch Gilmer afterall...being as I am an " out of towner" and all!!:eek:

Right there with ya RM. No "non Homers" welcome. They can do it all on there on.:clap: :clap: :clap:

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Wow....I guess I won't make that trek across the state to watch Gilmer afterall...being as I am an " out of towner" and all!!:eek: :clap: RM u can come over to Leopard Land anytime. We have a great time. We love out of towners.:inlove: :inlove:

:D :D

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 02:51 PM
LOL!! She wasn't quoting you when she posted that!!!!:p LOL...After last night with WOS087 I am treading softly:thinking:

:D

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
LOL...After last night with WOS087 I am treading softly:thinking:

Yeah...I read that crap....good idea!!;)

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah...I read that crap....good idea!!;) :thinking: Yeah, I saw where that was heading :doh: It was time to get back to East Texas.:D

lostaussie
08-24-2009, 04:12 PM

Most good teams would appreciate the praise but I understand, I just forgot for a moment who we were dealing with.:rolleyes: you guys and girls took what i said all wrong. i am all about the support...........our team is fun to watch and i hope lots of fans who like good football come out and watch us. but....we haven't won a state championship in several years and anyone who knows high school football knows they don't come easy. I know several things about this board.............if you don't live up to expectations they will crucify you. just see 2004 Decatur and 2006 Gilmer. I prefer to enjoy the ride:thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 08:25 PM
you guys and girls took what i said all wrong. i am all about the support...........our team is fun to watch and i hope lots of fans who like good football come out and watch us. but....we haven't won a state championship in several years and anyone who knows high school football knows they don't come easy. I know several things about this board.............if you don't live up to expectations they will crucify you. just see 2004 Decatur and 2006 Gilmer. I prefer to enjoy the ride:thumbsup:

I knew what you were saying...but I wanted to have fun like everyone else was having!!!:p

garciap77
08-24-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL...After last night with WOS087 I am treading softly:thinking:

Nice to hear that!::) You can pick on Bobcatbenny or Rocket!:D

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Nice to hear that!::) You can pick on Bobcatbenny or Rocket!:D Lol.

BuckeyeNut
08-25-2009, 06:01 AM
I want all yall to come watch us roll all over the state handing out can's of "CODE RED" if you dont know ask water. This team that we have most of these boys have only lost a few times. Were all very hopefull this year. Were just wanting to take it one week at a time, last time we looked over someone they beat us in the last 5mins. So come jump on the Orange and Black RV were going to put alot of miles on it this year.:D :D

garciap77
08-25-2009, 07:30 AM
I want all yall to come watch us roll all over the state handing out can's of "CODE RED" if you dont know ask water. This team that we have most of these boys have only lost a few times. Were all very hopefull this year. Were just wanting to take it one week at a time, last time we looked over someone they beat us in the last 5mins. So come jump on the Orange and Black RV were going to put alot of miles on it this year.:D :D

Who is water?

waterboy
08-25-2009, 07:44 AM
I've got our Buckeye RV ready to go. Those long trips won't be so bad now.:D It needs a little polishing, waxing, and a complete detail job, along with a big orange "G" logo and we're good to go.

http://static.flickr.com/1383/942729691_a7ab36b768.jpg

waterboy
08-25-2009, 07:45 AM
Who is water?
:doh: :D

garciap77
08-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey I saw this BUS in Abilene a few days ago!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/weterboybus.jpg

;)

LE Dad
08-25-2009, 08:16 AM
I want all yall to come watch us roll all over the state handing out can's of "CODE RED" if you dont know ask water. This team that we have most of these boys have only lost a few times. Were all very hopefull this year. Were just wanting to take it one week at a time, last time we looked over someone they beat us in the last 5mins. So come jump on the Orange and Black RV were going to put alot of miles on it this year.:D :D :thinking: LOL. Orange Black and now Red. How many colors are you guys using this year? :doh: :clap:

BuckeyeNut
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Who is water?

That would be "WATERBOY"

BuckeyeNut
08-25-2009, 09:14 AM
I've got our Buckeye RV ready to go. Those long trips won't be so bad now.:D It needs a little polishing, waxing, and a complete detail job, along with a big orange "G" logo and we're good to go.

Nice, its a Mercedes

waterboy
08-25-2009, 09:28 AM
:thinking: LOL. Orange Black and now Red. How many colors are you guys using this year? :doh: :clap:
That's our motto this year, LE Dad. "Code Red"........it seems the only two teams we lost to last year were wearing red. Needless to say, we will NOT lose to ANY team with red in their colors.:D Yes, that includes your beloved Leopards.:taunt: :D

LH_Tuff
08-25-2009, 09:34 AM

Traveling in style right there. You have no reason to not go to Waco now. :p

waterboy
08-25-2009, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
Traveling in style right there. You have no reason to not go to Waco now. :p
NO!! We tried to drive it through Waco on the way back from the dealer and the thing died about 10 miles south of the city limit! Needless to say, after we finally kept saying we will NOT go through Waco it cranked right up! We ended up taking the scenic route on some country roads. Never had another problem with it after that!:p So......in a nutshell.......if we have to play in Waco the bus won't take us there!:D

LE Dad
08-25-2009, 10:09 AM
That's our motto this year, LE Dad. "Code Red"........it seems the only two teams we lost to last year were wearing red. Needless to say, we will NOT lose to ANY team with red in their colors.:D Yes, that includes your beloved Leopards.:taunt: :D :clap: Lol

garciap77
08-25-2009, 11:54 AM
Nice, its a Mercedes

:iagree: :iagree:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/waterboybuswithlogo.jpg

:)

LE Dad
08-25-2009, 01:31 PM

http://static.flickr.com/1383/942729691_a7ab36b768.jpg Bring that bad boy with u to T town. U park in endzone and fire up the grill :1popcorn:

waterboy
08-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Bring that bad boy with u to T town. U park in enstone and fire up the grill :1popcorn:
You better bring some ribeyes, A1 sauce, potatoes, foil, fresh lettuce, onion, 'maters, mustard, hamburger meat, hamburger buns, hot dogs, hot dog buns, and all the other fixin's, etc.......oh, and the grill, charcoal, and/LP gas! I'll bring my buddies and myself.:D I'll be glad to let ya hang out and cook for me!:p

LE Dad
08-25-2009, 06:23 PM
You better bring some ribeyes, A1 sauce, potatoes, foil, fresh lettuce, onion, 'maters, mustard, hamburger meat, hamburger buns, hot dogs, hot dog buns, and all the other fixin's, etc.......oh, and the grill, charcoal, and/LP gas! I'll bring my buddies and myself.:D I'll be glad to let ya hang out and cook for me!:p :thinking: :thinking: :hand: something sounds kinda funny:D bout that. Can't quite put my finger:tisk: on it.:clap: