Bulldogs 0

Matthew328
08-23-2009, 10:57 PM
this gets real ugly real fast

poisoned10
08-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Gilmer - A lot
Jasper - Some

For the most part, Gilmer plays well at SFA.

Ex-Tiger2005
08-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Gilmer starts the season right!

Pawdaddy
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Gilmer - 55
Jasper - -17 yds

waterboy
08-24-2009, 09:56 AM
Gilmer WILL win........and that's all I care about.:clap: :D

BuckeyeNut
08-24-2009, 11:25 AM
This game is going to be a statement game 62-7

easttexas3a
08-25-2009, 01:28 AM
I said it in another post. I think Gilmer is improved, and Jasper is not as good as last year.

Gilmer 56
Jasper 14

Idk how you could put Jasper within 3 TD's of Gilmer based off paper. OF course we know the game is played on the field, it will be a good game to see how we do live.

jason
08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
This game is going to be a statement game 62-7 they gonna miss an extra point?

state champs dont miss extra points....

waterboy
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by jason
they gonna miss an extra point?

state champs dont miss extra points....
No, man. I think he meant that the Buckeyes would kick 2 field goals to keep from running up the score.:eek: Sorta like they did when they played Diboll in Bi-district last year.:doh: They kicked one field goal on third down.:eek:

There's a possibility this game could get ugly, but.........maybe not. You never know.....

WOS1
08-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't know how this game made the R3GOTW... Jasper lost their best player, their coach and their offense... Gilmer lost no one and were already better than Jasper last year. This will be a beat down. Sorry Jasper folks, I still love ya, but I gotta call them like I see them.

j_dog
08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
I don't know how this game made the R3GOTW... ..
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps it is because Jasper's new coach took two different teams to the state finals. But expecting him to raise Jasper to a competitive level with Gilmer in his first game is expecting a major miracle.

easttexas3a
08-26-2009, 04:39 AM
The real game of the week in the region is 3a Carthage vs. 4a Kilgore. I don't think we can have a 4a team involved though. So once you eliminate that game, migth as well go see either WOS or Gilmer, and I guess we got the nod.

BuckeyeNut
08-26-2009, 08:44 AM
I was reading up on the New Coach at jasper and he seems to be a really good one. He has won every were he has been. He put in a new Offense and Defense this year. The Defense is 3-3 Stack, which i really like. I hope he can get the program back on track.

WOS1
08-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
The real game of the week in the region is 3a Carthage vs. 4a Kilgore. I don't think we can have a 4a team involved though. So once you eliminate that game, migth as well go see either WOS or Gilmer, and I guess we got the nod.

Well, WOS also plays a 4A team so that took us out of the loop too. Just hard to believe that there will not be another 3A v 3A that will be a little closer because this one will not.

Now, let me say. I realize you have to pick what you think will be the best game, whether you know about each team that particular year or not. Usually a Jasper v Gilmer game will be a good one. I do not mean to complain, I appreciate what you staff guys are doing!;)

SHSBulldog00
08-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Buckeye's will extend their halftime lead. It's the year of the Stump!

j_dog
08-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Well, WOS also plays a 4A team so that took us out of the loop too. Just hard to believe that there will not be another 3A v 3A that will be a little closer because this one will not.

Now, let me say. I realize you have to pick what you think will be the best game, whether you know about each team that particular year or not. Usually a Jasper v Gilmer game will be a good one. I do not mean to complain, I appreciate what you staff guys are doing!;)
Then again, we may get that major miracle! :thinking: :) I feel this game might be more competitive than it looks on paper.

WOS1
08-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I really wish that would be true. I would love for Jasper to expose some weaknesses of Gilmer. I just don't think there are any.

j_dog
08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I really wish that would be true. I would love for Jasper to expose some weaknesses of Gilmer. I just don't think there are any.
If Jasper exposes any Gilmer weaknesses, Gilmer will have them fixed before WOS plays them. ;)

poisoned10
08-27-2009, 08:17 AM

Gilmer has a weakness. This year, it's the offense. Well, kinda . . .

BuckeyeNut
08-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Ok i cant wait any longer i wish today was Friday.

lulu
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Ok i cant wait any longer i wish today was Friday.

Flag...you are so funny. Like a little boy at a candy store. Good luck and I hope time flies for you.

BuckeyeNut
08-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Flag...you are so funny. Like a little boy at a candy store. Good luck and I hope time flies for you.

Well tomorrow will go fast taking a half day to get everything done so we can leave around 5.

WOS1
08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
If Jasper exposes any Gilmer weaknesses, Gilmer will have them fixed before WOS plays them. ;)

Some can be fixed and some can't. I hope Jasper exposes one that can't...;) If such thing exists.

garciap77
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Gilmer WILL win........and that's all I care about.:clap: :D

:iagree:

BuckeyeNut
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Some can be fixed and some can't. I hope Jasper exposes one that can't...;) If such thing exists.

Don't worry about are weakness just be there so we can play each other again. :D :D

GUNHO
08-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Don't worry about are weakness I just hope we are both there so we can play each other again. :D :D

I fixed it fer you.:D :D

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by easttexas3a
The real game of the week in the region is 3a Carthage vs. 4a Kilgore. I don't think we can have a 4a team involved though. So once you eliminate that game, migth as well go see either WOS or Gilmer, and I guess we got the nod. I agree. Whoever set this one up is nuts.

j_dog
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by C'monRef!
I agree. Whoever set this one up is nuts.
as in a buckeye nut ???:thinking:

DaHop72
08-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by C'monRef!
I agree. Whoever set this one up is nuts. You could have volunteered and been the Reg. III editor and picked the game yourself but to do that you have to stay active on the board for the entire season. :eek: :eek:

lostaussie
08-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You could have volunteered and been the Reg. III editor and picked the game yourself but to do that you have to stay active on the board for the entire season. :eek: :eek: :D:D

Buckeye80
08-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Bout to leave! Man oh Man this is like Christmas morning!

C'monRef!
08-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
You could have volunteered and been the Reg. III editor and picked the game yourself but to do that you have to stay active on the board for the entire season. :eek: :eek: Well, I figure I'd probably atleast have to be from Reg 3 too?

j_dog
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Gilmer 8, Jasper 7 with 8.33 to go in first half. Jasper just scored on a long drive.

j_dog
08-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe this really is the game of the week? :confused:

Ranger Mom
08-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Maybe this really is the game of the week? :confused:

Sounds like a good one!

Is Jasper better than advertised or is Gilmer just overrated??

Maybe a little of both??

j_dog
08-28-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Sounds like a good one!

Is Jasper better than advertised or is Gilmer just overrated??

Maybe a little of both??
Maybe some of both. But I posted that I had a feeling .......

But Gilmer could still break this game wide open. But Jasper has been all over the Gilmer QB so far tonight.

j_dog
08-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Gilmer got their game together in the second half, but I do now think this game deserved to be GOTW. :) Congratulations to Gilmer for the victory.

Jasper showed that they have a lot to build on. The turnovers did them in, else it may have been a much closer game. Jasper scored 2 tds on a team that had not given up a td in 2 scrimmages.

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Is that the end of the series or do you think Jasper will want to schedule Gilmer in the future?

j_dog
08-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Is that the end of the series or do you think Jasper will want to schedule Gilmer in the future?
Maybe we can meet in the playoffs ??

Sure, I think Jasper would schedule Gilmer again. Jasper has never run from competition. They play WOS almost every year. You have to play better teams to get better.

I would have liked to have a better result tonight, but considering that Jasper has a new coach, a totally new offense, and a new just about everything ...... I think Jasper did pretty good tonight. :)

Aesculus gilmus
08-28-2009, 11:28 PM
You're right.

Gilmer may well go into Division I this year, according to the majority opinion of the prognosticators, in which case there may well be a GBux-JDawgs rematch in mid-November, provided you make it as the big school from 18-3A.

Could be an entirely different environment then than now. After 10 weeks, the "Bickham System" may have caught on. But, as you know, you'd better not ever get more than two TDs behind Gilmer. And you'd better not turn it over like that.

j_dog
08-28-2009, 11:32 PM
I think Jasper will take care of the turnovers. Those kids have had so much new stuff thrown at them it is amazing. Amazing that they grabbed as much as they did so quickly. I am happy for them. Bickham said that if they improve every week over the prior week they can be pretty good by district.

lulu
08-29-2009, 12:07 AM
What was the final score?

lulu
08-29-2009, 12:12 AM
Never mind ...got it off another thread.

easttexas3a
08-29-2009, 01:19 AM
42-14

BuckeyeNut
08-29-2009, 11:18 AM
O-line has alot to work on. Jasper's Def line was Huge that nose guard is a big boy. At times they had not Def line and about 6 linebackers. Gilmer made good half time changes and broke it open. Middle linebacker Mikey Wilson is a head cracker. He force 2 fumbles with one on one tackles. Secondary has some work to do. So does the running game.

SHSBulldog00
08-29-2009, 11:24 AM
I got worried. My paper today had Jasper with the win. I guess they have some things to work out at the paper.

XtremeCouture
08-29-2009, 01:40 PM
yeah my paper said jasper 42 gilmer 14. i couldn't believe it

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 02:23 PM
The assumption before the year was that offense would be our weakness this year.
Through one game, that is the case. Our offensive line was owned throughout the game, and Stump got rattled by the constant pressure. He was terribly inaccurate the majority of the time, and the few times he threw accurately, there were some drops. Overall, our offense needs some serious repair.
Defensively, I was pleased. Jasper is a good-sized team, and I have resigned myself to the fact that Jeff Traylor will never have a defensive lineman that weighs more than 180lbs. If you run up the middle against Gilmer, you will have success. It's been that way for the entire Traylor era.
We have the makings of being a pretty good football team. I, for one, underestimated Jasper, but I also feel that the Buckeyes had an unusually poor performance. We have good speed (not quite as much as we usually do), and play very hard on defense. So as to Gilmer being overrated, I never thought they should be number one to begin with. And as to Jasper being better than advertised, the answer is a big yes!
Good luck Bulldogs! Maybe we meet again.

WOS1
08-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Isn't the O-line the same one you had last year?

Lack of speed (or usuall speed)? Is that the un-repairable weakness I was looking for?:p

Buckeye80
08-30-2009, 05:24 PM
We lost some lineman to graduation. We have suffered from an alarming lack of size in recent years.
As for the speed, we probably have less speed than WOS (as we usually do) :D . I'm accustomed to seeing several absolute "burners" for the Buckeyes, but aside from Tristan Holt, our speed is down a bit. Jeremy Jackson aka "Electric Waterbug" is extraordinarily quick, but with the line play, I don't know how much of that speed he will get to showcase.

WOS1
08-30-2009, 09:47 PM
I thought your O-line had good size last year. I feel your pain on the lack of size thing. This year we are a little bigger than usual. We have a couple of big boys then several in the 200-220 lb range.

As for speed, well yeah, we have a lot of that this year, even more than usual.

orange machine
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
We normally dont have real big kids, but the Celina oline is pretty good size this year. The right side of the oline or from the center to the right is 271lbs across the left side is much smaller with the LT at 218 and the LG at 210.

j_dog
08-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by XtremeCouture
yeah my paper said jasper 42 gilmer 14. i couldn't believe it
hey, if u cant win on the field, win at the paper! :D