PDA

View Full Version : District 28 - Week 0

R4Editor
08-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Goliad @ Sinton (covered in D31 write-up)

Yoakum @ Columbus (covered in D25 write-up)

Cuero @ 4A Beeville
The Gobblers lost almost all of their Defense and 7 starters from their outstanding offense. But, they return RB Trent Jackson and QB Tyler Arndt.
Beeville has to replace 4 year QB Soza and HC Soza. The Gobblers are sure to be a motivated team this year and they may have the best leader in R4 in Arndt.
Gobblers by 10

Palacios @ 2A East Bernard.
The Sharks are thin this year, and the Bahamas look like they will compete for their district title, again.
EB by 16

Edna @ 2A Hallettsville
The Cowboys were very young last year. Combine that youth with a new coaching staff and you get a 3-7 ’08 campaign. The Brahmas lost a lot to graduation and we think the Cowboys avenge last year’s loss.
Edna by 12

Gonzales @ 4A Dripping Springs.
Which Gonzales team shows up this year; the juggernaut from ’07 or the mistake prone bunch from ’08? We think the Apaches are much improved, but we also think they are overmatched on the road vs. a 4A team that went two rounds deep in ’08.
DS by 10

CueroDad08
08-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by R4Editor
Goliad @ Sinton (covered in D31 write-up)

Yoakum @ Columbus (covered in D25 write-up)

Cuero @ 4A Beeville
The Gobblers lost almost all of their Defense and 7 starters from their outstanding offense. But, they return RB Trent Jackson and QB Tyler Arndt.
Beeville has to replace 4 year QB Soza and HC Soza. The Gobblers are sure to be a motivated team this year and they may have the best leader in R4 in Arndt.
Gobblers by 10

Palacios @ 2A East Bernard.
The Sharks are thin this year, and the Bahamas look like they will compete for their district title, again.
EB by 16

Edna @ 2A Hallettsville
The Cowboys were very young last year. Combine that youth with a new coaching staff and you get a 3-7 ’08 campaign. The Brahmas lost a lot to graduation and we think the Cowboys avenge last year’s loss.
Edna by 12

Gonzales @ 4A Dripping Springs.
Which Gonzales team shows up this year; the juggernaut from ’07 or the mistake prone bunch from ’08? We think the Apaches are much improved, but we also think they are overmatched on the road vs. a 4A team that went two rounds deep in ’08.
DS by 10

I would have to Disagree with you on The Hallettsville and Edna game. Hallettsville is loaded with a group of Jrs this year. This will be a team to keep up with and very fun to watch. Hallettsville WILL win this one.

R4Editor
08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, if we only miss one then we've done OK I think.

H'ville does have some outstanding Jrs, especially their RB Lenzy. (I hope I spelled that right)

We based our pick on the fact that Edna started a lot of Sophs last year and their JV still handled the H'ville JV.
That and the fact Kam Jones is healthy.

Edna and H'ville have a long history of playing very close games, but we think Edna has the edge this year.

I'm ready for Friday night!

Cowboy_Up
08-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Cowboys will have their hands full with Hallettsville.

Looks like we will be able to score some points, but I don't know if we'll stop anybody.

Old Green
08-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Great write ups R4Editor:clap:

Cowboy_Up
08-29-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
I would have to Disagree with you on The Hallettsville and Edna game. Hallettsville is loaded with a group of Jrs this year. This will be a team to keep up with and very fun to watch. Hallettsville WILL win this one.

I think one of the reasons many in Region 4 will underestimate the Cowboys is because they've never seen Kam Jones play. In his soph year, we were 2A so most in 3A have never seen what he can do. Last Night he passed for 228 yds and 2 TDs, and ran for 100+ and a TD. That's a normal night for Kam.

As a 10th grader he passed for 1500+ yards and ran for over 1000 in 9 games (he got hurt in the 1st qt of the 10th game). He then broke his leg during basketball and never really got a chance to get in shape for his junior year. Last year he was hurt in the 2nd game of the season and missed 4 games before he came back. He's had some bad luck in the last two years, but he's back 100%.

He is a true dual threat as he throws very well and has moves and strength to go with his 4.4 speed. As long as he's healthy, he's a threat on every play.