PDA

View Full Version : District 26 - Week 0

R4Editor
08-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Brookshire Royal @ Hempstead

The Falcon's will look to Jr. RB Brandon Williams (broken collarbone in '08) along with the connection of QB Eric Matthews and WR Shane Alexander. The defense will be anchored by DT Charles Lewis (6'4 350).

Hempstead's top returner's are (6'4) Jr. WR Trent Momon and DE Tylond Robertson.

Prediction: Brookshire Royal

Columbia vs. Brazosport

The Roughneck's will lack experience but will gain athleticism in their Multiple I Formation Offense. RB Dylan Johnican and Soph RB Sean Flannel will lead the ground assault. Gray Raley will battle with Daymond Lewis as starting QB. The OL will be led by Aaron Boucher (6'3 275). Several neck's will play both offense and defense. Johnican and Flannel @ LB'er and Raley and Lewis @ DB.

Prediction: Brazosport

Needville vs Houston Worthing

After losing their RB to graduation look for the Jay's to be carried by the defense early. LB'ers Josh Novosad, Jake Johnson and DE Dylan Fuchs. The Jay's will have a bigger OL led by P.J. Eady. Under center will be QB Caleb Berrywho completed 53% of his passes. Berry's top target will be Jr. WR Shea Lehman.

Worthing's Big OL will block for RB Arthur Jackson (1,500 yds) and QB Kyle McDonald (800 yds passing). Defense is very raw and unexperienced.

Prediction: Push (too close to call)

Stafford vs. Splendora

The Spartans will look to rebound from a difficult season with more experience. QB Boris Anyama will be a threat to run and throw. Taking a bulk of the carries will be Jr. RB Aaron Oates. The Spartans will look to DL Donald Fuller to anchor the young defense.

Splendora Soph QB Jake Sweat's top target WR Travis Scherer (6'3 180). On defense standouts are SS Jonathan Minchew, LB C.W. Page and DL Lance Holifield.

Prediction: Splendora

Sweeny @ Van Vleck

Sweeny's young offense will be led by RB Jamell Woodard (5'8 205) (1,257 yds 20 TD's) in 7 1/2 games. The Bulldogs have holes on the OL that will be filled by 3 Sr.'s and 2 Jr.'s. QB Mitch Ferrell steps in under center to lead the Bulldog offense. WR Justin Johnson and Levi Holmes should be the main targets. The team speed will be much better iin '09 than last season. The defense will be led by DT Chase Schuelke and CB Tre Lemon.

Van Vleck will be carried on the defense by DT Michael O'Guin (6'3 290). On offense the Leopards are changing their approach. Look for them to run the ball more this season. QB Kade Kucera returns and will share time with Terrence Alliniece and Andray Brown. The running game will be by committee. Backs will be Jeremy Quiroga, Alliniece, Andray Brown, Wayne Foston and Freshman Marcus Brown.

Prediction: Sweeny

Wharton vs. Altair Rice Cons.

The Wharton Tiger's return four veteran OL. The QB position has yet to be solidified but RB DeShavian Williams should lead the ground game. On defense DL Marcus Melton and DB's Elijah Richardson and Tyrik Dickerson ought to lead the Tiger D.

Rice still has some spark on offense with QB Myles Dumont and WR Mario Hull. DT Chris Dorsey and LB Damien Stevens will lead the Raider defense.

Prediction: Altair Rice Cons.

IHStangFan
08-23-2009, 05:20 PM
:clap: Looks good!!

I'm curious as to if you might know .....as I'm not home and I DON'T know....who will be in the backfield for the Jays on O this year? I know they did graduate their leading rusher, but I believe they still will have the Hadjik kid and perhaps the Hunter kid? I'm not for certain and really don't know if any skill position kids have been moved around or not. I'd predict though that Hadjik will be in the backfield w/ some help from one or two others to split time with.