PDA

View Full Version : Henderson (4A) vs Navasota

HEMOTOXIC
08-23-2009, 12:50 PM
OK, here we again again. Week 0, Navasota vs Henderson @ Abe Martin Stadium in Lufkin on Thursday @ 7p. The Rattlers escaped the Lions with a one point victory a year ago as the Rattlers went on to go undefeated before losing to La Vega in ot in the playoffs. After losing a very talented senior class, many thought that the Rattlers would have a rebuilding year this year. There is just one problem. The Rattlers return 7 from last years defense, 7 from offense, and a JV team that went 7-0-1 in 2008. After two very impressive scrimmages against 4A Houston CE King and a very talented Mexia Blackcat team, the Rattlers seem to have not missed a beat.

Henderson Lions (visitors)
Navasota Rattlers (home), THURS 7p Lufkin

Who wins & why?

navscanmaster
08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I think Navasota wins this one relatively easy this year. Henderson has not shown enough in their first two scrimmages (Sulphur Springs and Palestine), which were both losses. To add to that, they have injuries to reportedly both their QB Tyrell Jenkins and their starting TE Reese. The Henderson Daily News has reported that the lack of experience at receiver is a big potential problem as well. The athletic receivers that the Lions had last year were the biggest problem to Navasota's D last year, being that they only rushed for 40 something yards, yet passed for almost 400 against the Rattles. They do have a decent returning cast on both sides of the ball, but are just a little bigger all around. Henderson is still picked to finish last in their district by almost everybody. They were definitely not expected to hang with Navasota last year, but they shut us up pretty quick.

Navasota on the other hand has a gamebreaker calling snaps now in Kye Hildreth. He is not Jacolby (a three year starter), but he could possibly be better in some regards. The receivers have looked good having never played varsity before this season. So I guess that the same thing applies to them as to the Lion receivers. I feel confident that they will be good, but we will see. I think the Navasota defense will ultimately dominate this game, and the offense will be able to gel enough to get at least a couple of scores and come away with the win.

Navasota---7-7-0-14-----28
Henderson-7-3-3-00-----13

Bull's-eye
08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Navasota by at least 10 points. Rattlers fly under the radar for a few games, but word will get out that this is a really good team.

HEMOTOXIC
08-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
I think Navasota wins this one relatively easy this year. Henderson has not shown enough in their first two scrimmages (Sulphur Springs and Palestine), which were both losses. To add to that, they have injuries to reportedly both their QB Tyrell Jenkins and their starting TE Reese. The Henderson Daily News has reported that the lack of experience at receiver is a big potential problem as well. The athletic receivers that the Lions had last year were the biggest problem to Navasota's D last year, being that they only rushed for 40 something yards, yet passed for almost 400 against the Rattles. They do have a decent returning cast on both sides of the ball, but are just a little bigger all around. Henderson is still picked to finish last in their district by almost everybody. They were definitely not expected to hang with Navasota last year, but they shut us up pretty quick.

Navasota on the other hand has a gamebreaker calling snaps now in Kye Hildreth. He is not Jacolby (a three year starter), but he could possibly be better in some regards. The receivers have looked good having never played varsity before this season. So I guess that the same thing applies to them as to the Lion receivers. I feel confident that they will be good, but we will see. I think the Navasota defense will ultimately dominate this game, and the offense will be able to gel enough to get at least a couple of scores and come away with the win.

Navasota---7-7-0-14-----28
Henderson-7-3-3-00-----13

Good in site as usual.

HEMOTOXIC
08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Navasota by at least 10 points. Rattlers fly under the radar for a few games, but word will get out that this is a really good team.

Hopefully good enough to upset the Brahmas.:D

HEMOTOXIC
08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Good Luck Rattlers! I will be rootin you guys on from ATL.

GO SNAKES!

11as1
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't know much about either team but what i do know is that navasota is always very impressive. So i'll have to say the home team rattlers pull away in this one, second team in by the end of the game

IHStangFan
08-26-2009, 10:55 PM
I know next to nothing about Henderson's football team.....but with that said....gimme the Rattlers just 'cause!!

GO RATTLERS!!

HEMOTOXIC
08-27-2009, 07:04 AM
GO RATTLERS!!! GO RATTLERS!!! GO RATTLERS!!! GO RATTLERS!!!