PDA

View Full Version : Celina-Bridgeport?

charlesrixey
08-22-2009, 10:09 PM
Just curious-haven't heard anything about this one

gatordaze
08-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I think BP looked good defensively Celina won 2-0 in the controlled scrimmage portion and 7-0 in the live quarter. Oline had a few let downs but all in all I think Celina could have held them to less than 14 over an entire game. Was pretty impressed with Brumfield and Simmons on O and the linebackers as a group on D.

d0tc0m
08-23-2009, 01:26 AM
I didn't get to see this scrim, but Brumfield looked pretty good against LoveJoy. Good to hear the linebackers are looked good. We need Lavey to be 100%. Can't wait till thursday. Is there going to be a broadcast of this game anywhere on the web?

coachkiss
08-23-2009, 01:42 AM
www.celinabobcast.com will be broadcasting the game on the web.

d0tc0m
08-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Alright, thank you very much coach! I'll miss the first half probably because I'll be at work, should get to catch the second half though. Working late on thurs-saturday during football season should be outlawed.

Bullaholic
08-23-2009, 02:16 PM
Celina looked to be the better team in this scrimmage. They overpowered the Bulls with their "D" and kept the Bull "O" out of sync most of the scrimmage. The Celina "O" ran the ball pretty well and the QB threw accurately and effectively as well. The Bobcats have a lot of good looking athletes again this season---I was impressed with their size and conditioning----especially on the "D", which I think will be the strength of this year's Bobcat team.. I think they could be in the hunt for the D2 title again this season.

The Bulls have some work to do on the "O" line, and the "D" has to learn to drop back into pass coverage faster. Even so, I think the raw materials are there for the Bulls to make the playoffs, and if they are true to their history, they will find a way to peak at the end of the season for the playoffs by getting better each week.

Go Bulls!

MamaBull
08-23-2009, 04:11 PM
celina was weak

Budman007
08-23-2009, 05:35 PM
It appears that the Bull's D may be the strength of this year's team for the first time in many years? Loss of Horner, Price and Serafin on last years's O-line are going to be huge shoes to fill.

Celina has one of the best programs in the state year after year.
Good luck Bobcats!

Bullaholic
08-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Good to see you and Mama Bull in here, Budman. I agree with you about the Bull "D"---they are quick and gang tackle well, and I bet the "O" line will come around just fine after they get a little more experience. Can't wait for it to start for real Friday night.

Mama Bull---you are still stronger than 40 acres of garlic for our Bulls---I am just glad you are on our side....:D

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2009, 06:51 PM
After reading the posts from you BP fans it makes
me feel like it was just yesterday I that I was meeting
ya'll in the Bowl last year. :D

BobcatBenny
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by MamaBull
celina was weak
Hey Mama ... :inlove:

Yeah ... Celina was weak ...

... back in the 1920s ............ LOL

garciap77
08-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Hey Mama ... :inlove:

Yeah ... Celina was weak ...

... back in the 1920s ............ LOL

Get back in your hole you dirty CAT!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/FootballCatBed.jpg

:D

MamaBull
08-23-2009, 08:38 PM
in all seriousness, celina may have some work on the offensive side. but as usual, they're probably not going to have a problem once they hit playoffs.

as for the bulls o-line: the talent is there however the only returning starter on the line was sidelined with a dislocated knee a week or two ago. his back up has played tackle for all of one week, and played pretty dang good for a newby. once week 0 comes around we'll be prepared, and should be full tilt come district.

those who thing this is a rebuilding year, watch out.

Bullaholic
08-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
After reading the posts from you BP fans it makes
me feel like it was just yesterday I that I was meeting
ya'll in the Bowl last year. :D

Are you saying that Bulls' fans are unforgetable, Red?. :D

Sweetwater Red
08-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Haha, yeah something like that. :thinking: :D