PDA

View Full Version : AFN Sports

IHStangFan
08-22-2009, 06:28 PM
I must vent my frustration. I'm SOOOOO SICK of AFN (Armed Forces Network). It HAS come a long way since back in my day. I remember when AFN was ONE channel....currently I've got like 10 channels....AFN News, AFN Prime, AFN Sports, AFN Movie, etc.

My problem is w/ AFN is two-fold. One....there are no "civilian" commercials. The commercials consist of government/military produced suicide prevention, sexual harassment, & credit infomercials and a handful of other things that border on propaganda.

Second...my larger problem....sports. It seems wherever you are...especially if you're isolated....you're at the mercy of the local program production team and whatever teams they like.

To watch AFN over here, you'd think that the Yankees and the Red Sox were the only two teams in MLB.

I'M SO SICK OF THE YANKEES AND RED SOX!!!

SHOW ME THE ASTROS, SHOW ME THE RANGERS.....HELL...SHOW ME THE FREAKIN DEL MAR COMMUNITY COLLEGE VIKINGS....BUT PELASE!!! NO MORE YANKEES OR RED SOX!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BobcatBenny
08-22-2009, 06:41 PM
Sorry to hear about that ... and thanks for your service. Be safe and well.

To update you on the sports that happened today ...

New York Yankees - 1
Boston Red Sox - 14

:D Sorry ... couldn't help myself!

Twirling Time
08-24-2009, 07:07 AM
I too remember when AFN was one channel. This was before cable became widespread in Europe and right about the time satellite started to take off so instead of one English channel, you could get 10 or 12.

Radio was just about as bad. You had the AFN AM channel and the FM channel, and you were fortunate to get the AM at night. The alternative was Radio Luxembourg on the AM dial, or back then if the weather was right you could pick up BBC Radio One at night.