PDA

View Full Version : Zero Week: Giddings @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
08-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Here ya go, 1st and goal. :p

The "word" (at least from some reports on here ;) ) is that Liberty Hill is going to struggle this season (5-5 GMAB! :hand: ) and Giddings is primed and ready for a deep playoff run. I always figured that secretly the results of scrimmages were the tell-all signs of how a season will progress and "reports" show that to be the case. :1popcorn:

Whacha got? :devil:

trojan37
08-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I say Gliberty Hiddings takes this one.

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Here ya go, 1st and goal. :p

The "word" (at least from some reports on here ;) ) is that Liberty Hill is going to struggle this season (5-5 GMAB! :hand: ) and Giddings is primed and ready for a deep playoff run. I always figured that secretly the results of scrimmages were the tell-all signs of how a season will progress and "reports" show that to be the case. :1popcorn:

Whacha got? :devil: First game is always the toughest to pick too many unknowns. Scrimmages will give you some info but are far from a accurate indicator . These are 2 very good programs. Line em up n let em play.

1st and goal
08-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't believe for a minute that LH will go 5-5 (although there are a bunch of teams that would like to get a win against them). Coach Vance will put a quality coached team on the field. I guess maybe this will test if the Slot T is more about the talent or the scheme itself. I know that LH has had some really great talent the last few years.

OTOH, I hope that Giddings team will come away with a hard earned "W".

Where are all the smack talkers? Last year, there were countless LH folk onboard here. I guess the band wagon jumpers will jump on board sooner or later.

LHPM, I know where to come sit as soon as I hear the cowbell.:D

LHexPlayer
08-22-2009, 12:38 PM
5-5:stirpot:

Pudlugger
08-22-2009, 12:50 PM
I think LH will have a very good season. They will get better as the season progresses. That being said Giddings returns so much talent from a state semifinal team that they will be too much for the Panthers. It may come down to the last man standing in scoring but I'll take the Buffs by 7.

rancher
08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
The herd is way to talented for the panthers to handle. The herd by 21.

LHexPlayer
08-22-2009, 02:11 PM
I think this will be a very tough first game for the Panthers. We are replacing just about everyone and it will take time for the team to gel. I have no doubt Coach Vance and crew will have a game plan and have the boys ready to play come Friday. Good luck to both teams and I wish Giddings a safe travel to the Hill.

Cadetdad
08-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Liberty Hill by 10. I was at the scrimmage on Thursday and yes CC got 2 tds o them, but LH did run down the field a few times and was stopped only by a few mistakes, penalties and fumbles. They looked okay and will be okay...good luck to the Panthers.

Daddy B 12
08-22-2009, 08:19 PM
This is going to be a tough game for the panthers. I have watched all 3 scrimmages this year and it doesnt seem like the coaches have the players where they need to be yet. They have gotten a little better every week but are still not where they need to be. When Fickel returns it should change a few things but for right now, there are still some kinks that need to be worked out for the panthers to be state championship contenders like they have been in the past few years.

d0tc0m
08-22-2009, 09:41 PM
What a great week 0 game! For some reason I just can't help but like the panthers and their fans. I hope they put together a good team again this year, I'd love for my Bobcats to meet them again in the semis. That being said, I feel like they lost too much to take Giddings down this early. I'll take Giddings by 14. So many questions still to be answered though. Time will soon tell! Good luck to the purple panthers!

LHdog
08-23-2009, 05:57 AM
My heart says the Panthers, but my head says Giddings by 14. Rebuilding takes time and with a new OL, QB, and two RBs, but the Panthers will be a different team by district play. However, I expect a slow start to the season (0-2).

fourbeee
08-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Giddings by 14 points

IHStangFan
08-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Never thought I'd be picking against LH...but I'm going to have to go w/ the Buffs in this one.

Gimme Giddings by 10.

turbostud
08-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I don't believe for a minute that LH will go 5-5 (although there are a bunch of teams that would like to get a win against them). Coach Vance will put a quality coached team on the field. I guess maybe this will test if the Slot T is more about the talent or the scheme itself. I know that LH has had some really great talent the last few years.

OTOH, I hope that Giddings team will come away with a hard earned "W".

Where are all the smack talkers? Last year, there were countless LH folk onboard here. I guess the band wagon jumpers will jump on board sooner or later.

LHPM, I know where to come sit as soon as I hear the cowbell.:D

The Slot T is all about the talent. If you dont have the playmakers, you are going to get shut down bigtime.

OldBison75
08-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Gidding has the talent and experience to make this into a big win. BUT--don't underrate the Panthers and Coach Vance--I have seen them win too many game the last few years where they were outsized, out speeded, and supposedly outcoached. Vance will have the Panthers ready and I bet the Slot-T will still put points on the board. The bigger qustion is can the defense stop the Giddings Offense. I think this year the Buff might just pull off the win and that will wake up the sleeping giant in Liberty Hill for all those teams that will have to face them down the road. By season's end--LH WILL be a force again.

LH_Tuff
08-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
The Slot T is all about the talent. If you dont have the playmakers, you are going to get shut down bigtime.

Just keep thinking that way. :rolleyes:

LH_Tuff
08-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Gidding has the talent and experience to make this into a big win. BUT--don't underrate the Panthers and Coach Vance--I have seen them win too many game the last few years where they were outsized, out speeded, and supposedly outcoached. Vance will have the Panthers ready and I bet the Slot-T will still put points on the board. The bigger qustion is can the defense stop the Giddings Offense. I think this year the Buff might just pull off the win and that will wake up the sleeping giant in Liberty Hill for all those teams that will have to face them down the road. By season's end--LH WILL be a force again.

I think you are correct OldBison. I believe the LH defense will be the key this year. By what I have seen in the scrimmages, I believe the defense is better than last year, but not as good as 2007. #21 is no longer in the middle. But I believe #11 is very capable of stepping into those shoes.

Daddy D 11
08-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
I think you are correct OldBison. I believe the LH defense will be the key this year. By what I have seen in the scrimmages, I believe the defense is better than last year, but not as good as 2007. #21 is no longer in the middle. But I believe #11 is very capable of stepping into those shoes.

No way the defense is better.

LH will get better as the season rolls on, but pre-district won't be pretty at all.

You can be disappointed in me all you want LHPM:kiss: but these boys still need TIME, and right now that isn't on their side.

BobcatBenny
08-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I think it all has been said ...

Except this sort of thing always helps. ;)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Dui8IAY9uqg/SFsQcJouJuI/AAAAAAAACE8/nDiCixJz28Y/s400/Game+Over+Man.jpg

garciap77
08-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I think it all has been said ...

Except this sort of thing always helps. ;)

:iagree:
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/GameOverManbenny.jpg
:D

;)

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 03:53 PM
:clap: :fnypost: :vrycnfsd: :fnypost: :clap:

BOCEPHUS
08-23-2009, 06:28 PM
THAT SLOT T MACHINE BE UNSTOPPABLE......THEY JUST PLUG'EM IN AND KEEP ROLL'N....................HILL BY 8, MAYBE MORE IF'EN GIDDENS KEEPS SLANG'EN THE TATOR.....THAT AIN'T WHAT THEY DO:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :thinking:

:evil: :smoker: :tongue:

Daddy B 12
08-23-2009, 06:42 PM

I dont know what scrimmages youve been watching, but the defense is definately not better than last years. They are pretty stout and no doubt the strong point of the team, but i wouldnt go off sayin this team is better than any LH team Vance has coached here just yet. They are young and there is alot of spots to be replaced and alot of maturing to do before this team is the best it can be. I look to see this team come alive when district starts and really start to gel. During the pre-district they may struggle and possibly lose a few games but its not how you start, its how you finish.

zebrablue2
08-23-2009, 06:49 PM
the jury is still out on the giddings o-line. we will know in a couple of weeks..

Buckeye80
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Liberty Hill 30
Giddings 28

LH_Tuff
08-24-2009, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
I dont know what scrimmages youve been watching, but the defense is definately not better than last years. They are pretty stout and no doubt the strong point of the team, but i wouldnt go off sayin this team is better than any LH team Vance has coached here just yet. They are young and there is alot of spots to be replaced and alot of maturing to do before this team is the best it can be. I look to see this team come alive when district starts and really start to gel. During the pre-district they may struggle and possibly lose a few games but its not how you start, its how you finish.

Just my opinion Daddy. I have a feeling after watching them that they have the potential to be better than last years defense.

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Game week folks. I predict the Panthers will knock out what teeth those Giddings rednecks still have left in their mouth.:D

zebrablue2
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by LHexPlayer
Game week folks. I predict the Panthers will knock out what teeth those Giddings rednecks still have left in their mouth.:D

:stirpot::D

gtownfan
08-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Any LH fans willing to give up some tips to the visiting team? What time do ya'll open the gates at the stadium? How about parking? I understand the stands are rather small, how much seating is there on the visitor side? Should I bring the lawn chairs?

I think it's going to be a close, hard fought game. Both teams have a lot to find out about themselves. I think last year the Buffs found out they could play with good teams and even though we lost, it was a good start to the season.

Go Buffs!

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Any LH fans willing to give up some tips to the visiting team? What time do ya'll open the gates at the stadium? How about parking? I understand the stands are rather small, how much seating is there on the visitor side? Should I bring the lawn chairs?

I think it's going to be a close, hard fought game. Both teams have a lot to find out about themselves. I think last year the Buffs found out they could play with good teams and even though we lost, it was a good start to the season.

Go Buffs!

Gates open at 5:30 I think, I know they used to. There will be a line to get in at that time although most of those people will be Liberty Hill fans trying to get in to get a seat in our non-season ticket seats. There is only about 500-600 seats on the visitor side of the stadium. Our visitor side is probably half of what your visitor side is in Giddings. The visiting side usually starts to fill up in the 6:00 hour. If you get there early you will get a good seat. On the visitor side they sell burgers and such so if you need to eat at the game you should be covered. Have a safe trip.

Daddy B 12
08-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Just my opinion Daddy. I have a feeling after watching them that they have the potential to be better than last years defense.
I didnt mean to come off rude but yes i see where you are coming from. The defense is a little inexperienced right now and needs a little work, but all of those kids will work their tails off and they have the potential to end up just as good or better than last years.

charlesrixey
08-24-2009, 07:02 PM
5-5 with their schedule would still make LH a top 20 team, which most people think they are. They do have a mighty gauntlet to run through to start the season, but they will still be one of the 2 or 3 best teams in Region I at the end.

1st and goal
08-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Yah, the only bad thing is that for 2 great teams starting the season against each other, 1 of 'em has gotta lose. And since we took it on the chin last year (and 3 years ago) its our turn to repay you folks' lack of football generosity. So, if you add up all the teeth us rednexx have, it could maybe add up to plum near 30-40 or so. Which happens to be about how many points its going to take to win. 1 tooth per point ain't a bad ratio.
:thinking:

I gotta go flip my Robert Earl Keen album over...

Somebody save me a seat or else I'm sitting by LHPM. :D

CHS_89
08-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Gotta go with the Hill by 14. Good luck both teams!

orange machine
08-24-2009, 11:16 PM
I say Giddings wins this game. I think that LH will lose 2 or 3 games in non district this year. LH will be good, but not what they have been the last few season.

hookandladder
08-25-2009, 07:58 AM
I will have to go with Giddings- 27-14.

LHexPlayer
08-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Giddings couldn't bust their way out of a wet paper sack. The LH defense keeps them in check and Liberty Hill rolls once again.:clap:

Rocket
08-25-2009, 08:13 AM
Giddings couldn't bust their way out of a wet paper sack. The LH defense keeps them in check and Liberty Hill rolls once again.:clap:

Defense? Did you guys get some move-ins?

garciap77
08-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

You are asking for it Rocket!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ist2_1863863-black-eye-1.jpg

;)

LH_Tuff
08-25-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Rocket

You betcha. And they are at 7' to start the season and growing. ;)

pirate4state
08-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I'll be rooting for LHHS! :cheerl:

Sweetwater Red
08-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Hahaha

I just remembered that.

Who ya rootin' for ?!?!

L H H S!!! :D

pirate4state
08-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Hahaha

I just remembered that.

Who ya rootin' for ?!?!

L H H S!!! :D

Yes, it is very catchy. They have some very vocal fans. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes, it is very catchy. They have some very vocal fans. :thumbsup:

That brought back memories of the "Elf Yourself!!!

garciap77
08-25-2009, 12:08 PM
LH 21 Giddings 14.

Go LH!

Weapon of Mass Destruction!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/LibertyHillCowbell3.jpg

CHS_Grad '85
08-25-2009, 12:18 PM

http://www.themommyplaybook.com/forum/images/smilies/happy-ditto.gif

LHexPlayer
08-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I gotta have more cowbell!

BaTmAn24
08-25-2009, 02:08 PM
Giddings in a close one. In my opinion the Buffs have too much offense for the Panthers.

Phantom Stang
08-25-2009, 03:00 PM
GO BUFFS!!!! :clap: :D

Haltom Buffalos that is.;)

Daddy B 12
08-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Talked to some guys on the team and they said theyve been having a really good week of practice so im thinkin my panthers can get the W in this one. Go Panthers.

LH Panther Mom
08-25-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Daddy B 12
Talked to some guys on the team and they said theyve been having a really good week of practice so im thinkin my panthers can get the W in this one. Go Panthers.
:p They've been having good practices for awhile now. ;)

Daddy B 12
08-25-2009, 10:28 PM
thats good to hear!

DevotedPanther
08-26-2009, 10:08 AM
I can't WAIT for Friday night! I know preseason will be a struggle for my Panthers but I still think they will pull off a win against Giddings! I saw Fox news setting up at the practice field this morning.

LHexPlayer
08-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DevotedPanther
I can't WAIT for Friday night! I know preseason will be a struggle for my Panthers but I still think they will pull off a win against Giddings! I saw Fox news setting up at the practice field this morning.

Me neither! I know Coach Vance will have these boys ready to play. The crowd really needs to be loud in this game and get these boys pumped up. We really to make this a huge atmosphere.

LH_Tuff
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Were are all the Giddings fans?

buff4ever
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM

Were all the giddings fans what?

JK :D :D

Buffs goint to win!

Daddy D 11
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Any word yet on if the LH move in at FB will get to play friday?

LH Panther Mom
08-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Any word yet on if the LH move in at FB will get to play friday?
I haven't heard anything, but then my "source" isn't as reliable these days. :D :doh:

BobcatBenny
08-26-2009, 07:45 PM
I really do not know enough about Giddings ... but they had a good run last year ...

... however ... I like the LH system and the overall Panther swagger.

If the new set of Panthers are as committed as the last three sets ... I would be surprised if they did not get this W ... even if they have a little experience to catchup on.

ronwx5x
08-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I really do not know enough about Giddings ... but they had a good run last year ...

... however ... I like the LH system and the overall Panther swagger.

If the new set of Panthers are as committed as the last three sets ... I would be surprised if they did not get this W ... even if they have a little experience to catchup on.

And they are playing in LH! Can home field advantage be the tipiing point?

1st and goal
08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
We owe you guys a favor, so I'm voting that we come over there and kick your teeth in so Y'all will look just like us...:eek: :D

1st and goal
08-27-2009, 07:54 PM
I can't believe that this game is tommorow and there ain't any decent smack talk goin on. Are both teams' fans worried about something?

I'm going to say that sloppy play and turnovers will determine the winner. Whichever team makes the most mistakes will lose.

LHexPlayer
08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
I can't believe that this game is tommorow and there ain't any decent smack talk goin on. Are both teams' fans worried about something?

I going to say that sloppy play and turnovers will determine the winner. Whichever team makes the most mistakes will lose.

It seems both teams have lost some followers on the Downlow this season. Oh well should be a good game tomorrow. Drive careful if you are coming 1st and goal. Oh and get here early because seating can be tough to come by.

Darren
08-27-2009, 08:30 PM

Of course you are..........

1st and goal
08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks LHex,
I have to drive from College Station thru Giddings so I don't know what time I'll get there. Hope Austin traffic keeps moving.

buff4life
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Giddings by 14

Too much speed and LH ain't running that oopie doop offense against air now :D

lulu
08-27-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks LHex,
I have to drive from College Station thru Giddings so I don't know what time I'll get there. Hope Austin traffic keeps moving. :evilgrin: Good luck with that. I hate Austin traffic

Daddy D 11
08-27-2009, 10:21 PM
You don't have to go through Austin traffic if you go through Taylor and then to Georgetown.

KONGZILLA
08-28-2009, 05:53 AM

Look directly across from where you are sitting at about 7:00 tonight. You will see more than you want.

Bringing charter fan busses and stocked up with the XXL size cans of whoop ass

LHexPlayer
08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA
Look directly across from where you are sitting at about 7:00 tonight. You will see more than you want.

Hope all your fans on those busses like to lean on a fence. Oh and you guys might want to bring more than just some cans of whoop ass. Our boys are ready for ya.

LH_Tuff
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by KONGZILLA

Why don't you make it a useful trip and bring us some cans of peanuts. Watching those purple shirts flying all over the field makes us hungry. :p

firstcat
08-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Let's go Panthers!!!!!!
Can't believe it's already football season again!

LHexPlayer
08-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by firstcat
Let's go Panthers!!!!!!
Can't believe it's already football season again!

Bout time!

firstcat
08-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Bout time!

See you there tonight!:cheerl: :cheerl:

pirate4state
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Darren
Of course you are..........

Hey Darren! :wave: Hope all is well. You should have let me & G2 take those screw drivers and maybe I'd root for Giddings. LOL

Good Luck this season!

Super_R
08-28-2009, 02:09 PM
This will be my 1st taste of Panther football this year. I'm looking for the Panthers to do what they do. Run the ball and swarm on defense. Like I said earlier I haven't seen any of the preseason stuff, so I don't have anything to base a prediction.

One thing I am sure of is that Vance and company will have their game plan ready to go...and it will be solid.

Come on!

87 TIGER
08-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Giddings 35
L H 21
good luck to both and stay healthy

Daddy D 11
08-28-2009, 04:02 PM
KONGZILLA must be a player from the '06 Giddings team that repeatedly blared "king kong" in warm ups.

It's cute though, I get it.

LH Panther Mom
08-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Super_R
This will be my 1st taste of Panther football this year. I'm looking for the Panthers to do what they do. Run the ball and swarm on defense. Like I said earlier I haven't seen any of the preseason stuff, so I don't have anything to base a prediction.

One thing I am sure of is that Vance and company will have their game plan ready to go...and it will be solid.

Come on!
It's about time! :D

Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Giddings 21
L H 35
good luck to both and stay healthy

There, I fixed it for you! :devil:

buff4life
08-28-2009, 06:31 PM
just rolled by Liberty Hill city limits...population 1405 rrrrriiiiigggghhhhhtttt....

so anyway lets see what LH looks like...and see how sad the town at about 10 oclock tonight :D

EAGLETOWN
08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Go Buffs!!! Anyone know if the game is online?