PDA

View Full Version : Shipley

wildstangs
08-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Read on another board Jaxon was injured in the scrimmage? Any Brownwood fans know how serious it is?

Sorry if this has been discussed in one of the other Brownwood threads.

Sweetwater Red
08-22-2009, 02:18 AM
If they did do you think they would tell us? :thinking:

garciap77
08-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Read on another board Jaxon was injured in the scrimmage? Any Brownwood fans know how serious it is?

Who's Shipley?

:D

Pancake_Block
08-22-2009, 08:42 AM
He is that receiver for UT;) ;) :clap:

garciap77
08-22-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Pancake_Block
He is that receiver for UT;) ;) :clap:
:clap:
What? He is not one of the juniors that is going straight to the NFL?:D
:clap:

;)

Pancake_Block
08-22-2009, 08:49 AM
I think he is on the 8 yr plan at UT:thinking:

Rabid Cougar
08-22-2009, 08:55 AM
A donut?

skyking
08-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Why would anyone poke fun of two great kids.

LH_Tuff
08-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by skyking

Lighten up Francis. :doh:

Trashman
08-22-2009, 09:29 AM

You must be new to the 3ADL. :D

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Why would anyone poke fun of two great kids. It's not the kids that they are making fun of... It's the posters from Brownwood who have anointed this team State Champions.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

garciap77
08-22-2009, 09:50 AM

Hey! You are right! I apologize! I got out of hand there. I was just trying to give Rocket a hard time. The kids should be off limits for sure when “us posters” are talking trash. Thanks, Skyking from bring it to my attention!:) Good post!:)

TinyTim
08-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs

Yes, I know 1st. hand the particulars of this situation. However, confidentiallity laws do not permit me to talk.

I have watched him and he is hands down the best receiver in this part of the country.

Don't count on him to be on the field any time soon though.

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Yes, I know 1st. hand the particulars of this situation. However, confidentiallity laws do not permit me to talk.

I have watched him and he is hands down the best receiver in this part of the country.

Don't count on him to be on the field any time soon though. That sucks, hope the kid is alright in the long run. My prayers go out to him and his family. Thank you Tiny Tim for answering a simple question.

Trashman
08-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim

Don't count on him to be on the field any time soon though.

Hey dude, thanks for giving Burnet an advantage in next weeks game.:doh:

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Trashman
Hey dude, thanks for giving Burnet an advantage in next weeks game.:doh: 3-7

Rocket
08-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
It's not the kids that they are making fun of... It's the posters from Brownwood who have anointed this team State Champions.

:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

You still don't get it, do ya? All in fun. How many times do I have to say it? Either way, we anoint every Brownwood team state champions in the preseason. It's what we do. LOL

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Rocket
You still don't get it, do ya? All in fun. How many times do I have to say it? Either way, we anoint every Brownwood team state champions in the preseason. It's what we do. LOL LOL, I get it. Everyone does it. Good news is if you do it long enough 1 day you may actually be right.

Thats a good one coach :thumbsup:

Rocket
08-22-2009, 11:34 AM
LOL, I get it. Everyone does it. Good news is if you do it long enough 1 day you may actually be right.

Thats a good one coach :thumbsup:

That is what we are hoping! The power of positive thinking..or something like that. LOL

garciap77
08-22-2009, 12:05 PM
LOL, I get it. Everyone does it. Good news is if you do it long enough 1 day you may actually be right.

Thats a good one coach :thumbsup: Rocket is a COACH?

Every day I learn something new on the 3ADL!:D

;)

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Rocket is a COACH?

;) NO, He was the inspiration for the movie Radio. U know the guy with the shopping cart :doh: Thats a good one coach:doh:

Sorry :evilgrin: Rocket, couldn't resist.

BEAST
08-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Rocket is a COACH?

;)

Rocket was a coach here several years ago. His dad still is.

BEAST

Rocket
08-22-2009, 01:42 PM
NO, He was the inspiration for the movie Radio. U know the guy with the shopping cart :doh: Thats a good one coach:doh:

Sorry :evilgrin: Rocket, couldn't resist.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/revolution_studios/radio/_group_photos/cuba_gooding_jr_7.jpg
That's a good one coach!

garciap77
08-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Rocket was a coach here several years ago. His dad still is.

BEAST

I get it now! No wonder he has so much inside!:)

Thanks BEAST!

Matthew328
08-22-2009, 11:42 PM
tough break.....8 weeks is what I've seen that would be week six?

LE Dad
08-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
tough break.....8 weeks is what I've seen that would be week six? What type of injury is this? Can he stay in shape while rehabing or is he going to have to play into shape.

Z-RO
08-23-2009, 02:56 AM
What type of injury is this? Can he stay in shape while rehabing or is he going to have to play into shape.

However long it takes to heal a broken collar bone

Ranger Mom
08-23-2009, 08:31 AM
That stinks!!!

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
However long it takes to heal a broken collar bone Ouch, I think 8 weeks is very optimistic. Time will tell. Wish him the best.

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 11:08 AM
:thinking: :thinking: It was said in the chat last night that this was all just a rumor!!!

HMMMMM!!!!!!!!!:thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:thinking: :thinking: It was said in the chat last night that this was all just a rumor!!!

It's not a rumor RM. I hate it for Shipley and wish him the very best! It just stinks that his older brother has had to deal with all his injuries and now for him to have an injury like this his Senior year is a real bummer!! He has to hurry up and get that thing healed so that he can get to Texas and do what he does best...he has some work to do for the 'Horns!! :D

Ex-Tiger2005
08-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Z-RO
However long it takes to heal a broken collar bone

that is a lingering injury my cuz broke his and missed the last of football then came back in basketball and rebroke on a hard foul so i cant imagine contact in football. he did come back real early tho.

espn1
08-24-2009, 11:26 AM
That's bad news! I hope it heals soon. I 'm looking forward to watching him!

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
It's not a rumor RM.

Yeah...I didn't think it was!!

I considered "the source!":p

BEAST
08-24-2009, 11:27 AM
It's not a rumor RM. I hate it for Shipley and wish him the very best! It just stinks that his older brother has had to deal with all his injuries and now for him to have an injury like this his Senior year is a real bummer!! He has to hurry up and get that thing healed so that he can get to Texas and do what he does best...he has some work to do for the 'Horns!! :D

Jaxon is just a Junior, not a Senior.

BEAST

Ex-Tiger2005
08-24-2009, 11:29 AM
Jaxon is just a Junior, not a Senior.

BEAST

Thats what i thought when i read that i got really confused!

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
Thats what i thought when i read that i got really confused!
My bad....

pirate4state
08-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by espn1
That's bad news! I hope it heals soon. I 'm looking forward to watching him! +1 - I enjoyed watching just his highlights when he was with Coppell. If he is as good or better than his brother, he will be fun to watch!

Get well soon kiddo!

BEAST
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
+1 - I enjoyed watching just his highlights when he was with Coppell. If he is as good or better than his brother, he will be fun to watch!

Get well soon kiddo!

Jaxon is an amazing talent. This summer I had the pleasure of working around some of the 7 on 7 games. Jordan told me that Jaxon is better at that age than he was. Lets see if he progresses. On a side note, Jaxons return to the field wont be quite as far off as many of you think.;)

BEAST

Electus Unus
08-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Jaxon is an amazing talent. This summer I had the pleasure of working around some of the 7 on 7 games. Jordan told me that Jaxon is better at that age than he was. Lets see if he progresses. On a side note, Jaxons return to the field wont be quite as far off as many of you think.;)

BEAST I think he'll be back by district

BEAST
08-24-2009, 11:59 AM
How quickly he returns might just surprise everyone. Except me that is.

BEAST

Electus Unus
08-24-2009, 12:01 PM

BEAST are you tim tebow?

BEAST
08-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
are you tim tebow?

No but he might be:D . I just know more about the situation than I can say. Anyway, we shall see.

BEAST

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 12:08 PM
No but he might be:D . I just know more about the situation than I can say. Anyway, we shall see.Just tell Rocket. He never knows more than he can say. Lol

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 12:26 PM

BEAST
BEAST, you are the MAN!! Where would we be without all your knowledge and wisdom? We are so lucky to have you around!! Thank you for sharing just little tidbits of information with us!!!:D

Rocket
08-24-2009, 12:28 PM
BEAST, you are the MAN!! Where would we be without all your knowledge and wisdom? We are so lucky to have you around!! Thank you for sharing just little tidbits of information with us!!!:D

RWB has a new crush...:thinking: This upsets me. It is hard to compete with a Mythological Creature fashioned from the hands of Zeus Himself.. ah well.

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 12:32 PM
RWB has a new crush...:thinking: This upsets me.
I'm sure your just heartbroken....:rolleyes:

Rocket
08-24-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm sure your just heartbroken....:rolleyes:

I am upset, not heartbroken. Upset like you after you realized Jaxon is only a Junior? lol

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I am upset, not heartbroken. Upset like you after you realized Jaxon is only a Junior? lol
I knew he was a Junior.... I just mispoke when I was typing (does that even make sense?). Besides, why am I upset that that he is a Junior? Because it will take him another year to get to Texas?:confused:

Looking4number8
08-24-2009, 12:46 PM

I hope your right but If it is a rumor, I would think Coach Shipley would have saved the BS games for teams that count, not Burnet.. I know he has history there but district games and playoffs are much more important!

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Well thank you. You finally realized. Rocket told me you were slow, but better late than never.:p

BEAST

pirate4state
08-24-2009, 01:03 PM

BEAST

Well aren't you just THE man! :p

The phrase "It's a need to know basis and you don't need to know" comes to mind! :D

I love being "in the know" :nerd:

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well aren't you just THE man! :p

The phrase "It's a need to know basis and you don't need to know" comes to mind! :D

I love being "in the know" :nerd:

Know what?:D

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 01:10 PM
Well thank you. You finally realized. Rocket told me you were slow, but better late than never.:p

BEAST
That's funny.... because he had told me that you were so slow that you had stopped. :eek: But, then again- what does Rocket know, huh?:rolleyes:

BEAST
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey RWB, how did you get the label of a psycho? All these guys are scared of ya. What gives?

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Hey RWB, how did you get the label of a psycho? All these guys are scared of ya. What gives?

BEAST
Me, really? That's funny.... I'm just a sweet, innocent girl who likes to get on here and post stupid stuff ever once-in-a-while. I have no earthly idea why they would be scared of me. I think you have me mixed up with that crazy lady, ccmom, or something like that.....:rolleyes: ;) :inlove:

Ex-Tiger2005
08-24-2009, 01:47 PM

BEAST

Like i said that thing lingers, i hope he doesn't come back too soon from it that could be bad for him. i hope he gets well tho too i'd really like to see his talents!

ccmom
08-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Me, really? That's funny.... I'm just a sweet, innocent girl who likes to get on here and post stupid stuff ever once-in-a-while. I have no earthly idea why they would be scared of me. I think you have me mixed up with that crazy lady, ccmom, or something like that.....:rolleyes: ;) :inlove:

People confuse me with other "sweet, innocent girls" all the time!!! :D

Best wishes to Shipley for a speedy recovery.:)

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I hope your right but If it is a rumor, I would think Coach Shipley would have saved the BS games for teams that count, not Burnet.. I know he has history there but district games and playoffs are much more important!

You can google "Jaxon Shipley collarbone" and not even have to click on a link to know it's no rumor!!

Rocket
08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
You can google "Jaxon Shipley collarbone" and not even have to click on a link to know it's no rumor!!

Everybody cares about Brownwood and our athletes. We are used to it.

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Everybody cares about Brownwood and our athletes. We are used to it.

Okay!

After you told me it was just a rumor, and after I didn't believe you, I researched it myself!

But....you can read it into whatever you want!;)

BEAST
08-24-2009, 02:49 PM

WOW!! I cant believe some of those blogs. Mostly inaccurate but whatever. He will be on a field near you soon.

BEAST

Rocket
08-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Okay!

After you told me it was just a rumor, and after I didn't believe you, I researched it myself!

But....you can read it into whatever you want!;)

It is a rumor. Isn't it?

BEAST
08-24-2009, 03:45 PM
It is a rumor. Isn't it?

Im pretty sure it is. Atleast thats what I was told.

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 03:48 PM
WOW!!! You went from being 'IN THE KNOW' to not being so sure. Maybe your not all you portrayed yourself to be?!?! Oh well.... you do claim "The Wood" and all- must be just the way you folks are.:confused: :rolleyes: :thinking: :doh:

nobogey72
08-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I sincerely hate for any kid to get hurt no matter how long he is out. Even if it is for 1 game that's too much.

But, at least Brownwood didn't lose him due to him transferring to Early (which is how they normally lose their good players).:D With an injury at least they know they will get him back at some point.

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I sincerely hate for any kid to get hurt no matter how long he is out. Even if it is for 1 game that's too much.

But, at least Brownwood didn't lose him due to him transferring to Early (which is how they normally lose their good players).:D With an injury at least they know they will get him back at some point. :1omg!: :fnypost: :1omg!:

:spitlol:

BEAST
08-24-2009, 04:33 PM
WOW!!! You went from being 'IN THE KNOW' to not being so sure. Maybe your not all you portrayed yourself to be?!?! Oh well.... you do claim "The Wood" and all- must be just the way you folks are.:confused: :rolleyes: :thinking: :doh:

Where did I change my stance? I said those blogs are mostly inaccurate. They are!! Then I followed that by saying he will be on a field near you soon. So anyway, nice try.

BEAST

RedWhiteBlue
08-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Im pretty sure it is. Atleast thats what I was told.

BEAST
You even got yourself confused....NICE TRY talking your way out of it, though.....:D

BEAST
08-24-2009, 04:51 PM
You even got yourself confused....NICE TRY talking your way out of it, though.....:D

I knew that was the post you were referring to. I was simply having fun with my ol' buddy Rocket. Not every post is directed to you.;)

BEAST

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Where did I change my stance? I said those blogs are mostly inaccurate. They are!! Then I followed that by saying he will be on a field near you soon. So anyway, nice try.

BEAST

As I said, I didn't click on any links....several just said that he broke his collarbone.

Did he or didn't he??

I don't know why that is such a hard question to answer and why it's such a "big deal" to try and pull the wool over our eyes.

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 05:10 PM
As I said, I didn't click on any links....several just said that he broke his collarbone.

Did he or didn't he??

I don't know why that is such a hard question to answer and why it's such a "big deal" to try and pull the wool over our eyes. The only way this kid is on the field this year is if it is a fracture or a shoulder separation. It is either that or Bwd posters just trying to keep us guessing. Either way be glad when kid comes back. Bummer to go out before first game. :(

DaHop72
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM

BEAST Heck Beast, there is nothing psycho about RWB. She is probably one of the nicest ladies you would ever want to meet. That is if she likes you, otherwise................................:thinking : :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Heck Beast, there is nothing psycho about RWB. She is probably one of the nicest ladies you would ever want to meet. That is if she likes you, otherwise................................:thinking : :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

:iagree:

RedWhiteBlue
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
:iagree:
Thanks Hop and garcia.:inlove: :kiss: - that is probably exactly what the issue is here. :confused: :thinking:
Not exactly sure who BEAST has been talking to....:rolleyes:

garciap77
08-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks Hop and garcia.:inlove: :kiss: - that is probably exactly what the issue is here. :confused: :thinking:

He needs to be talking to this guy! He was messing with you last year until this happened!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Addict.jpg

:D

;)

BwdLions
08-25-2009, 08:15 AM

Yeah, thanks you two suck-ups. We know who wears the pants in your families. :D

LE Dad
08-25-2009, 08:20 AM
He needs to be talking to this guy! He was messing with you last year until this happened!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Addict.jpg

:D OUCH !

;) :o

Rocket
08-25-2009, 08:21 AM

This coming from the person that claims to know the McCoys and Shipleys so well and doesn't even KNOW Shipley is only a Junior. Hm...:thinking:

garciap77
08-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Yeah, thanks you two suck-ups. We know who wears the pants in your families. :D

lol

RedWhiteBlue
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
This coming from the person that claims to know the McCoys and Shipleys so well and doesn't even KNOW Shipley is only a Junior. Hm...:thinking:
I do not recall ever making the statement that I knew the Shipleys very well.... I simply wished the young man a speedy recovery and wished him the very best....:D

RedWhiteBlue
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Besides.... I also said earlier- in a post to your buddy, BEAST (to whom the quote you used was directed to in the first place) that I mispoke in saying he was a Senior. I did know the kid was Junior. I made a mistake- we all can't be perfect, unlike you, Rocket.... who never makes a typing error.:doh:

Rocket
08-25-2009, 09:30 AM
I do not recall ever making the statement that I knew the Shipleys very well.... I simply wished the young man a speedy recovery and wished him the very best....:D

Ohhh my fault. I know you are a big fan of Graham football and probably heard alot of news on the Shipleys and McCoys. Oh and a big Texas fan, too. My bad.

DaHop72
08-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Yeah, thanks you two suck-ups. We know who wears the pants in your families. :D Actually two people who know class versus classless of which you must be the latter.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RedWhiteBlue
08-25-2009, 02:33 PM
And Hop you are definitely CLASSY!!! And COOL!!!:cool: :kiss:

DaHop72
08-25-2009, 03:54 PM
And Hop you are definitely CLASSY!!! And COOL!!!:cool: :kiss: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :inlove: :inlove:

BwdLions
08-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Actually two people who know class versus classless of which you must be the latter.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's funny coming from you Dahop. :rolleyes:

DaHop72
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
That's funny coming from you Dahop. :rolleyes: Gee thanks, it was just the best a "suck-up" could come up with.:hand: :hand:

DaHop72
08-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Man RWB, defend you and see what I get myself into. :D :D :D :D

Ranger Mom
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Gee thanks, it was just the best a "suck-up" could come up with.:hand: :hand:

Are you acting up again??

Am I gonna have to send you your very first warning on the downlow??

:kiss:

DaHop72
08-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Are you acting up again??

Am I gonna have to send you your very first warning on the downlow??

:kiss: Man, I was going to apologize for being classless, now it's changed to a warning. I guess I better fly right for a while. ;) ;)

RedWhiteBlue
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Dang, Hop- what have you gone and done? I do appreciate you taking up for me!! I need all the help I can get! It gets kinda scary dodging all these bullets- heck, hand grinades and bombs is what they are!!! ;) I will need to wear my bullet proof vest and take a taser with me to the Meet & Greets this year just for protection....LOL