PDA

View Full Version : Burnet - Giddings Scrimmage

LHdog
08-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought both teams had their moments. The "live quarter" ended in a 1-1 TD tie. The Giddings transfer QB looked very capable as did the RB Rimes and other skill position players. The Buffs are very athletic and they could make another deep playoff run this year. Burnet was scrappy but appeared to lack depth although the Bulldogs looked much improved over last year. Their QB throws a good pass and they have some quick receivers. Good luck to both teams next week.

KONGZILLA
08-22-2009, 04:11 AM
Eric Rimes (Off. dist. MVP, and 1700 yard rusher) and Corey Brite(Texas Relays 100 meter champion) were in street clothes at Burnet scrimmage

LHdog
08-22-2009, 06:58 AM
Who was the RB the wore #9 at the scrimmage? He looked pretty good to me and I assumed he was Rimes.

fanofthegame
08-22-2009, 08:57 AM
sat behind some scouts that were there watching giddings. they were writing all sort of things down about rimes until one of the coaches got a call and they were told that rimes wasn't even in uniform. they got upset. they thought that the giddings coach did that on purpose. they kept going on and on about unfair not playing someone because of scouts. people this is a game that sometimes plays with your oponents mind. maybe rimes was hurt or maybe he wasn't. he wasn't the only one that was in street clothes. i thought that giddings showed signs of greatness and showed some weakness. marble falls and brownwood were there to watch burnet and they were excited to play burnet after watching them last night. next wk it starts so i will be putting on miles and miles watching your sons, brothers, nephews and friends play. let's just remember, they are just kids and not professionals so don't be hard on them. fan of the game........out

1st and goal
08-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Maybe the coach is resting them? They've been playing since freshman year (I believe) and I'm guessing they know the plays.

Makes me wonder if he keeps 'em out until district play???;)

BOCEPHUS
08-22-2009, 05:50 PM
RIMES AND BRITE AN COUPLE OF OTHERNS TOOK WEEK OFF TO HEEL UP SOME BOBO'S........................NOBODYS DAM BUSINESS.
(INJURY PRIVACY RULE FER U IDIOTS THAT THINK U KNOWS EVERYTHING)

LIBERTY HILL SCOUTS COULD GIVE A SH!T IF THE KIDS PLAYED ER NOT IN MEANINGLESS SCRIMMAGE.........WHOEVER MADE THAT UP NEEDS TO GET A LIFE .

WILL BE HELLUVA GAME, AM GOING TO GET THE EARLY AND HAVE MY TAILGATE RIG GOING BY 5:30, FOOD BE READY BY 6:15.....Y'ALL COME ON BY.................

U NEED'N TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST CHECK WITH OLE BO....GOT A NEW CELL # LAST WEEK, ...BR549, GIVE ME A CALL

fanofthegame
08-22-2009, 06:35 PM
hey there bo,,,,i hope that ewe didn't mean that statement towards me, cause i never said liberty hill. i just said that some scouts. hell, maybe they were just old men like me that like high school football and follow liberty hill looking at giddings. believe me, after being a ref, and i know it was only div. II ball, but never-the-less, i do know a thing or two about the ol ball game. OUT

87 TIGER
08-23-2009, 03:19 AM
still not taking any pm's fanOthe game?