PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia @ Sinton scrimmage

pirate4state
08-21-2009, 02:01 PM
#1 - It was hot. :D

#2 - Both first team offenses sputtered in the first set of plays.

#3 - Both first team defenses looked good, but I'll be a homer and say ours looked better! :D

#4 - It was hot. :D

#5 - Sinton scored 2 TDs to La Vernia's 0 in the controlled scrimmage.

#6 - In the live qtr, both offenses gained first downs, but could not really get any momentum going because of the "don't hit the QB" whistle. Both offenses rely on their QBs to make plays when the pass is not there and neither of them could. The minute they'd try to run the whistle would blow.

#7 - It was hot. :D

#8 - Ton of dropped passes on both sides of the ball today. :(

#9 - I didn't stay for the full live qtr so I don't know if La Vernia ever scored on us or if our 2nd team scored on them and vice versa.

#10 - Both Josh & Carson look good at QB and our skill kids (when they make the catch ;) ) continue to impress me. :cheerl:

Overall, I really liked what I saw from our team in both their scrimmages. Our O-line is 4 new guys & 1 returner and thus far have done a good job pass protecting. They will get better & must get better in other aspects of their game. We have a GREAT O-line coach! :inlove:

I am very pleased with where our defense is at this point. Can't wait 'til it counts this Friday night!

GO PIRATES!!!

Did I mention it was hot? :D

Oh and I'm happy to report that our crowd was not as big as it was at the Ray scrimmage, but for a Friday morning we had a good crowd. This bodes well for Friday night games. :)

pirate4state
08-21-2009, 02:27 PM
We did score in the live qtr.

Won controlled 2-0; won live qtr 1-0

44INAROW
08-21-2009, 02:33 PM
Rita - was it hot? :D

SintonFan_inAustin
08-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
We did score in the live qtr.

Won controlled 2-0; won live qtr 1-0 was at Flour Bluff so didnt get a chance to go by and see the scrimmage. Good thing i like about the first scrimmage was only 1 flag by both sides, did the offense avoid the false starts?

pirate4state
08-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
was at Flour Bluff so didnt get a chance to go by and see the scrimmage. Good thing i like about the first scrimmage was only 1 flag by both sides, did the offense avoid the false starts? No, we had a few. :mad:

sinton66
08-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Is it mostly the new linemen? If so, that should improve.

SintonFan
08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
#1 - It was hot.

#2 - Both first team offenses sputtered in the first set of plays.

#3 - Both first team defenses looked good, but I'll be a homer and say ours looked better! :D

#4 - It was hot. :D

#5 - Sinton scored 2 TDs to La Vernia's 0 in the controlled scrimmage.

#6 - In the live qtr, both offenses gained first downs, but could not really get any momentum going because of the "don't hit the QB" whistle. Both offenses rely on their QBs to make plays when the pass is not there and neither of them could. The minute they'd try to run the whistle would blow.

#7 - It was hot. :D

#8 - Ton of dropped passes on both sides of the ball today. :(

#9 - I didn't stay for the full live qtr so I don't know if La Vernia ever scored on us or if our 2nd team scored on them and vice versa.

#10 - Both Josh & Carson look good at QB and our skill kids (when they make the catch ;) ) continue to impress me. :cheerl:

Overall, I really liked what I saw from our team in both their scrimmages. Our O-line is 4 new guys & 1 returner and thus far have done a good job pass protecting. They will get better & must get better in other aspects of their game. We have a GREAT O-line coach! :inlove:

I am very pleased with where our defense is at this point. Can't wait 'til it counts this Friday night!

GO PIRATES!!!

Did I mention it was hot? :D

Oh and I'm happy to report that our crowd was not as big as it was at the Ray scrimmage, but for a Friday morning we had a good crowd. This bodes well for Friday night games.
Thank you p4s for your report.:):cool:

pirate4state
08-21-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Is it mostly the new linemen? If so, that should improve.

Yes and some of the new WRs.

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Rita - was it hot? :D

You know, I was wondering the same thing...imagine that.

Those "not so subliminal" messages confuse me.:D

sinton legacy77
08-22-2009, 09:02 AM
sounds like we beasted em!

looks like its gonna be another good year for the defending district 31-3A champs!:)

BrahmaMom
08-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Best of luck this year to our Sinton friends. Word to the wise: Never underestimate the Pirates!!

sinton66
08-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Thanks, BrahmaMom. Good luck to the Brahmas too. Hope we see you folks in the same round this year.;)