PDA

View Full Version : 3ADL Hunting Thread 2009-2010

slpybear the bullfan
08-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Okay, here it is again for this year... please post any great game camera pics from before or during the season.

Also, feel free to comment about the situation in your county... populations, fawn production, forage conditions, timing of rut, etc.

After the season opens, please post any good scores/pics.

Good luck to all the Hunters out there!

slpybear

The 2008 thread is located here...

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89816

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-23-2009, 01:21 PM
Can we make this a 2009-2010 hunting season thread? Deer season seems so far off, but I'll be dove hunting, duck hunting, deer hunting, and I want to go on my first turkey hunt this year. I think we should just keep everyone updated on all of the great hunts this year.

slpybear the bullfan
08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Can we make this a 2009-2010 hunting season thread? Deer season seems so far off, but I'll be dove hunting, duck hunting, deer hunting, and I want to go on my first turkey hunt this year. I think we should just keep everyone updated on all of the great hunts this year.

I think you are right, ASU!

lostaussie
08-25-2009, 08:37 PM
woohoo.........i'm fixing to get to kill something!!!!!! how many pics yall want? deer,pigs,turkeys...........i'm gonna fill this thread full:D next weekend starts the reason that i work!!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm going stir crazy, 3 more days!

slpybear the bullfan
09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Good luck to everyone out there this morning! Shoot straight and I hope the birds are flying.

slpybear the bullfan
09-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Anyone else with pictures so far?

Keith7
09-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Yea cuz this thread was such a big hit last year, we need this to be stickied again... lol :doh:

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Well the Dove were flying outside of Abilene this morning and the game warden was out too.

Group of 5 guys I was the only one that didn't get a ticket for something. One guy didn't renew his license (DUH), one had a plug in his gun and it broke as the game warden put in some shells and managed to get three in the tube and another guy didn't have a plug at all (thought he did, didn't check) and then another one didn't have his hunters ed certificate.

So guys, check your guns before you go out, make sure you have a current license and hunters ed certificate.

Other than that great opening day.

slpybear the bullfan
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
Yea cuz this thread was such a big hit last year, we need this to be stickied again... lol :doh:

Your welcome, Keith.

Reds fan
09-02-2009, 09:46 AM
All in all opening day for dove was good! Went out with a group of buddies and between the five of us we ended up with 60 birds. Most were whitewings, it is amazing how those birds have increased in population over the last 10 years or so!

slpybear the bullfan
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
All in all opening day for dove was good! Went out with a group of buddies and between the five of us we ended up with 60 birds. Most were whitewings, it is amazing how those birds have increased in population over the last 10 years or so!

Where did you hunt, Reds fan? Near Kenney?

Reds fan
09-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
Where did you hunt, Reds fan? Near Kenney?

No, I was outside of Brenham a couple of miles.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
Do we have any bowhunters on here? I just bought a bow and really want to get out during archery season. Does anyone have any advice or tips?

IHStangFan
09-10-2009, 06:19 AM
Do we have any bowhunters on here? I just bought a bow and really want to get out during archery season. Does anyone have any advice or tips? Got my first bow for Christmas last year....haven't gotten a chance to kill anything w/ it yet...but I'm gonna try when I get home!

lostaussie
09-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Do we have any bowhunters on here? I just bought a bow and really want to get out during archery season. Does anyone have any advice or tips? yes.........i hope you got a mathews:D I am the bow hunting king..........what you want to know??

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2009, 11:15 AM
I didn't get a Mathews because I didn't want to spend $700+ but I did go with one of the new PSE's that Ive heard really good things about.

Well I'm looking for the best sight I can get, arrows, and such.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
I didn't get a Mathews because I didn't want to spend $700+ but I did go with one of the new PSE's that Ive heard really good things about.

Well I'm looking for the best sight I can get, arrows, and such. yup...same here. On paper all stats looked similar...but the PSE was half the price....and for my first bow I didn't see a point in spending too much money. :)

lostaussie
09-11-2009, 01:03 PM

Well I'm looking for the best sight I can get, arrows, and such. i use a five pin tru-glo but there are lots of good sights on the market. as far as arrows in my opinion there is only one..........easton full metal jackets decked with bohning 2 inch fletchings. broadheads...... i shoot the 3 blade rage but some don't like the mechanical blades. i have no problem with them and they will cut a large hole.

IHStangFan
09-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i use a five pin tru-glo but there are lots of good sights on the market. as far as arrows in my opinion there is only one..........easton full metal jackets decked with bohning 2 inch fletchings. broadheads...... i shoot the 3 blade rage but some don't like the mechanical blades. i have no problem with them and they will cut a large hole. I'm running the Tru-Glo 5 pin as well. I like it.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2009, 05:15 PM
i use a five pin tru-glo but there are lots of good sights on the market. as far as arrows in my opinion there is only one..........easton full metal jackets decked with bohning 2 inch fletchings. broadheads...... i shoot the 3 blade rage but some don't like the mechanical blades. i have no problem with them and they will cut a large hole.

Good info, I'll have to check out the tru-glo, thanks.

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yup...same here. On paper all stats looked similar...but the PSE was half the price....and for my first bow I didn't see a point in spending too much money. :)

Exactly what I thought too.

slpybear the bullfan
09-13-2009, 11:05 PM
On the evening of labor day I finally started my program to eradicate swine flu... (or at least the potential that eats the corn out of my deer feeders!)

Sorry for the poor pic quality. Only had my cellphone to take the pic.

(And yeah, that .223 takes down a hog just fine!)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/3916722359_88350b9835.jpg

IHStangFan
09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
On the evening of labor day I finally started my program to eradicate swine flu... (or at least the potential that eats the corn out of my deer feeders!)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/3916722359_88350b9835.jpg :clap: Swine Flu Eradication Program....I LIKE it!! I'm going to do my part as soon as I get home!! Nice rig too....EOtech on top.....good stuff.

I've had the same argument w/ friends as well about a 5.56/.223 not being enough gun for a pig. Hell...I know a guy who hunts em w/ an AR conversion w/ 9mm upper and a suppressor.

A friend of mine also told me one year that my .22-250 would not kill a deer. (He shoots a 7mm....not to be confused w/ a 7mm Mag). So to demonstrate my theory on how "speed/velocity kills"....we set up some steel plates hanging from a low branch in a tree. He shoots and knocks the plate out of the tree. He shouts and gives a fist pump. My turn. I chamber one...fire......and he yells "YOU MISSED".....to which I said..."no I didn't" We walked down...and sure enough, it had gone clean through...but did so w/ such velocity, it didn't even make the plate move. With some of the lighter loads (45g) I've been able to shoot empty soda cans on fence posts w/out making them move. I LOVE FAST, FLAT SHOOTING ROUNDS!!! My deer rifle is a .25-06!! :)

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-15-2009, 09:19 PM
:clap: Swine Flu Eradication Program....I LIKE it!! I'm going to do my part as soon as I get home!! Nice rig too....EOtech on top.....good stuff.

I've had the same argument w/ friends as well about a 5.56/.223 not being enough gun for a pig. Hell...I know a guy who hunts em w/ an AR conversion w/ 9mm upper and a suppressor.

A friend of mine also told me one year that my .22-250 would not kill a deer. (He shoots a 7mm....not to be confused w/ a 7mm Mag). So to demonstrate my theory on how "speed/velocity kills"....we set up some steel plates hanging from a low branch in a tree. He shoots and knocks the plate out of the tree. He shouts and gives a fist pump. My turn. I chamber one...fire......and he yells "YOU MISSED".....to which I said..."no I didn't" We walked down...and sure enough, it had gone clean through...but did so w/ such velocity, it didn't even make the plate move. With some of the lighter loads (45g) I've been able to shoot empty soda cans on fence posts w/out making them move. I LOVE FAST, FLAT SHOOTING ROUNDS!!! My deer rifle is a .25-06!! :)

I agree, I've shot plenty of hogs with 5.56/.223, alot depends on the weight of the bullet and where you place your shot. I have some 37g RBCD blended metal rounds that will knock a hog straight to the ground. I've seen plenty of people take down deer with some very fast light rounds too, .204, .22-250, ect.

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2009, 10:40 PM
I always buy the cheap Remington UMC in either 55gr FMJ or 45gr HP when shooting my M4.

I do like the EOTech but am having to do some adjusting on my Nightime hunts. I don't have the extra cash to go Nightvision, but I am considering a 6V Varmit light attached to it... Big highpower red light. Or I could just use the BUIS and the Truck Headlights... ;)

slpybear the bullfan
09-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I agree, I've shot plenty of hogs with 5.56/.223, alot depends on the weight of the bullet and where you place your shot. I have some 37g RBCD blended metal rounds that will knock a hog straight to the ground. I've seen plenty of people take down deer with some very fast light rounds too, .204, .22-250, ect.

I am an old fashioned .30-06 man... M1, 1903, REM 700... (I like .30 cal... I shoot those already mentioned plus M1 Carbine, SKS, and Moision).

IHStangFan
09-16-2009, 06:11 AM
I am an old fashioned .30-06 man... M1, 1903, REM 700... (I like .30 cal... I shoot those already mentioned plus M1 Carbine, SKS, and Moision). Funny you should mention that......I recently added a Kahr/AO M1 Carbine to my collection......for the sole purpose of it being my brush/hog gun! LOL.

lange4
09-20-2009, 12:17 AM
I would not have believed it with the drought we are having but I checked the oak trees in southern San Saba county and a lot of them are covered in acorns. I know, stress a tree and they will deliver, but that has not always been the case.

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Acorns are really coming out now in Wise County... very interested to see what happens with all the rain we recently got..

lostaussie
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
one week from right now i will be packed and loaded to go.............scent lock suits, mathews bow, easton arrows, full tank of gas and about 5 cases of coors light!!!! probably won't see another game until the playoffs. deer and hogs will not be safe in hardeman county:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Archery seasons starts Satuday...

WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lostaussie
09-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Archery seasons starts Satuday...

WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dribbling down both legs:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Going down to Cuero this weekend, we'll see if I can hit anything with my bow. :cool:

lostaussie
10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Fixing to leave in 1 hour...............everybody between here and Quanah better be getting out of the way:D I will have some pics when I get back, even if they are off of the game cameras. Hopefully I have a truckload of horns!!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Everyone be safe and let us know what you are seeing.

Good Luck

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Well we didn't feel like sitting in the rain and boy did it rain in the hill country so we didn't get to go out this weekend :-(

IHStangFan
10-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Headed east this weekend to meet up w/ an old Army buddy for a hunt. Pulled out the ole bow and got her tuned up this afternoon. As stated earlier in this thread by another poster....I'm just doing my part to facilitate operation "Swine Flu Eradication 2009".

lostaussie
10-07-2009, 10:45 AM
2 does on the turf and 1 missed hog!!!! Pretty good start to the season.

Daddy D 11
10-07-2009, 02:15 PM
I seriously just now found this thread. Didn't even know this forum existed :doh:

This is the greatest thread ever...

If you aren't shooting a Bowtech you're a sissy:D

lostaussie
10-07-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11

:D If you aren't shooting a Mathews you might as well stay home!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-07-2009, 03:52 PM
I like my PSE just fine so blewwwwwwwww:crazy1: :crazy1:

Move The Chains
10-07-2009, 04:13 PM
I had a bowtech unitl I got big enough to pull a real man's bow. I upgraded to a high country then, and now I've got a Mathews.

PSE is a good one.

lostaussie
10-07-2009, 08:13 PM
they are all good.............but one thing i have learned about bowhunters................they like to give each other crap about everybody else's equipment:D

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2009, 01:15 PM
2 does on the turf and 1 missed hog!!!! Pretty good start to the season.

Congrats! What kind of shot did you have on the hog?

slpybear the bullfan
10-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I seriously just now found this thread. Didn't even know this forum existed :doh:

This is the greatest thread ever...

Welcome!

Please feel free to bring pics with ya... I hope to have some more posted this weekend off of the camera.

lostaussie
10-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Congrats! What kind of shot did you have on the hog? about a 100 lb. hog. had a broadside but he knew I was there and and basically squated on a 35 yd shot. I went right over the top of his back. the does on the other hand were a different story...........shot #1 at 22 yds. shot #2 at 8 yds:D. the arrow went farther on the other side of the deer than the deer ran!!!! them 3 blade rage broadheads are bada$$:thumbsup:

lostaussie
10-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Saturday morning and i have nothing to do but post on the downlow.................sure wish i was at my lease!!

Daddy D 11
10-14-2009, 12:51 AM
My family has been breading deer for a while now, trying to get all high tech and convert alot of pasture pics and CuddeBack pics onto my computer to post on here.

How do you put em on?

lostaussie
10-14-2009, 08:35 AM
I send them to my girlfriend.............FoFo:D

44INAROW
10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
from Lost Aussie

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussieturkeysoct09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/BradTerry2.jpg

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Picked me up a new "deer lease" vehicle tonight. I'll probably use it as a daily commuter too. Found a 1992 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 on Craigslist. Went and picked it up tonight for $1200. I was SHOCKED at how good the body was on it and the interior is immaculate....looks like a brand new vehicle inside!!!

:)

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Picked me up a new "deer lease" vehicle tonight. I'll probably use it as a daily commuter too. Found a 1992 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 on Craigslist. Went and picked it up tonight for $1200. I was SHOCKED at how good the body was on it and the interior is immaculate....looks like a brand new vehicle inside!!!

:) Use that sucker down at matagorda to go fishin!

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Move The Chains
Use that sucker down at matagorda to go fishin! Sadly enough......I'm ashame to admit I'm not much of a fisherman. Much more of a hunter.

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Which reminds me........is there any place around here that you know of that maybe a farmer/rancher would let me kill pigs on his property? :D Figured you might know.

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Which reminds me........is there any place around here that you know of that maybe a farmer/rancher would let me kill pigs on his property? :D Figured you might know. Well, we got 2 stands on my property. Got some pigs out there. Not sure if the old man is running the feeder. He shoots a recurve though.

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Sadly enough......I'm ashame to admit I'm not much of a fisherman. Much more of a hunter. That's lame.

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 10:46 PM
That's lame. Tell me about it....born and raised on the coast....and I'm not a fisherman. LOL. I DO fish from time to time, but not nearly as much as I hunt.

IHStangFan
10-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Well, we got 2 stands on my property. Got some pigs out there. Not sure if the old man is running the feeder. He shoots a recurve though. Good stuff......I'm just trying to find a place around here to hunt pigs so that I don't have to drive 2-4 hours to do so. With the population the way it is this year.....there's GOT to be some people out there WANTING guys to come kill them off their property.

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Good stuff......I'm just trying to find a place around here to hunt pigs so that I don't have to drive 2-4 hours to do so. With the population the way it is this year.....there's GOT to be some people out there WANTING guys to come kill them off their property. We love the pigs. The more the merrier. BUT, I hear there is a guy off of 1301 that wanted some people to come and kill as many pigs as possible. Never hooked up with that connection though. :(

Move The Chains
10-14-2009, 11:36 PM
Tell me about it....born and raised on the coast....and I'm not a fisherman. LOL. I DO fish from time to time, but not nearly as much as I hunt. Dude. I'm die hard.

Fishing is my passion. Born and raised near the coast, worked on the beach, spend all of my summers on the beach and it looks like I'm going to spend my working days there too. (Ocean Engineering Major)

I love me some Reds/ Specks/ Kings/ Flounder/ Etc.

Did I tell ya that I placed in back to back years in the STAR tournament. 3rd and 4th place I think. 40,000 entrants.

I wish they would rebuild my SLPFP though. :(

IHStangFan
10-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Dude. I'm die hard.

Fishing is my passion. Born and raised near the coast, worked on the beach, spend all of my summers on the beach and it looks like I'm going to spend my working days there too. (Ocean Engineering Major)

I love me some Reds/ Specks/ Kings/ Flounder/ Etc.

Did I tell ya that I placed in back to back years in the STAR tournament. 3rd and 4th place I think. 40,000 entrants.

I wish they would rebuild my SLPFP though. :( dang......sounds like you know what you're doing!! Future fishing guide maybe?

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 09:56 AM
dang......sounds like you know what you're doing!! Future fishing guide maybe? Shoot, I wish!, but I hear that doing that sorta thing for a living takes away the fun in actually fishing for you.

It's like a never ending fishing trip with a 5 year old. You have to sit and baby the guys who don't know how to fish.

I think, I'll just do my work, and fish on the side.

Fishing > Hunting :)

slpybear the bullfan
10-15-2009, 11:42 AM
Fishing > Hunting :)

Blasphemy!

:)

Move The Chains
10-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Blasphemy!

:) Correction: SALT water fishing > Hunting

Fresh water fishing < hunting

You inland guys have no idea what you're missing. ;)

lostaussie
10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
are yall gonna post any pics or are you just gonna talk about the one that got away:D I got a great pic of a doe I killed opening weekend but I didn't want to post it. The rage broadhead did a pretty gruesome job!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-15-2009, 02:49 PM
are yall gonna post any pics or are you just gonna talk about the one that got away:D I got a great pic of a doe I killed opening weekend but I didn't want to post it. The rage broadhead did a pretty gruesome job!!

JUST DO IT

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Okay, here are a few from my camera so far this year...

From back in the velvet...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2483/4016942156_1209a8f8d0.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 09:12 AM
A young Buck group from earlier in the year... I think the one in the middle is interesting...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/4016211027_de41f50cc4.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Young 8... nice height though.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2470/4016993760_6db19e7ea5.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Velvet is now gone from the 8pt earlier.

Wish he was closer when this was taken.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3509/4016268353_08ab5f7c3d.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Correction: SALT water fishing > Hunting

Fresh water fishing < hunting

You inland guys have no idea what you're missing. ;)

Actually I was thinking more like...

Freshwater Fishing < Saltwater Fishing < Bow Fishing < Hunting < Drinking Beer with Hot Women.

Or something like that... ;)

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 11:46 AM
Which reminds me........is there any place around here that you know of that maybe a farmer/rancher would let me kill pigs on his property? :D Figured you might know.
I know where some are in DeWitt County.. I need to upload those pics :)

44INAROW
10-16-2009, 11:47 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussieoct9deer.jpg
Lost Aussie picture....

Reds fan
10-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Velvet is now gone from the 8pt earlier.

Wish he was closer when this was taken.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3509/4016268353_08ab5f7c3d.jpg

Wow, Sply, you got a varmint problem!!!

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Wow, Sply, you got a varmint problem!!!

Yeah... I can show you thousands of pictures of coons. But they don't eat much corn compared to these guys...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2516/4018012106_56337fb20f.jpg

slpybear the bullfan
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
...and when they get this big they can eat A LOT.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2516/4018012106_56337fb20f.jpg

lostaussie
10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
you call me:D I got some rage's with them pigs name on them and some judo tips built just for them coons.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2009, 06:34 PM
man it's been so long since I've been huntin'... mainly cuz I don't have a place available when I'm available... my friend's got some land down by the river, been seein' a spike run onto his land just about every evenin'... might have to give him a shot... meat is meat...

Move The Chains
10-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Actually I was thinking more like...

Freshwater Fishing < Saltwater Fishing < Bow Fishing < Hunting < Drinking Beer with Hot Women.

Or something like that... ;) The only thing on that list better than slat water fishing is the hot women part. :D

lostaussie
10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
watched the saints kick some booty 2day and built me some new rage meat missiles:D leaving wednesday to hunt thru the weekend...............maybe more pics forthcoming :thumbsup:

slpybear the bullfan
10-19-2009, 09:32 AM
...and when they get this big they can eat A LOT.

Sorry guys... wrong picture was there... this is what I meant to
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2634/4018007910_ac615208f0.jpg

Move The Chains
10-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Sorry guys... wrong picture was there... this is what I meant to
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2634/4018007910_ac615208f0.jpg :eek:

Daddy D 11
10-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Do you have to have like a photobucket account to post pics?

Gobbla2001
10-21-2009, 12:51 PM
DD11 - I usually just go to www.imageshack.us and upload them there... just copy the link they give you when it's done... no account needed

slpybear the bullfan
10-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Go to flickr.com

If you have a yahoo.com account then I think you are already signed up.

Once you upload a photo... just "view" it on flickr... right click... click on properties... copy the url... the insert the url into your post via the IMG button.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 12:33 PM
ok thanks guys, I'll try to put some on here in a little while.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Oops, hold on.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Yeah I'll figure this out here in a second. LOL having some trouble.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:19 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/i/blue153yearsroldgoldson.jpg/

DU_stud04
10-23-2009, 01:23 PM
http://img243.imageshack.us/i/blue153yearsroldgoldson.jpg/

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/3668/blue153yearsroldgoldson.jpg

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:24 PM
http://img39.imageshack.us/i/red51.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/penbucks09004.jpg

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/penbucks09010.jpg

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:28 PM
DU, did you have to do something to get that pic to appear? Or is my computer just not showing it, I ended up just doing the links. I think it works out fine?

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Use the IMG button to insert the URL for your pics.

Or type it out like so...

Adding Images

To include a picture or graphic within the body of your message, you can simply surround the address of the image as shown here:

{img}http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/images/downlowflag.jpg{/img}

(Replace the {} with [])

Note that the http:// part of the image URL is required for the [img] code.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I keep doing the "IMG" button and when I click post it's not popping up. Damn I feel stupid.

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 01:40 PM
{img}http://img243.imageshack.us/i/penbucks09004.jpg/{img}

Almost there... use the [] instead of the {}.

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Almost there... use the [] instead of the {}.

Here is what it would look like...

http://img243.imageshack.us/i/penbucks09004.jpg/

slpybear the bullfan
10-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Those are bad links you are using D11...

I tried opening up each of them and it said 404 error...

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah I'm re doing it right now. Hold on. I accidently closed imageshack during this whole process

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I gotta go grab some lunch, and I'm frustrated. So Slybear if you wanna clean up this thread and delete all the junk I added to it go right ahead haha It'd be appreciated. I'll tackle this "monster" when I get back.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 07:16 PM
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8067/red51.jpg

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I did it!!!!

This is one of our main two breeders.

Daddy D 11
10-23-2009, 07:20 PM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8014/penbucks09004.jpg

These are both 3 year olds, one of em is gonna stay in the pens and take over for Red 51 and the weaker one will be released.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-24-2009, 08:52 PM
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8014/penbucks09004.jpg

These are both 3 year olds, one of em is gonna stay in the pens and take over for Red 51 and the weaker one will be released.

So when do we all get invited to go hunt?

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 12:42 PM
So when do we all get invited to go hunt?

HAHA. I'd love to meet some of you guys and have yall out. But, these guys will never be killed. They're going to just breed breed breed:D

Now their babies out in the pasture... those are being hunted as we speak:devil:

slpybear the bullfan
10-25-2009, 07:44 PM
HAHA. I'd love to meet some of you guys and have yall out. But, these guys will never be killed. They're going to just breed breed breed:D

Now their babies out in the pasture... those are being hunted as we speak:devil:

Sign me up for the 3ADL M&G&Hunt as soon as it is scheduled!!!

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Sign me up for the 3ADL M&G&Hunt as soon as it is scheduled!!!

x2, hell I'll take a "management buck" if you need me to.

Daddy D 11
10-25-2009, 10:33 PM
x2, hell I'll take a "management buck" if you need me to.

I'll try to get some field cam pics up on here of some 2 year olds out in the pasture.

We've only owned this place 2 years. This is our second deer season. Last season we applied for the MLD Permits, so we wiped out every native deer on the place minus a couple lucky ones that escaped. So this year there really isn't much to kill. I downed a doe 2 weeks ago but that's about it. The oldest deer in the pasture are 2, but they don't look like 2 year olds:D I'll go through em all and find a couple good ones.

IHStangFan
10-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Sign me up for the 3ADL M&G&Hunt as soon as it is scheduled!!! That would be SWEEEEEET!!

I've also got a couple of game cam shots from up at my family's property. I'll put up some pics soon. Our pigs have disappeared for some reason....I suspect because of all of the acorns down in the bottom. Once those rot away and/or all eaten up, I expect them to return to the feeder. We've got a buncha young deer as well. One 8pt that looks like he'll be a nice one in another year or two.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Is anyone planning on any quail hunts this weekend? I think I may go out and try, the last week of dove season I saw more quail than dove so why not.

slpybear the bullfan
10-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Is anyone planning on any quail hunts this weekend? I think I may go out and try, the last week of dove season I saw more quail than dove so why not.

Here in North Texas our quail populations continue to dwindle. :(

44INAROW
10-31-2009, 08:22 AM
I was trying to post some "deer feeder" pics for Lost Aussie but my laptop deleted my Photobucket password and I can't remember it - I will have to wait until Monday and try again from the office :doh:

lostaussie
10-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was trying to post some "deer feeder" pics for Lost Aussie but my laptop deleted my Photobucket password and I can't remember it - I will have to wait until Monday and try again from the office :doh: bummer:D

44INAROW
11-05-2009, 11:56 AM
These are Lost Aussie's pics from Oct

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie1Nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie2nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie3Nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie4Nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie5nove09.jpg

5 more will be on the next post

44INAROW
11-05-2009, 11:58 AM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie6nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie7nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie8nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie10Nov09.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie9nov09.jpg

ASUFrisbeeStud
11-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Anything from opening day?

lostaussie
11-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussie1Nov09.jpg

this one took a ride from quanah to gilmer in the back of the truck today:D

IHStangFan
11-08-2009, 09:38 PM
this one took a ride from quanah to gilmer in the back of the truck today:D You sorry dog!!! All I saw was coons....and a small buck and a couple of does....but the deer didn't show up till well after sundown. :(

Daddy D 11
11-09-2009, 02:29 AM

nice!:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
11-09-2009, 10:17 AM

Very Nice! congrats!

44INAROW
11-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I assume this is the one "on the back of the truck" :) Lost Aussie's Opening Weekend Nov 2009
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/IMG_0200.jpg
[IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/IMG_0193.jpg

IHStangFan
11-11-2009, 11:46 PM
So I'm headed home from work today and decide to take the "back road" to the house.....it's about 3pm and I see something in the road up ahead.....I get up on it, and it's a freakin pig! He scrambles through the fence...then just stands there and looks at me along side two of his buddies!! Today was the ONE day I didn't have a rifle or something in the truck for whatever reason!!! UUUGGGHHH!!!

I even stopped and they let me take pictures of them.

44INAROW
11-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Mr 44 just called (10 AM Saturday 11/14/09) he is in Florida hunting - he got a 12 pointer. Pictures to follow - he is happy - now he can kick back at deer camp and drink and watch football this afternoon :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
update
Here is the picture.. He said the brow-tines (sp) are broken on either side but it still counts as a 12 pointer lol.. The 8 pointer he got last season out there was alot bigger but this one has more horns not sure which is a "bigger deal" it all tastes good to me.. The deer at the lease in DeWitt County has bigger deer than this one, so I am hoping he gets one next week here at "home"
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/PeeWeeLaredoDeerJan2009.jpg

ps that date is wrong on the picture

44INAROW
11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j43/44inarow/lostaussieturkeysoct09.jpg

now this is a lot of Gobblers ;)

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Below is one that my dad got a week ago.

Daddy D 11
12-07-2009, 09:58 PM
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3724/2009vtexhunt048.jpg (http://img527.imageshack.us/i/2009vtexhunt048.jpg/)

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9465/img0034iw.jpg (http://img37.imageshack.us/i/img0034iw.jpg/)

lostaussie
02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
WOO HOO I'm going to Wyoming in late August on an archery hunt for pronghorn antelope. Wait till I get back with these pics:D

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Is it time to hunt again yet?????????????

Reds fan
03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Is it time to hunt again yet?????????????

Spring Turkey season is fast approaching!

lostaussie
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
over/under on archery gobblers for the aussie is 3.5 Last year I took all 4 with archery. It is the bomb!!! We have so many turkeys shooting them with a gun is not even fun.

Old Green
03-18-2010, 12:52 PM
over/under on archery gobblers for the aussie is 3.5 Last year I took all 4 with archery. It is the bomb!!! We have so many turkeys shooting them with a gun is not even fun. I bought a Fred Bear Bow 2 weeks ago. I've been practicing my butt off. Hitting the targets pretty good out to 40 yards. Can't wait till the season starts.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm heading down to Cuero at the end of the month to do some Gobbling, hopefully we'll get something.

Old Green
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Where you hunting around Cuero? I'm north of Cuero on HWY 183 about 6 miles out of town. Been seeing lots of Turkeys and hogs.

ASUFrisbeeStud
03-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Wifes family has 400 acres south of Cuero, not sure exactly where only been a couple times

Reds fan
03-19-2010, 11:37 PM
Any body been hearing any gobbles or seeing some strutting? I'm hoping to head out next weekend but that could be a tad early.

Old Green
03-23-2010, 07:26 PM
I saw a lot before the season opened. So far just hens since the coldfront blew thru.

BHBrave08
04-05-2010, 03:17 AM
This weekend was opening weekend for turkey season. They turkey hunting gods hate me. Three different times I called turkeys in from over 300 yards only to get to watch them 75 yards away for over an hour and a half strut on the other side of a high fence that they refused to cross. :mad: I guess thats why they call it hunting and not killing though...

Daddy D 11
04-05-2010, 11:25 PM
Wifes family has 400 acres south of Cuero, not sure exactly where only been a couple times

I'd be tapping into that lol

ASUFrisbeeStud
09-02-2010, 10:30 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs160.ash2/41362_546253616752_54105770_31902387_6031860_n.jpg

lol didn't limit out today but had a good time

Old Green
10-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Check the 25th aannual deer hunting contest.
Biggest buck so far is from Gonzales County 254 7/8 ".

http:// loscazadores.com

BaseballUmp
10-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Check the 25th aannual deer hunting contest.
Biggest buck so far is from Gonzales County 254 7/8 ".

http:// loscazadores.com

Lots of good looking bucks

Old Green
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
How many of you hunt Turkey?

Old Green
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Everybody getting ready for Deer season?

MUSTANG69
08-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Everybody getting ready for Deer season?

I've been ready for a long time. We are going to put out trail cameras next week to see what is out there. We had timely rains this year so the brush is in good shape. I think we are going to have some great bucks this year. The buck I am going to hunt (if he survived the off season) should score in the 160's. He is a great looking buck.

Old Green
08-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I've been ready for a long time. We are going to put out trail cameras next week to see what is out there. We had timely rains this year so the brush is in good shape. I think we are going to have some great bucks this year. The buck I am going to hunt (if he survived the off season) should score in the 160's. He is a great looking buck.Awesome! Haven't seen any bucks that size here in DeWitt County on my place but a couple nice ones I hope to stick an arrow in come October.

MUSTANG69
08-10-2012, 07:54 AM
Awesome! Haven't seen any bucks that size here in DeWitt County on my place but a couple nice ones I hope to stick an arrow in come October.

I used to hunt Dewitt County years ago. My lease was close to the dump in Yorktown. I bagged a pretty nice 8-point one year. I think the problem over there was that the locals were mostly meat hunters and nothing ever got to to grow up and reach its max potential.

Old Green
08-13-2012, 10:47 PM
I used to hunt Dewitt County years ago. My lease was close to the dump in Yorktown. I bagged a pretty nice 8-point one year. I think the problem over there was that the locals were mostly meat hunters and nothing ever got to to grow up and reach its max potential.That's true. I was one of those guys:p With the AR restrictions, things are improving.

MUSTANG69
08-14-2012, 07:39 AM
That's true. I was one of those guys:p With the AR restrictions, things are improving.

Overall, I think game management has improved greatly over the last 20 years. There seems to be more quality deer all over the state. Now if we could just find a way to solve the hog problem.

Old Green
08-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Overall, I think game management has improved greatly over the last 20 years. There seems to be more quality deer all over the state. Now if we could just find a way to solve the hog problem.Yep! Deer quality is up all over. I been trying to keep hogs under contol. Last year year I shot or trapped 23 hogs. This year I've only trapped one large boar. Don't know what happened to the hogs.

MUSTANG69
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM
Yep! Deer quality is up all over. I been trying to keep hogs under contol. Last year year I shot or trapped 23 hogs. This year I've only trapped one large boar. Don't know what happened to the hogs.

The ranch I hunt on is high-fenced. About 6 years ago when the helicopter survey was done for MLD permits those guys carried 12-gauges and blasted every hog they saw. We only saw 3 hogs in the next 2 years and haven't seen one in the last 4 years. For some reason the hogs haven't dug under the fence to get on the ranch. This doesn't work on a low fence ranch though.

Saggy Aggie
09-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I like hogs. The more the merrier to me.

I hunt pigs year round and i couldnt care less if they tear up the property. The only thing we use our acreage for is hunting anyways, so i love it when theyre back there rooting it up.

MUSTANG69
09-28-2012, 11:26 AM

I hunt pigs year round and i couldnt care less if they tear up the property. The only thing we use our acreage for is hunting anyways, so i love it when theyre back there rooting it up.

I love to hunt hogs too but they can be a major problem to a deer management program. We have a feeder set up outside the high fence so we can shoot some oinkers each year. We put a trail camera on that feeder for a week. All of the pictures were of hogs. There was not one deer in those pictures. Gonna be a lot of hogs die this fall.:)

Old Green
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM

I hunt pigs year round and i couldnt care less if they tear up the property. The only thing we use our acreage for is hunting anyways, so i love it when theyre back there rooting it up.Have you been bowhunting yet Saggy?

Saggy Aggie
10-17-2012, 06:50 PM
Have you been bowhunting yet Saggy?

I havent, im up here in CS trying to finish up my senior year. I prolly wont get to go hunting until thanksgiving break.

My uncle and grandpa have been hunting though. I think my uncle has already killed 7 or 8 pigs this year. Last time I went hunting was in january and i shot a spike buck.

Old Green
10-18-2012, 12:33 PM
I havent, im up here in CS trying to finish up my senior year. I prolly wont get to go hunting until thanksgiving break.

My uncle and grandpa have been hunting though. I think my uncle has already killed 7 or 8 pigs this year. Last time I went hunting was in january and i shot a spike buck.Good deal! I shot a big doe yesterday.

Saggy Aggie
10-23-2012, 12:17 PM
Good deal! I shot a big doe yesterday.

very nice!

Saggy Aggie
12-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Can't wait to go hunting!

I'll be going for the first time this year on Saturday.

Then I've got a 4 day hunt out near llano planned for the 27th. Lots of nice deer out there

Old Green
12-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Can't wait to go hunting!

I'll be going for the first time this year on Saturday.

Then I've got a 4 day hunt out near llano planned for the 27th. Lots of nice deer out thereGood Luck ! Get a big one.

MUSTANG69
05-21-2013, 09:39 AM
This is my 2012 buck. Main frame 10 with 2 kickers. He did not score as high as we hoped (scored 148) but not bad for a management buck.

Old Green
05-24-2013, 07:43 AM
This is my 2012 buck. Main frame 10 with 2 kickers. He did not score as high as we hoped (scored 148) but not bad for a management buck.Very nice buck Mustang69. I had one come in almost that good at about 60 yards. It was out of my comfort zone with my bow.

MUSTANG69
05-24-2013, 12:01 PM
Very nice buck Mustang69. I had one come in almost that good at about 60 yards. It was out of my comfort zone with my bow.

I hunt strictly with a rifle. I broke my right arm about 10 years ago and screwed the nerves and arteries up in my left arm. It is just to painful to try to use a bow.
I'm proud of this buck. He has one of the most symetrical racks of all the deer I've killed. He is going on my office wall with the rest of his brethren.

Old Green
07-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I hunt strictly with a rifle. I broke my right arm about 10 years ago and screwed the nerves and arteries up in my left arm. It is just to painful to try to use a bow.
I'm proud of this buck. He has one of the most symetrical racks of all the deer I've killed. He is going on my office wall with the rest of his brethren.I understand that. I had always rifle hunted myself. I actually quit hunting for 15 years. Buddies talked me into buying a bow 4 years ago.

MUSTANG69
07-15-2013, 07:37 AM
I understand that. I had always rifle hunted myself. I actually quit hunting for 15 years. Buddies talked me into buying a bow 4 years ago.

I quit hunting for 2 years one time. I just couldn't take it. I had to start again because it is something I love to do and I was driving my wife nuts being around the house so much.

Football Junky
12-10-2013, 05:14 PM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2662/3916722359_88350b9835.jpg

love seeing swine go down

Old Green
02-19-2014, 08:04 AM
love seeing swine go down:ditto:

MUSTANG69
02-19-2014, 08:58 AM
This is my 2013 buck. Main frame 10 pt. Very old deer. We estimated his age to be 8 1/2. Scored in the 130's. Good management buck to take

bulldog60
12-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Nice Deer where was he taken?

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141120_171822_104_zpslzwiwamq.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20141120_171822_104_zpslzwiwamq.jpg.html)

44INAROW
12-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Well, Hello there big boy (referring to the deer pic lol) ............... you gonna let him grow or nail him this year?

lostaussie
12-10-2014, 07:51 PM
Well, Hello there big boy (referring to the deer pic lol) ............... you gonna let him grow or nail him this year?

He's a baby 44....... Now that I figured out how to do pics I'll try to fill this thing up!!

Tejastrue
12-11-2014, 12:02 AM

lmao........

lostaussie
12-25-2014, 09:10 PM
Caught this guy in my hog trap week before Christmas
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG956822_zpsbmuwhygz.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG956822_zpsbmuwhygz.jpg.html)

lostaussie
12-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Dec. 2013. Unless something happens real soon looks like its going to be slick heads only for 2014
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG952014061095095654642_zpsryubuhkt.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG952014061095095654642_zpsryubuhkt.jpg.html)

MUSTANG69
01-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Dec. 2013. Unless something happens real soon looks like its going to be slick heads only for 2014
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/IMG952014061095095654642_zpsryubuhkt.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/IMG952014061095095654642_zpsryubuhkt.jpg.html)

Nice looking buck. Antlers have character.

lostaussie
01-02-2015, 03:03 PM
I guess I'm done for this year. No bucks down but that is OK. Plenty of meat on ice. I guess if I had stayed out there I wouldn't have needed a cooler. Looks like plenty of ice right now!!

lostaussie
02-04-2015, 05:59 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag449/tskeeter1/0110151711_zpskf5jzuq3.jpg (http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/tskeeter1/media/0110151711_zpskf5jzuq3.jpg.html)

MUSTANG69
12-10-2015, 03:49 PM
Nice Deer where was he taken?

Duval County near La Rosita (9 miles north of Benavides)