PDA

View Full Version : Where's the WOS/Vidor scrimmage update thread?

AggiesAreWe
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
:confused:

;)

GUNHO
08-21-2009, 11:37 AM
we keeping it under raps.Don't want the downlow to know we got donkey stomped.:D

AggiesAreWe
08-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
we keeping it under raps.Don't want the downlow to know we got donkey stomped.:D

I hear ya, Gun. Just was wondering where those "homers" were. :D

GUNHO
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
Ok I'll start.
You see,Nederland our next week opponet was in the stands and we didn't want to show them anything so we practiced all week on how to get blown away on the line.I'll have to admit those kids did a great job of acting.Well after about 2 1/2 quarters we knew Nederland had seen all they needed to and left.Then we got the go ahead to play mustang football and just ran out of time are we would have won that scrimmage.:D

Phantom Stang
08-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Ok I'll start.
You see,Nederland our next week opponet was in the stands and we didn't want to show them anything so we practiced all week on how to get blown away on the line.I'll have to admit those kids did a great job of acting.Well after about 2 1/2 quarters we knew Nederland had seen all they needed to and left.Then we got the go ahead to play mustang football and just ran out of time are we would have won that scrimmage.:D :fnypost: :spitlol:

WOS87
08-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe

;)

Dude, get a life! It was Thursday night and I had to work otherwise I would have had no problem posting updates. I don't recall seeing an update thread on the Silsbee - Kirbyville scrimmage last week on here either!

20FAN07
08-21-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by WOS87

Dude, get a life! It was Thursday night and I had to work otherwise I would have had no problem posting updates. I don't recall seeing an update thread on the Silsbee - Kirbyville scrimmage last week on here either!

:clap:

WOS1
08-21-2009, 05:00 PM
I don't recall seeing an update thread on the Silsbee - Kirbyville scrimmage last week on here either!

Ouch! Looks like the "sniper" got "sniped". LOL

Good point 87 cause it sure as heck wasn't on here.

griff
08-22-2009, 07:35 AM
Well, there's one particular "homer" who has always been in a rush to post WO-S scrimmage & game results over here. It was funny that he was no where to be found, and I'm a WO-S follower myself. Also funny was that he complained about how long the thread was about the scrimmage on another site. He has a hard time accepting that we got beat, regardless of injured players not participating and any other reason that can be found. We got outplayed...simple as that.

AAW, I've always liked you, but you're constant commentary on anything WO-S is a little annoying. Funny how you made no effort to post the Silsbee/LCM scrimmage results, as well as the Kirbyville scrimmage. It's obvious both teams have some kinks to work out, and as you've always said, "No one wins in a scrimmage." It was more enjoyable when you gave us regular updates about Jeremy Johnson. ;)

Pancake_Block
08-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by griff
Well, there's one particular "homer" who has always been in a rush to post WO-S scrimmage & game results over here. It was funny that he was no where to be found, and I'm a WO-S follower myself. Also funny was that he complained about how long the thread was about the scrimmage on another site. He has a hard time accepting that we got beat, regardless of injured players not participating and any other reason that can be found. We got outplayed...simple as that.

AAW, I've always liked you, but you're constant commentary on anything WO-S is a little annoying. Funny how you made no effort to post the Silsbee/LCM scrimmage results, as well as the Kirbyville scrimmage. It's obvious both teams have some kinks to work out, and as you've always said, "No one wins in a scrimmage." It was more enjoyable when you gave us regular updates about Jeremy Johnson. ;)

All I can say is WOS maybe a little over-hyped, if it would have been a real game the Stangs would have been beaten pretty bad.
It was just a scrimmage and as AAW would say No one wins a scrimmage.
:thinking:

AggiesAreWe
08-22-2009, 08:37 AM

Hey Griff, sorry for the annoyance, seriously. I only started this thread to get under a couple of the "homer's" skin. Just having some fun.

I didn't post any Silsbee scrimmage results over here because I never have and quite frankly don't see the reason for it over here. I was just making reference to the fact that one WOS scrimmage got updated but the other didn't.
;)

I agree, both Silsbee and WOS have some kinks to work out, but they get it done.

griff
08-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Pancake_Block
All I can say is WOS maybe a little over-hyped, if it would have been a real game the Stangs would have been beaten pretty bad.

Time will tell, and time is on our side to get the team ready for a long season. As I said on the other board, I believe the scrimmage said more about how potetially good Vidor is than any insufficiencies on WO-S' part. Dave Campbell might have picked this one right. There could be a new sheriff in town in 20-4A.

WOS87
08-22-2009, 10:43 PM

Sorry... but given that it was JUST a scrimmage it's completely illogical to make that leap of judgement. The final was only 28-21. Since when does that equal "beaten pretty bad"? Last year Vidor tied WO-S 14-14 in their scrimmage yet WO-S ended the season 10-1 while Vidor had a losing season and didn't make the playoffs. If you all insist on comparing apples and oranges then Silsbee's 35-21 "loss" to LC-M fares a lot worse than WO-S's 28-21 "loss" to the DCTF pick to win district 20-4A in Vidor.

A certain Southeast Texas website is THIS close to having me pull my entire historical forum out if certain admins don't start being a bit more professional

20FAN07
08-23-2009, 12:14 AM

"over hyped".......so are you making that statement because they are highly ranked? No team asks for a high state rank at the beginning of the year, its just simply given by people who look at stats, he said she said, and past years. Just because they dont run the other teams off the field and make a State Championship run every year, doesn't mean they are over hyped. Coach Hooks and co, do a great job over there and what makes it even sweeter is that they are consistent. But what does all that matter right? Must be nice to be "over hyped" and still be playing deep in the playoffs year in and out.

And im glad you were also able to make your statement of "beaten pretty bad" from a scrimmage (eliminating special teams). I'm sure you know and other setx football fans that special teams (field position) plays a big factor into mustang football.

setxsports
08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
As i stated on the setx board, it was a damn scrimmage!!! Practice. WO-S even had starters not play. Last year WO-S also played bad in practice (Scrimmage).

IHStangFan
08-23-2009, 09:40 AM
So it IS true then.....Vidor for the first time in about 237 yrs has a decent team this year?

No matter....I will be pulling for WOS this year as always.

I wish the Mustangs well.

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by 20FAN07
"over hyped".......so are you making that statement because they are highly ranked? No team asks for a high state rank at the beginning of the year, its just simply given by people who look at stats, he said she said, and past years. Just because they dont run the other teams off the field and make a State Championship run every year, doesn't mean they are over hyped. Coach Hooks and co, do a great job over there and what makes it even sweeter is that they are consistent. But what does all that matter right? Must be nice to be "over hyped" and still be playing deep in the playoffs year in and out.

And im glad you were also able to make your statement of "beaten pretty bad" from a scrimmage (eliminating special teams). I'm sure you know and other setx football fans that special teams (field position) plays a big factor into mustang football.

WOW...WOS fans sure are sensitive..:stirpot:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 11:26 AM
WOW...WOS fans sure are sensitive..:stirpot: :evilgrin:

20FAN07
08-23-2009, 11:54 AM
WOW...WOS fans sure are sensitive..:stirpot:

The school I support throughout district play is orangefield, so im an outsider looking in. But i do still support other orange county teams and it just gets really old when you have "those" people saying things about other teams and the season has yet to begin.

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 12:00 PM
The school I support throughout district play is orangefield, so im an outsider looking in. But i do still support other orange county teams and it just gets really old when you have "those" people saying things about other teams and the season has yet to begin.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

:1popcorn: can I get a soda please?

20FAN07
08-23-2009, 12:11 PM
im sure some can share some hater-ade with you.....seems like there is always plenty to go around... ;)

WOS1
08-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm proud for Vidor and Jeff Matthews. I think they are going to win that district this year and they deserve it. They have a lot experience and size and have that Wing-T running to near perfection. I wish them all the luck this year.

As for WOS, I'm not worried, we didn't win either of our scrims last year and went 3 deep in the playoffs. Also, the Wing-T is an offense you have to prepare for. We are preparing for the spread...;)

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 12:47 PM
im sure some can share some hater-ade with you.....seems like there is always plenty to go around... ;)
:vrycnfsd: :doh: :thinking: Wow,do I sense a DQ game of the week?? :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Sorry... but given that it was JUST a scrimmage it's completely illogical to make that leap of judgement. The final was only 28-21. Since when does that equal "beaten pretty bad"? Last year Vidor tied WO-S 14-14 in their scrimmage yet WO-S ended the season 10-1 while Vidor had a losing season and didn't make the playoffs. If you all insist on comparing apples and oranges then Silsbee's 35-21 "loss" to LC-M fares a lot worse than WO-S's 28-21 "loss" to the DCTF pick to win district 20-4A in Vidor.

A certain Southeast Texas website is THIS close to having me pull my entire historical forum out if certain admins don't start being a bit more professional

He is going to take his ball and go home, if you do not leave his
WOS Mustangs alone:weeping:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
WOS Mustangs alone:weeping: :hand: Thank God zero wk is almost here. Think some ppls getting bit wound up. It will all play out soon.

:weeping: think bout last year
:evilgrin: put a smile on your face
:smoker: relax
:foul: say a kind word

eagles_victory
08-23-2009, 04:06 PM
WOS Mustangs alone:weeping: I know your new here but your talking to the biggest homer on the board so you are probably right.

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I know your new here but your talking to the biggest homer on the board so you are probably right. I had a very profound statement, but after looking at that pic of Anna I lost my entire train of thought.

:confused: What site am I on again??:vrycnfsd:

WOS87
08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
WOS Mustangs alone:weeping:

LOL! And you are who??! Simmer down there...

I refuse to contribute a lifetime of work for free to a website who's admins openly and publicly mock me and if you were in my position you'd do the same. I do have a very nice day job and my contributions on this site are totally voluntary as well so back off!:mad: :mad: :mad:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 05:34 PM

I refuse to contribute a lifetime of work for free to a website who's admins openly and publicly mock me and if you were in my position you'd do the same. I do have a very nice day job and my contributions on this site are totally voluntary as well so back off!

:foul: Dat foosball is da devils game I
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

:stirpot:

WOS87
08-23-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:foul: Dat foosball is da devils game I
:flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

:stirpot:

*shrug* whatever dude! :D

Stir all you want

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 06:03 PM
*shrug* whatever dude! :D

Stir all you want Just tryn to lighten things up a bit. Everyone getting a little toooo serious over a scrimmage. With any luck you guys will have 16 weeks of successful football.:clap:

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 06:13 PM

I refuse to contribute a lifetime of work for free to a website who's admins openly and publicly mock me and if you were in my position you'd do the same. I do have a very nice day job and my contributions on this site are totally voluntary as well so back off!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Geez..Whoa now big fella.I must admit you can post emoticons with the best of them:clap:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Geez..Whoa now big fella.I must admit you can post emoticons with the best of them:clap: Just wait till an actual game.

WOS87
08-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Just wait till an actual game.

13 posts and 128 posts respectively between the two of you. You obviously don't know me that well. Again... back off! This has nothing to do with any of you

Benevolent admins you are welcome to close this thread at any time!!

WOS1
08-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Don't you two have anything better to do?:rolleyes:

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 06:38 PM
13 posts and 128 posts respectively between the two of you. You obviously don't know me that well. Again... back off! This has nothing to do with any of you

Benevolent admins you are welcome to close this thread at any time!!

You do not have to have 500 posts to see that someone is:weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WOS87
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Let me guess, you're in 9th or 10th grade? Am I right?

:D

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Let it go. quit complaining about other people on other boards.

If you are that thin skin, maybe you might want to consider spending less time on messege boards.

15 post and counting till I know what I am talking about.

WOS87
08-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Whenever any of you manages to compile a 100 year history of any football team in the state of Texas researched on your own get back to me. I've done it dozens of times (Just ask Brownwood, Sweetwater, Sinton, Cuero, Vernon, Houston Sam Houston, Sherman, Denison, etc.). Otherwise I really could care less!

I posted the 61 year Needville history today AND the 61 year Corpus Christi West Oso history yesterday.

I ask you, what PRODUCTIVE endeavour have you contributed today?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Whenever any of you manages to compile a 100 year history of any football team in the state of Texas researched on your own get back to me. I've done it dozens of times (Just ask Brownwood, Sweetwater, Sinton, Cuero, Vernon, Houston Sam Houston, Sherman, Denison, etc.). Otherwise I really could care less!

I posted the 61 year Needville history today AND the 61 year Corpus Christi West Oso history yesterday.

I ask you, what PRODUCTIVE endeavour have you contributed today?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: I helped a little old lady cross the street an volunteered at the local outreach. Does that count??

WOS87
08-23-2009, 07:49 PM
I helped a little old lady cross the street an volunteered at the local outreach. Does that count??

I posted the complete Liberty-Eylau history on this site last week.

Here's the link

Click here --->LINK (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&%20threadid=96567)

Does that count???

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 07:52 PM

AAW, I've always liked you, but you're constant commentary on anything WO-S is a little annoying. Funny how you made no effort to post the Silsbee/LCM scrimmage results, as well as the Kirbyville scrimmage. It's obvious both teams have some kinks to work out, and as you've always said, "No one wins in a scrimmage." It was more enjoyable when you gave us regular updates about Jeremy Johnson. ;) :rolleyes:

WOS87
08-23-2009, 07:54 PM
:rolleyes:

LOL That is NOT referring to me... I'd advise you to research your sources before posting

WOS87
08-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Well... if you look, you will NOT find any Southeast Texas histories in sight... I've pulled them down.

Is that included as trivial???

As I said... I really could care less. You're just hurting yourselves.

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Let me guess, you're in 9th or 10th grade? Am I right?

:D Nothing productive coming out of this guys. Lets just call an end to this thread.

garciap77
08-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Pancake_Block and LE Dad what's wrong with you?

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Pancake_Block and LE Dad what's wrong with you? :thinking: My X wife asks me that a lot. How u doing GP?

Pancake_Block
08-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Well... if you look, you will NOT find any Southeast Texas histories in sight... I've pulled them down.

Is that included as trivial???

As I said... I really could care less. You're just hurting yourselves.

WOW..No SE TX histories...How will I be able to sleep tonight:dispntd:

I am through with you WOS87

WOS87
08-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Wow... I'm terrified. You are on ignore from now on.... so DITTO

garciap77
08-23-2009, 08:37 PM
:thinking: My X wife asks me that a lot. How u doing GP?

Great! Don't you and pancake have something better to do than pick on the WOS87! He provides the 3ADL valuable information and I would hate for you and pancake to run him off! Now why don't you and pancake go pick on Rocket! He can battle with the best of them!:)

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Nothing productive coming out of this guys. Lets just call an end to this thread. I was done awhile back. Didn't mean to ruffle WOS feathers. Not what I am here.
:wave: WOS be good man sorry if I p*&sed u off

AggiesAreWe
08-24-2009, 09:30 AM
:rolleyes:

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
:rolleyes: :mad:TROUBLEMAKER :mad: :tisk:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 11:03 AM
What is gotten into some of yall??

I agree with WOS87...some of you talking your smack have NO CLUE!!!!

This thread is now closed!!!:mad:

Ranger Mom
08-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
Great! Don't you and pancake have something better to do than pick on the WOS87! He provides the 3ADL valuable information and I would hate for you and pancake to run him off! Now why don't you and pancake go pick on Rocket! He can battle with the best of them!:)

They will leave before he does...and that is a promise!!