PDA

View Full Version : La Grange @ Lockhart Week 0

Pudlugger
08-21-2009, 08:32 AM
The Leps have tuned up after two very impressive scrimmages against top 10 teams and are ready to rumble next Friday with the season kickoff against 4a Lockhart Lions. The Lockhart coaches were seated behind me last night at the Cuero/LG scrimmage taking detailed notes on every play. They are new to Lockhart and clearly want to start off with a win. The Leps will be facing an entirely new Lion offensive scheme as they run the spread. They have a D1 level running back in Hardaway and a big o line. It will be a good test for the Leps.

With a new coach and offensive scheme the Lions may have more problems on offense this year than last. If the Leps protect the football and play with intensity they should win this one.

La Grange 28 Lockhart 14

Old Green
08-21-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
The Leps have tuned up after two very impressive scrimmages against top 10 teams and are ready to rumble next Friday with the season kickoff against 4a Lockhart Lions. The Lockhart coaches were seated behind me last night at the Cuero/LG scrimmage taking detailed notes on every play. They are new to Lockhart and clearly want to start off with a win. The Leps will be facing an entirely new Lion offensive scheme as they run the spread. They have a D1 level running back in Hardaway and a big o line. It will be a good test for the Leps.

With a new coach and offensive scheme the Lions may have more problems on offense this year than last. If the Leps protect the football and play with intensity they should win this one.

La Grange 28 Lockhart 14 :iagree: LG should win this one. The Lockhart Lions lineman are very big, but not too mobile. Hardaway will get his yards, but will have to earn them against a quick LG defense. The LG recievers will have a field day against the Lion DB's.

Pudlugger
08-22-2009, 09:38 AM
What kind of receiving corp does Lockhart have? Any big threats there? As for the Lion rushing game, the Leps should do well against the spread rush with their quickness on D. It's a lot tougher to defend the slot T with so much misdirection and power blocking than qb draws and set back hand offs in the spread.

It is interesting that Cuero has had a good look at both the Leps and the Lions in their two scrimmages. Those Lockhart coaches sure were busy noting every play and every player on the La Grange side during Thursday's scrimmage. They will be well prepared come Friday. I heard them comment that "that #8 is obviously their go to guy" and they will have to defend him well. The Leps should be really fired up as they have something special this season and are hungry for the win.

TRENCHES06
08-22-2009, 01:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, a lil birdie told me that Hardaway (RB) did not suit up for either scrimmage......injured??

Pudlugger
08-22-2009, 02:32 PM
If that's true they will really be hurting going into their first game without their big threat rb. Head fake maybe? Stay sharp Leps!

Airforce1
08-24-2009, 02:52 PM
La Grange will be without one or two players due to violating team rules. I think one or two starters will not play verses Lockhart. The good news is that a team still makes it important to do what is right or not play. Some programs put winning ahead of what teaches kids to be better people and take responsibility for their actions. From what I heard was a kid was late to practice and he will not play. Wow!

LHS 2SONS
08-24-2009, 05:00 PM
This is true. One player will miss one game, it actually occured during baseball season, the punishment (along with running) was to miss three games. It happened right at the beginning of the playoffs, since Needville beat us in two games, it carries over to the Football season, and he will miss the first game. One other player will miss 4 games due to getting in trouble during the summer and not reporting it to the AD right away. I heard their was another player but that is all I heard - hopefully just a rumor. Good Luck this week to District 25, once District starts it will be a dog fight all the way to week 10.

jrhernandez7
08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
Shoot out anybody???? senceing someting crazy in this one like 54-42 la grange. everyone knows how la grange can light it up if they get it going. lions are no slouch. any time you play a 4a you know there gona have one or two great athletes at the least, and at this level thats all you need most of the time. gona be a exciting game.

LHexPlayer
08-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
Shoot out anybody???? senceing someting crazy in this one like 54-42 la grange. everyone knows how la grange can light it up if they get it going. lions are no slouch. any time you play a 4a you know there gona have one or two great athletes at the least, and at this level thats all you need most of the time. gona be a exciting game.

I think the Leps defense will keep this game from becoming a shoot out.

Pudlugger
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
This is true. One player will miss one game, it actually occured during baseball season, the punishment (along with running) was to miss three games. It happened right at the beginning of the playoffs, since Needville beat us in two games, it carries over to the Football season, and he will miss the first game. One other player will miss 4 games due to getting in trouble during the summer and not reporting it to the AD right away. I heard their was another player but that is all I heard - hopefully just a rumor. Good Luck this week to District 25, once District starts it will be a dog fight all the way to week 10.

What positions will be affected by this?

zebrablue2
08-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Leps by 20!!!

LHS 2SONS
08-25-2009, 10:23 PM
What positions will be affected by this?

wr/db and lb/rb Leps still have plenty of depth at these positions

Airforce1
08-26-2009, 10:28 AM
LG's starting RB will not play against Lockhart along with a starting d-lineman and a backup DB/WR. I think some were injuries and some were rules violations. Injuries are going to happen but it is a shame that kids can not do what is right and others have to suffer because of them.

Pudlugger
08-26-2009, 12:10 PM
The Leps have strong depth at rb and D lineman. They will not be hurt by this. I hope the team shapes up and no more foolishness like in 2007. Seniors need to step up and lead by example.

hookandladder
08-26-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Airforce1
LG's starting RB will not play against Lockhart along with a starting d-lineman and a backup DB/WR. I think some were injuries and some were rules violations. Injuries are going to happen but it is a shame that kids can not do what is right and others have to suffer because of them.

Unless our starting RB got hurt in practice this week, he will be starting. Also have not heard of any starting D-Lineman out either, the 2 rules violations are from last year or during the summer. One played some last year on defense and the other was on JV as a junior, so LG will be as close to full speed as possible. We do have one lineman who is out from an injury from last year, however I do not think the coaches are planning on him playing any this year.Rule violations were from last school year, LG athletic policy is pretty firm. LHS 2SONS should have more info.

Pudlugger
08-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Hook, thanks for the clarification here. I still have the Leps by 21. Go Leps.

ps hold onto the football for Pete's sake!:D

11as1
08-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Gotta pick the D-25 Leps in this one. I think they'll take it big 3 touches is the difference

hookandladder
08-27-2009, 06:24 AM
Hook, thanks for the clarification here. I still have the Leps by 21. Go Leps.

ps hold onto the football for Pete's sake!:D

I found out last night the starting RB will not play or start Friday night, missed practice for some reason so that is true. We have number of RB's that we use in the spread offense so this should not be a problem.

Pudlugger
08-27-2009, 10:48 AM
OK, I think our back up rb is going to have a big game tomorrow.

These kids need to stop and think how very rare and special the opportunity to play high school football is at this level. Someday not to long after they leave high school and enter the real world they will look back on their football days hopefully with great pride and not regret for lost opportunities.

It all comes down to discipline and determination. This team has great talent and many fine young men who are capable of great things. The seniors will step up and provide the leadership to take them deep into the playoffs imho. Go Leps.

Pudlugger
08-28-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm thinking about taking 535 from Smithville down through Rosanky rather than the round about route on I-10 and up on 183. It's a lot shorter but Google says it takes 1h 58 mins. That seems a little long to me at 59 miles. Anyone have a suggestion?

Pudlugger
08-29-2009, 12:21 AM
47-28. The Leps led te entire game but the Lions made a run in the second half to narrow the score 33-28. The Leps then shut down the Lions scoring on a short field after an interception and a long drive to run down the clock. Very few errors for the Leps who looked outstanding as a well coached and disciplined team. Go Leps beat the Yoakum Bulldogs.