PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad day in America...

Ranger Mom
08-21-2009, 08:28 AM
when the first lady can't even wear a pair of shorts on vacation without people getting in an uproar!!!:rolleyes:

IrishTex
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
when the first lady can't even wear a pair of shorts on vacation without people getting in an uproar!!!:rolleyes:

Why are people concerned with it? Are they that short? Picture?

Why do people care?

Phantom Stang
08-21-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't think anyone has really said they don't like it. It's probably just a bunch of hype created by the media.

Whoever wrote this Newsweek blog apparently feels the same way:
Posted Wednesday, August 19, 2009 1:37 PM
Who, Exactly, Is Outraged At Michelle Obama's Shorts?
Kate Dailey
(Dana Felthauser/AP)

Michelle Obama wore shorts to visit the Grand Canyon. Have you heard? Everyone is up in arms—if by "everyone" you mean no one, or rather a large, shadow-y group of no ones.

According to the Today show, "some" are calling her fashion choice inappropriate—but the article quotes only those who support the look or, in the case of Washington Post fashion writer Robin Gihven, those who are "ambivalent" about bare legs for an August hiking trip in Arizona.

The Examiner declares Obama beautiful, then bemoans the fact that "some members of the media and the public" are upset. Who are those members of the media and the public? We don't know—the article then goes on to endorse Obama and rebuke the nameless attackers. Even in the comments, readers overwhelmingly approved of Obama's choices, save for the few spare trolls that will always criticize a photographed celeb (the shorts are unflattering, etc). My experience from reading the NEWSWEEK comments shows that if there's something negative to be said about the administration, an anonymous reader will usually say it, often in several consecutive posts. If the comments are mostly positive, then there probably isn't much of a controversy.

LINK (http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thehumancondition/archive/2009/08/19/who-exactly-is-outraged-at-michelle-obama-s-shorts.aspx?GT1=43002)

Ranger Mom
08-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I don't know who is complaining, I just saw a segment last night on some show about it.

They had people call in and some were saying it was in "bad taste."

I just thought the whole thing was stupid. They were just shorts, not even short shorts....more like Khaki hiking shorts!!

I wish what Michelle Obama wore on vacation was my biggest worry!!

Phil C
08-21-2009, 10:26 AM
You must always:

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!

:mad:

IrishTex
08-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
You must always:

BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!

:mad:

You are always correct Phil!!!!

;)

Phantom Stang
08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't know who is complaining, I just saw a segment last night on some show about it.

They had people call in and some were saying it was in "bad taste."

I just thought the whole thing was stupid. They were just shorts, not even short shorts....more like Khaki hiking shorts!!

I wish what Michelle Obama wore on vacation was my biggest worry!!
I still don't think those folks who called in would have given what the First Lady was wearing a second thought, if the news people had never brought it up in the first place.:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
08-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
I still don't think those folks who called in would have given what the First Lady was wearing a second thought, if the news people had never brought it up in the first place.:rolleyes:

True!! I agree!!

95mustang
08-21-2009, 12:48 PM
What do some people think she should have worn while hiking? Give me a break. What has the country come to when a family can't go hiking in the Grand Canyon? YTes she is the first lady, but she does have a family and spending time with the family at the Grand Canyon should be something the country should applaud her for not ridicule.

garciap77
08-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Why do people care?

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/article-0-0614E118000005DC-850_468x.jpg

AP Panther Fan
08-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Totally ridiculous. If anything, she makes being the "First Lady" real...I mean, what did they expect her to wear to the Grand Canyon...a little black dress?:mad:

Good grief!

zebrablue2
08-21-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Totally ridiculous. If anything, she makes being the "First Lady" real...I mean, what did they expect her to wear to the Grand Canyon...a little black dress?:mad:

Good grief!

:iagree:LOL- the press is :crazy:

SintonFan
08-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Why do people care?
Truth be told...
she is probably the first First Lady in quite a few years who was young enough to actually go hiking.;)

SA Girl16
09-07-2009, 01:56 AM
its really hot at the grand cannon!
its not a crime to wear shorts,first lady or not :rolleyes:

gobbler grad
09-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Truth be told...
she is probably the first First Lady in quite a few years who was young enough to actually go hiking.;)

I'll 2nd that...:clap: