PDA

View Full Version : explain to me

swstangs001
08-20-2009, 08:54 PM
how Brownwood had a great offense and no defense last year and went 3-7, then they get move ins like shipley who will play on offense and all of the sudden they are going to win a bunch of games?:confused: :confused:

Looking4number8
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
The team will explain it to you the day Oct 30 in Sweetwater

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by swstangs001
how Brownwood had a great offense and no defense last year and went 3-7, then they get move ins like shipley who will play on offense and all of the sudden they are going to win a bunch of games?:confused: :confused:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/images11222.jpg

It's a Fairy Tale swstangs001! Ask Rocket he can explain better!:D

Sweetwater Red
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Excuse me while I run Usain Bolt style into a brick wall
head first in celebration of yet another Brownwood
thread.

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Excuse me while I run Usain Bolt style into a brick wall
head first in celebration of yet another Brownwood
thread.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
how Brownwood had a great offense and no defense last year and went 3-7, then they get move ins like shipley who will play on offense and all of the sudden they are going to win a bunch of games?:confused: :confused: The medical term is pre - zero weekocitus: n. rationalizing your teams past failures while putting unrealistic expectations on an unproven entity.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
The medical term is pre - zero weekocitus: n. rationalizing your teams past failures while putting unrealistic expectations on an unproven entity.

:clap: Nice!!

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
The medical term is pre - zero weekocitus: n. rationalizing your teams past failures while putting unrealistic expectations on an unproven entity.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
for example
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/2946129062_766234b92e.jpg

;)

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:07 PM

It's quite simple really. The best athletes will play both ways. (DID NOT HAPPEN LAST YEAR) We have a TALENTED junior class and we have some move ins that are not average move ins. As BEAST said earlier, we will probably start off a little rocky, but the talent is definitely there. Also, whenever you get a new staff in, the excitement is at a high. Also, if you are saying that talent alone determines the success you are ignorant. There are many factors that are going to support these claims. Oh and we are playing in 3A.

Last season we were doomed from the get go. WE HAD NO DEFENSE. We had to bring up 8 sophomores.We basically had a hybrid JV defense. The saying goes, you will lose a game for each SOPH you start on Varsity.

On defense, I know of 2 standout difference maker move-ins (one being a DE that is 6'-4", 250), as well as the experience that last year cost us for the Juniors that will be playing this year. Also, we gained Shipley as a CB. That and we will have some good athletes playing both ways.

Offensively, we have 2 WR's that have size and extremely good hands, Shipley being one of them. Shipley has speed and hands. He can get it. Won't be a 3A defender that can hold him. I promise you that. I have heard one person in Shipley's family say Jaxon will be better than Jordan (and nobody could hold Jordan either). Our QB is a double threat. We will spread the field and pick you apart, and we will spread you out and run on you. Our RB, Ratliff, comes from a long line of RB's. STUDS. He is only a Soph. But got his feet wet last season on Varsity. He will easily have 1000 yards rushing and when teams are trying to stop him, Shipley will be running naked as a jaybird on the play action.

Get ready boys....

DaHop72
08-20-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Rocket

Last season we were doomed from the get go. WE HAD NO DEFENSE. We had to bring up 8 sophomores.We basically had a hybrid JV defense. The saying goes, you will lose a game for each SOPH you start on Varsity.

. Our RB, Ratliff, comes from a long line of RB's. STUDS. He is only a Soph. So, in reality Brownwood really had a successful year since they should have been 2-8.:rolleyes: And since you have at least one Soph. starting then I guess you could say that you are already 0-1. :devil:

STANG RED
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
So did you boys get a new pair of maroon shades, or just polish up those yall were looking through at this time last year?:p

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:16 PM
It's quite simple really. The best athletes will play both ways. (DID NOT HAPPEN LAST YEAR) We have a TALENTED junior class and we have some move ins that are not average move ins. As BEAST said earlier, we will probably start off a little rocky, but the talent is definitely there. Also, whenever you get a new staff in, the excitement is at a high. Also, if you are saying that talent alone determines the success you are ignorant. There are many factors that are going to support these claims. Oh and we are playing in 3A.

On defense, I know of 2 standout difference maker move-ins (one being a DE that is 6'-4", 250), as well as the experience that last year cost us for the Juniors that will be playing this year. Also, we gained Shipley as a CB. That and we will have some good athletes playing both ways.

Offensively, we have 2 WR's that have size and extremely good hands, Shipley being one of them. Shipley has speed and hands. He can get it. Won't be a 3A defender that can hold him. I promise you that. I have heard one person in Shipley's family say Jaxon will be better than Jordan (and nobody could hold Jordan either). Our QB is a double threat. We will spread the field and pick you apart, and we will spread you out and run on you. Our RB, Ratliff, comes from a long line of RB's. STUDS. He is only a Soph. But got his feet wet last season on Varsity. He will easily have 1000 yards rushing and when teams are trying to stop him, Shipley will be running naked as a jaybird on the play action.

Get ready boys....

OK! So you will only lose one game(one SOPH = one game)! OK! I'm with you now! One more question! Will that lose be vs Wylie?:D

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
So, in reality Brownwood really had a successful year since they should have been 2-8.:rolleyes: And since you have at least one Soph. starting then I guess you could say that you are already 0-1. :devil:

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

LHexPlayer
Originally posted by STANG RED
So did you boys get a new pair of maroon shades, or just polish up those yall were looking through at this time last year?:p

Now that is funny.:fnypost: :clap:

Rocket
So, in reality Brownwood really had a successful year since they should have been 2-8.:rolleyes: And since you have at least one Soph. starting then I guess you could say that you are already 0-1. :devil:

haha No, not exactly. He played on varsity last year, thus cancelling out the SOPH\Loss rule. He actually scored the first time he touched the ball on Varsity in Snyder. 30 Yard TD run. You remember right?

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Every year, we expect to win a state championship. We could be suiting out 22 Sophomores. It isn't always reality, but programs like Brownwood and Celina, expect to win every year. It's the curse of the 7 State Championships.

That and alot of TRASH talking... LOL

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
OK! So you will only lose one game(one SOPH = one game)! OK! I'm with you now! One more question! Will that lose be vs Wylie?:D

Stick to pics..you are starting to fall in the same category as STR...

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Every year, we expect to win a state championship. We could be suiting out 22 Sophomores. It isn't always reality, but programs like Brownwood and Celina, expect to win every year. It's the curse of the 7 State Championships.

The last time you guys had a chance of winning state, was when someone that graduated from Abilene Wylie was coaching there!:D

DaHop72
08-20-2009, 10:24 PM
haha No, not exactly. He played on varsity last year, thus cancelling out the SOPH\Loss rule. He actually scored the first time he touched the ball on Varsity in Snyder. 30 Yard TD run. You remember right? I remember alot, especially that the Tigers won!!! Remember that Rocket??? Oh, wait a minute, you weren't there.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
We had to bring up 8 sophomores.We basically had a hybrid JV defense. The saying goes, you will lose a game for each SOPH you start on Varsity.

:hand: That doesn't hold water with me! We had 6 starting sophomores in 2006. :D

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I think I remember wearing those maroon-colored shades last year and predicting an unstoppable offense. Was I right? YUP.

We lost Vacarro on defense and offense.This was the crack that broke the damn, which we hoped wouldn't be the effect, but was out of our control.

DaHop72
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
[B It isn't always reality, but programs like Brownwood and Celina, expect to win every year. [/B] Reality or not, I think that is the expectations of more than just Celina and Brownwood. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:hand: That doesn't hold water with me! We had 6 starting sophomores in 2006. :D

Always exceptions to the rule... it is a common coaching saying...the difference being we HAD to bring them up. You guys probably wanted to bring your SOPHs up.

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Stick to pics..you are starting to fall in the same category as STR...

OK!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1.jpg

:D

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Reality or not, I think that is the expectations of more than just Celina and Brownwood. :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

So we are the only MEN around here with guts enough to post what we think?

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
OK!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/loser-1.jpg

Wow...I'm a loser? That hurts STG...

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
The last time you guys had a chance of winning state, was when someone that graduated from Abilene Wylie was coaching there!:D

Freeman graduated from Wylie? Man he mustve lied to me. We played toe to toe with Texarkana Texas High in the 4A Semis a few years ago. That game was the title game. They went on to win the title by about 40 points. Nice try.

BEAST

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:31 PM

Nahh, 2002 we were pretty darn close. IN 4A!

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow...I'm a loser? That hurts STG...

J/K!

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:33 PM
I remember alot, especially that the Tigers won!!! Remember that Rocket??? Oh, wait a minute, you weren't there.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Come on down to Brownwood in 2009. We gonna make you, your players, and coaches whine. Now I am a poet. Just like wimbo.

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Que paso my brother. Keep jabbing. Their knees are getting wobly.

BEAST

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:34 PM
J/K!

I know, snydertigersgarc...

LH Panther Mom
08-20-2009, 10:36 PM
it is a common coaching saying...
Yes, I know it is. And I heard the summer of 2006 about us. It doesn't really matter what age your players are, or how good one side of the ball is. Wins at the right time gets you in the post-season.......it is a common coaching saying. :p

DaHop72
08-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Come on down to Brownwood in 2009. We gonna make you, your players, and coaches whine. Now I am a poet. Just like wimbo. I plan on being there but if you are in NM, it's about the same distance as Sasche to Snyder was and you didn't make that one. So, what makes me think that you will be at this one?:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Freeman graduated from Wylie? Man he mustve lied to me. We played toe to toe with Texarkana Texas High in the 4A Semis a few years ago. That game was the title game. They went on to win the title by about 40 points. Nice try.

BEAST

No! Gordon Lenear Wood! He graduated from Wylie High School in 1934. That's right! It's been a long time!:D

P.S. Altogether at Brownwood, Coach Wood won 15 district championships, 2 co-district championships, seven state championships, and gained a record of 257 wins, 52 losses, and 7 ties, an 82% winning record.

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
You guys never stop. Yall are so eat up with my Lions that yall memorize the history. Thanks.

BEAST

Rocket
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Yes, I know it is. And I heard the summer of 2006 about us. It doesn't really matter what age your players are, or how good one side of the ball is. Wins at the right time gets you in the post-season.......it is a common coaching saying. :p

LOL..I have seen Brownwood win more games than Liberty Hill has played in games total. I know what it takes. And last season we didn't even come close. Why don't you start 8 SOPHs this season and let me know how it works out for ya, k? Did ya start 8 Sophs every season after that? LOL um no. NEXT!!!!

garciap77
I know, snydertigersgarc...

At least snydertiger does not hide when his team loses!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/dig.png

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
No! Gordon Lenear Wood! He graduated from Wylie High School in 1934. That's right! It's been a long time!:D

P.S. Altogether at Brownwood, Coach Wood won 15 district championships, 2 co-district championships, seven state championships, and gained a record of 257 wins, 52 losses, and 7 ties, an 82% winning record.

Did you know the man? Or know about him? How dare you tell us what Gordon Wood did. That is like us telling you what Sandi...wait a minute..not EVEN close...

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:47 PM
At least snydertiger does not hide when his team loses!:D

He doesn't? Did I ever hide in person at the meet and greets? NOPE. And you don't know what was going on in my life at the end of last football season. Had nothing to do with us not winning...

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Good friend of mine in the Wylie district tells me this is Sandifers last year. He is close to him, very close. OUCH.

BEAST

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:49 PM
You guys never stop. Yall are so eat up with my Lions that yall memorize the history. Thanks.

BEAST

Easy Beast! He was presented an award at one of our football games a few years back. Plus, I've read his book! He was a nice man!

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Good friend of mine in the Wylie district tells me this is Sandifers last year. He is close to him, very close. OUCH.

BEAST

Better enjoy this season, you Wylie suckers...

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:52 PM
Did you know the man? Or know about him? How dare you tell us what Gordon Wood did. That is like us telling you what Sandi...wait a minute..not EVEN close...

Easy Rocket! I read his book! He was a nice man! And he graduated from Wylie!:)

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
No you ease up. Did you know him? Or did you just meet him? Do not evoke the most historic coach in all of Texas HS football without respect.

BEAST

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
Easy Rocket! I read his book! He was a nice man! And he graduated from Wylie!:)

I know where he graduated from. I knew him as well. :) It is all goooood....

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:55 PM
I know where he graduated from. I knew him as well. :) It is all goooood....

Have to :sleeping:

Rocket
08-20-2009, 10:57 PM
Have to :sleeping:

Good idea, garcia... besides the violence going on tonight is a little graphic for you.

Ranger Mom
08-20-2009, 11:18 PM
So we are the only MEN around here with guts enough to post what we think?

I guess since you put MEN in all caps, that was to emphasize that us WOMEN have no problem posting what we think??:D

pirate4state
08-21-2009, 07:43 AM
No you ease up. Did you know him? Or did you just meet him? Do not evoke the most historic coach in all of Texas HS football without respect.

BEAST

LMAO

wow, just wow

DU_stud04
08-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO

wow, just wow you shut your mouth when you are talking to me! :mad:

nobogey72
08-21-2009, 09:38 AM

BEAST

I'm as close to him as anyone in Abilene and I can tell you these things:

It would not surprise me one bit if any of the following scenarios happened:

1) He coached at Wylie 20 more years
2) He leaves after this year (youngest daughter's Sr yr.) to:
A) take a higher profile HS job
B) take a high profile college ASST job
C) take a lower profile college HEAD job
D) retire and have beverages on his back porch

But Beast I can tell you one thing for sure with 100% certainty--- If someone other than his wife told your friend what his future plans are it is pure D speculation because he is the most tight lipped sucker about stuff like that that you will ever run across.

Having said that, we are all a little nervous about this because this will be his youngest's Sr. year. But, with the new stadium and facilities I can say that I have never seen him more excited about Wylie HS. Also, he makes no bones about the fact that Gordon Wood (who stayed at the HS level his entire carreer) is among his all-time favorites and that makes me think that staying at Wylie is a possibility

Ranger Mom
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM

BEAST

Hope this wasn't the same "reliable" source that told you Freeman was going to Lee!!

ccmom
08-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Hope this wasn't the same "reliable" source that told you Freeman was going to Lee!!

HAHAHAHA...:clap: :clap:

BEAST
08-21-2009, 10:06 AM

Well my source was Freeman on this deal. He had the job. Long story with personal info so I wont explain. If you must know you can PM me.

BEAST

Rocket
08-21-2009, 10:29 AM

RM is a true woman. She remembers everything you say, and then waits for the best time to throw it back in your face.

Ranger Mom
08-21-2009, 10:31 AM
RM is a true woman. She remembers everything you say, and then waits for the best time to throw it back in your face.

You have been talking to my husband...haven't ya??:p

Rocket
08-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I'm as close to him as anyone in Abilene and I can tell you these things:

It would not surprise me one bit if any of the following scenarios happened:

1) He coached at Wylie 20 more years
2) He leaves after this year (youngest daughter's Sr yr.) to:
A) take a higher profile HS job
B) take a high profile college ASST job
C) take a lower profile college HEAD job
D) retire and have beverages on his back porch

But Beast I can tell you one thing for sure with 100% certainty--- If someone other than his wife told your friend what his future plans are it is pure D speculation because he is the most tight lipped sucker about stuff like that that you will ever run across.

Having said that, we are all a little nervous about this because this will be his youngest's Sr. year. But, with the new stadium and facilities I can say that I have never seen him more excited about Wylie HS. Also, he makes no bones about the fact that Gordon Wood (who stayed at the HS level his entire carreer) is among his all-time favorites and that makes me think that staying at Wylie is a possibility

Wow. nobogey can form complete sentences and use punctuation. I am simply amazed...

Rocket
08-21-2009, 10:34 AM
You have been talking to my husband...haven't ya??:p

LOL... :inlove:

Ex-Tiger2005
08-21-2009, 10:36 AM
haha No, not exactly. He played on varsity last year, thus cancelling out the SOPH\Loss rule. He actually scored the first time he touched the ball on Varsity in Snyder. 30 Yard TD run. You remember right?

I remember K. Garcia goin for 250+ yds and a Snyder victory!

Looking4number8
08-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Well my source was Freeman on this deal. He had the job. Long story with personal info so I wont explain. If you must know you can PM me.

BEAST

and my source was the Lee athletic director's brother. (of course he was thight lipped about it until it was over) That was as close to a done deal as there ever was that did not go through. I also talked to two former Bwd coaches that Freeman was trying to hire. Those guys were pretty reliable sources also.

Beast was not wrong on that one. It was just a screwy deal that it did not happpen

BwdLions
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM

Coach Wood coached at eight schools and retired with a record of 396 wins, 91 losses and 15 ties. He knew what he was doing.

STANG RED
08-21-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow. nobogey can form complete sentences and use punctuation. I am simply amazed...

Dont be too impressed. I bet he got one of those smokin hot sexretaries in his office to type it up for him.
:thinking:
Although, after seeing them for myself, I dont think they were hired for their typing skills.:D

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 12:06 PM
RM is a true woman. She remembers everything you say, and then waits for the best time to throw it back in your face. :fnypost: :fnypost: :fnypost:

garciap77
08-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Coach Wood coached at eight schools and retired with a record of 396 wins, 91 losses and 15 ties. He knew what he was doing.

:iagree: :iagree:

sinton66
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
It's quite simple really.......Oh and we are playing in 3A.

I have a feeling you shouldn't have went there.

TheDOCTORdre
08-21-2009, 06:18 PM
It's the curse of the 7 State Championships.

this from the guy and the team that keeps tellling the rest of the 3adownlow to forget about what happened last season because thats in the past and yet he brings up 7 state championships with the last one being what is nearly 30 years ago...:rolleyes: