PDA

View Full Version : Navasota @ Mexia Tonight @ 6:00p

HEMOTOXIC
08-20-2009, 03:16 PM
I will not be able to makes this scrimmage, but, if preseason rankings are any indication of either team, this should be a nice scrimmage to get out and see.

Hopefully some of my Rattler friends or Blackcat foes can post the results. Or, I will have to wait for my dad to give me the results sometime late tonight...

Go Snakes!

BuckeyeNut
08-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Mexia has a very good running back from what i remember last year in the playoffs.

SHSBulldog00
08-20-2009, 04:21 PM
The Blackcats also return QB Trae Davis. Excellent numbers last year. How is he looking this year?

eagles_victory
08-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
The Blackcats also return QB Trae Davis. Excellent numbers last year. How is he looking this year? I might actually drive up to Mexia and check this one out if I can find someone to go with me which I dont know if I will. But Davis has looked good this year they also have a young QB who is a soph this year backing him up who is suppose to be an absolute stud as well. Im not completly sold on Mexia yet though thats why I want to watch this to see if they are for real.

Flypattern
08-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I would have gone for the Wright's Barbeque alone, but had other obligations.

Anyone who did, please pass on your thoughts.

HEMOTOXIC
08-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Navasota (9th) 3
Mexia (9th) 1

Navasota JV 3
Mexia JV 2

Varsity Update ASAP!

Go Snakes!

Flypattern
08-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Fast work. You da man!

HEMOTOXIC
08-20-2009, 07:52 PM
As of now:

Navasota 3
Mexia 1

Navasota's Defense is looking really good and fast. Stopped the Blackcats on the goal line.

Still have 2 live quarters to go.

HEMOTOXIC
08-20-2009, 08:51 PM
After two quarters of live action, Navasota 7- Mexia 0.... Navasota's takleling got a lil sloppy. That may be a sign of fatigue. Other than that, not a bad outing.

Sum it up:

Non Live action:

Navasota 3
Mexia 1

Live Action:

Navasota 7
Mexia 0

Way to go Rattlers!:clap:

Bring on the Henderson Lions!

navscanmaster
08-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Sounding pretty good to me! I think Mexia had more firepower than Henderson could possibly have, but I almost ate that kind of talk last year. You are right though, and I have taken Thursday and Friday off next week to make sure I get there.

waterboy
08-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Wow! That's an impressive scrimmage against a highly touted Mexia team. Navasota looks like they will be picking up right where they left off last year.

HEMOTOXIC
08-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Wow! That's an impressive scrimmage against a highly touted Mexia team. Navasota looks like they will be picking up right where they left off last year.

We sure hope so!

OldBison75
08-23-2009, 11:45 AM
I have been really pleased with the Rattlers during the preseason and am very surprised at where we are going into this season. The loss of Pratt, Jacoby, Jackson, and Lamascus to college was thought to be a major blow to the program. What i have seen is that the Rattlers will be more diversified on offense and have one of the stoutest defenses in several years. The new QB is very talented and can beat you with his arm or feet. Pratt will be hard to replace but Jones is very adequate and will surprise alot of people. The receiving corp may not be the same as last year, but the talent level did not change very much.

For anyone that had written the Rattlers off as a rebuilding year--BEWARE. The rattlers will strike hard and fast on offense and on defense will have the speed and strength to be very very good.