PDA

View Full Version : A Wylie-Monahans scrimmage tonight

westtxfballfan
08-20-2009, 01:19 PM
in Monahans, 6:30.

SHSBulldog00
08-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I predict a Bulldog victory 2nite. At least that's what my eightball say's.

TinyTim
08-20-2009, 03:03 PM
If anyone is there with internet, please keep us posted as it very well could be that my future son-in-law will be playin there tonight.

Tres Lobos
08-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Should be a fun one to watch

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Tres Lobos
Should be a fun one to watch

Give us an update when you get home!

STANG RED
08-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Heard Titus took every snap to the house against the dawgs first teamers. Ouch :eek:

;)

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Heard Titus took every snap to the house against the dawgs first teamers. Ouch :eek:

;)

No problem! As long as we learn from it! I don't get to excited one way or the other about scrimmages, like some people we know (3A vs 5A scrimmage where the 3A score 10 times)!:D

TinyTim
08-20-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

;)

Titus stood over there in shorts with a sprained ankle. Didn't take a snap.

garciap77
08-20-2009, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim

Did you make it?

TinyTim
08-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim

Just thought I was gonna watch em'. HAHA

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:00 PM
See you at the games this year! Your kid taking to state this year, again?

TinyTim
08-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Did you make it?

No. My ranch is 20 miles from there but too far to go and to many committments here.

DukeNukem
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
score 2-1 monahans overall i think. both teams had stops in the red zone. monahans starting qb (titus) did not play tonight. not sure how long he is out, but he was not on crutches tonight.

BEAST
08-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Wylie got slapped with a backup Qb? Oh snap.

BEAST

garciap77
08-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Wylie got slapped with a backup Qb? Oh snap.

BEAST

I guess we better forfeit the rest of the games! :D

It's a scrimmage! It's for learning lessons and how to corrected them. Let me give you an example; Wylie scrimmages a 5A school and scores 10 TDs. Wylie gets excited and thinks they are going to win state, but instead Wylie goes 3-7! I guess they did not learn anything from the scrimmage!:D

;)

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Man I wish this would've been in Abilene. :(

There is an article in the ARN about this scrimmage maybe
somebody can post it here. :thinking:

garciap77
08-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

There is an article in the ARN about this scrimmage maybe
somebody can post it here. :thinking:

Here you go RED!

Bulldogs bog down in red zone in scrimmage
FROM STAFF REPORTS
The Wylie football team scrimmaged Monahans on the road Thursday and the Bulldogs came away from their first game-type action with a better idea of what they need to work on in the week leading up to their season opener. Wylie takes on Vernon at 7: 30 p. m. next Friday at renovated Bulldog Sta¡©dium.
The Bulldogs and Lo¡©boes played a two- part scrimmage, starting with a controlled portion during which both teams¡¯ first¡©and second- string units got 20 plays on offense and defense. The workout ended with two 15-minute running-clock periods.
Wylie scored its only touchdown of the night on its first possession of the controlled portion. Mona¡©hans¡¯ first- string offense answered with a score of its own on the ensuing pos¡©session.
The only other touch¡©down came from the Mo¡©nahans second string. Both teams were held scoreless during period play. ¡°We got down in the red zone four or five times and had some negative yards and some penalties that backed us out,¡± Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. ¡° But that¡¯s what a scrimmage is for, to learn lessons, and I think our kids will learn from this.
¡° I was really pleased with how hard we played and I thought we played pretty fast. But this will give us a lot of things to work on, that¡¯s for sure.¡±
¡á What looked good to Sandifer: On offense, quar¡©terback Matt Preston and the Bulldogs receivers did a good job of passing and catching the ball. They con¡©sistently moved the chains with a solid air attack. And on the other side of the ball, Wylie defensive ends Robert Miller and Sylvester Tonche provided a nice pass rush and solid run support.

¡á What he said needs work: The scrimmage ex¡©posed the Bulldogs¡¯ need for improved depth and consistency. Several play¡©ers were held out for vari¡©ous reasons and the Bull¡©dogs lack of depth showed. And after having several promising drives stall due to penalties and negative plays, the Bulldogs need to work some on red zone ef¡©fi ciency.
¡á Big play of the night: Preston hit running back Jon Miller down the side¡©line for a 35-yard touch¡©down strike to cap a 70¡©yard scoring drive and giv¡©ing the Bulldogs their only touchdown.

IrishTex
08-21-2009, 09:12 AM
From the Abilene Reporter News (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/aug/21/bulldogs-bog-down-red-zone-scrimmage/?partner=RSS)

Bulldogs bog down in red zone in scrimmage

The Wylie football team scrimmaged Monahans on the road Thursday and the Bulldogs came away from their first game-type action with a better idea of what they need to work on in the week leading up to their season opener.

Wylie takes on Vernon at 7:30 p.m. next Friday at renovated Bulldog Stadium.

The Bulldogs and Loboes played a two-part scrimmage, starting with a controlled portion during which both teams’ first- and second- string units got 20 plays on offense and defense. The workout ended with two 15-minute running-clock periods.

Wylie scored its only touchdown of the night on its first possession of the controlled portion. Monahans’ first-string offense answered with a score of its own on the ensuing possession.

The only other touchdown came from the Monahans second string. Both teams were held scoreless during period play.

“We got down in the red zone four or five times and had some negative yards and some penalties that backed us out,” Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said. “But that’s what a scrimmage is for, to learn lessons, and I think our kids will learn from this.

“I was really pleased with how hard we played and I thought we played pretty fast. But this will give us a lot of things to work on, that’s for sure.”

n What looked good to Sandifer: On offense, quarterback Matt Preston and the Bulldogs receivers did a good job of passing and catching the ball. They consistently moved the chains with a solid air attack.

And on the other side of the ball, Wylie defensive ends Robert Miller and Sylvester Tonche provided a nice pass rush and solid run support.

n What he said needs work: The scrimmage exposed the Bulldogs’ need for improved depth and consistency. Several players were held out for various reasons and the Bulldogs lack of depth showed.

And after having several promising drives stall due to penalties and negative plays, the Bulldogs need to work some on red zone efficiency.

n Big play of the night: Preston hit running back Jon Miller down the sideline for a 35-yard touchdown strike to cap a 70-yard scoring drive and giving the Bulldogs their only touchdown.

ccmom
08-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Why??? :confused:

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Why??? :confused:

I could have watched it if it would've been in Abilene.

ccmom
08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I could have watched it if it would've been in Abilene.

DUH!! Sorry....I read your post wrong. :confused: Save this post....I am admitting I was WRONG!!:eek:

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2009, 12:27 PM
DUH!! Sorry....I read your post wrong. :confused: Save this post....I am admitting I was WRONG!!:eek:

Haha. Don't worry I will save it. :D

ccmom
08-21-2009, 12:32 PM
HAHAHA!! I almost choked on my lunch! Nice signature, smarty pants!! :rolleyes: ;)

Sweetwater Red
08-21-2009, 12:45 PM
HAHAHA!! I almost choked on my lunch! Nice signature, smarty pants!! :rolleyes: ;)

Thank you. I think I'm gonna keep it a while. :)