PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer- New Boston

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 11:14 AM
:nerd: Going to watch Gilmer at New Boston tonight. Want to see what the Buckeyes have this year.:confused: :confused:

waterboy
08-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by LE Dad
:nerd: Going to watch Gilmer at New Boston tonight. Want to see what the Buckeyes have this year.:confused: :confused:
I won't be able to make it.:( Let us know what you think afterward.;)

BuckeyeNut
08-20-2009, 02:56 PM

Lucky make sure u sit on the Gilmer Side.

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Lucky make sure u sit on the Gilmer Side.
Lol, I would not sit on any other side, tonight Next time I see the Buckeyes though I will be across the way. I always try to sit on the winning side you know.

waterboy
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Lol, I would not sit on any other side, tonight Next time I see the Buckeyes though I will be across the way. I always try to sit on the winning side you know.
In that case, I'll save you a seat on the Gilmer side.:D

BuckeyeNut
08-20-2009, 04:11 PM

Make sure you wear something Orange and Black

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
NB did not score on first series of plays but was able to gash the D on a couple of zone reads for 20+ yds and a 30 yds jump ball over smaller Gilmer db. The D did its job though and held NB out of end zone.
Gilmer passing game was flawless in their first series. They did have couple of big runs, including 1 TD called back. Score G 3 NB 0.

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
One word for NB second offense, INEPT! They either lacked the ability or lacked the desire to do anything other than pitch rt pitch lft. Not against the Gilmer D. I lost count of yards lost, but needless to say, if they got a first down I was asleep. Could a Buckeye fan nudge a guy now and then.
The Buckeye second O started off VERY sluggish, but picked up with 3 quick scores on 2 screens and a short hitch. Somebodys dbs need to work on tackling

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 08:06 PM
OK, I have seen a first!! Both benches cleared in a near brawl at a freakn scrimmage...lol

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
Timed period ended with 2:41 in 1st Qtr. A late hit by NB on QB began a bench clear incident. Shortly thereafter Gilmer turned ball over at goalline. NB promply retuned the favor and Gilmer walked into the endzone being patted on the back by NB d backs. NB drove down the field on the opening possession but turned ball over well short on a daring 4th and 3 dive play. Final G 1st team 4-0 over NB, 2nd team added 3 Gilmer, once again has a 40 + point offensive machine. The defense though has 2 problems. 1. Overpursuit 2. Lack of height in the db positions. Question is can anyone exploit these and put the ball in the endzone?? I see another high scoring game in Texarkana guys.

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Make sure you wear something Orange and Black Don't think thats gonna happen though. Still see a 42-49 score. Usual LE - Gilmer.

lulu
08-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Ok all you Upshur County Buddies: Flag, Waterboy and the rest of you.
I just returned from the Pine Tree Jacksonville Spring Hill scrimmage. All I can say is Move over and make room for me.

I don't know I may just have to sit home. The boys...........well never mind.

They have heart but that's about all. Some decent running and passing and a fair bit of good def., poor off. line. Over all not looking good to me.

I want more for them but I just don't see it happening.

waterboy
08-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by lulu
Ok all you Upshur County Buddies: Flag, Waterboy and the rest of you.
I just returned from the Pine Tree Jacksonville Spring Hill scrimmage. All I can say is Move over and make room for me.

I don't know I may just have to sit home. The boys...........well never mind.

They have heart but that's about all. Some decent running and passing and a fair bit of good def., poor off. line. Over all not looking good to me.

I want more for them but I just don't see it happening.
Lulu, we'll make you an honorary Buckeye. Instead of watching the Panthers this year, you can come to the Buckeye games. I'll save a seat for ya.:D After all, you do live in Upshur County.;)

waterboy
08-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Don't think thats gonna happen though. Still see a 42-49 score. Usual LE - Gilmer.
I don't think it will be that high scoring. Take away a TD from each team and you may be close.

Scores from the last 3 Gilmer/Liberty-Eylau games:

'06 - Liberty-Eylau 39 Gilmer 36
'07 - Gilmer 41 Liberty-Eylau 26
'08 - Gilmer 28 Liberty-Eylau 14

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I don't think it will be that high scoring. Take away a TD from each team and you may be close.

'08 - Gilmer 28 Liberty-Eylau 14 Your right could even be lower. I forgot to take into account that we will be playing on grass for first time.

garciap77
08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

'08 - Gilmer 28 Liberty-Eylau 14

Are you posting from home?:eek: :eek: :eek:

waterboy
08-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by garciap77
:doh: Nope..........I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!:p

Yes, I occasionally post from home.;)

BuckeyeNut
08-21-2009, 08:34 AM
naw he is posting for the buckeye cave he is on duty this week. thanks for the updates LE DAD cant wait until we come up there. LULU u can come on over the the gilmer camp its ok.
:D :D

garciap77
08-21-2009, 08:41 AM
naw he is posting for the buckeye cave he is on duty this week. thanks for the updates LE DAD cant wait until we come up there. LULU u can come on over the the gilmer camp its ok.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ManCave.jpg

Nice Cave waterboy! Who's all there with you?:D

P.S. You need to change your colors! Get rid of the Supeman pillow!:D

BuckeyeNut
08-21-2009, 08:45 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/ManCave.jpg

Nice Cave waterboy! Who's all there with you?:D

P.S. You need to change your colors! Get rid of the Supeman pillow!:D

WRONG CAVE REMEMBER WE HAVE 8 FLAT SCREENS IN THE FIELD HOUSE YOU NO THE CAVE IS WAY MORE PIMPED THAN THAT

lulu
08-21-2009, 06:10 PM

Thanks flag...sorry just getting on the boards. Had a tooth pulled this AM. Man after last night I am not too encouraged. Maybe they will improve.