PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watching Hard Knocks this season?

BreckTxLonghorn
08-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Very interesting look into the Bengals. Thoughts?

kaorder1999
08-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Chad Johnson seems to be a lot more managale then I thought he would be. I think Marvin Lewis does a good job with these guys. Was surprised to see how involved the owner was.....

goosealaniz
08-20-2009, 11:25 AM
i think everybody from Vernon is watching it because of Bernard Scott

BreckTxLonghorn
08-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Chad Johnson seems to be a lot more managale then I thought he would be. I think Marvin Lewis does a good job with these guys. Was surprised to see how involved the owner was.....

Agreed on both counts. In all honesty, Ochocino really isn't a bad person: he doesn't drink, doesn't go crazy when he goes out, he's just loud. Almost seems insecure in a way.

Love Marvin Lewis. There's a reason he's still coaching there after the poor seasons. It seems he's a very good coach, but things just haven't worked out.

I got two very interesting things on there:

1) Carson Palmer is very quietly one of the funniest people to listen to. Holy crap he had some good zingers. Best line of the night:

Chad OC: "Laveraneus sleeps in some space ship bed. Hyperbaric or something. Must be expensive. I can't afford no hyperbaric chamber."
Palmer (from off screen/back of locker room): "Bull $h!+ Chad!"

2) I don't know how long Chris Henry will play this season. It still seems he hasn't matured at all, talking about changing his ways one minute, the next pushing people in the back as they walk away, then taunting in front of peewee footballers at a preseason game. He's got some speed, but still a lot of growing up to do. Considering how well the Bengals have treated him you'd think he shape up quicker.

handNthedirt
08-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Agreed on both counts. In all honesty, Ochocino really isn't a bad person: he doesn't drink, doesn't go crazy when he goes out, he's just loud. Almost seems insecure in a way.

Love Marvin Lewis. There's a reason he's still coaching there after the poor seasons. It seems he's a very good coach, but things just haven't worked out.

I got two very interesting things on there:

1) Carson Palmer is very quietly one of the funniest people to listen to. Holy crap he had some good zingers. Best line of the night:

Chad OC: "Laveraneus sleeps in some space ship bed. Hyperbaric or something. Must be expensive. I can't afford no hyperbaric chamber."
Palmer (from off screen/back of locker room): "Bull $h!+ Chad!"

2) I don't know how long Chris Henry will play this season. It still seems he hasn't matured at all, talking about changing his ways one minute, the next pushing people in the back as they walk away, then taunting in front of peewee footballers at a preseason game. He's got some speed, but still a lot of growing up to do. Considering how well the Bengals have treated him you'd think he shape up quicker.

I couldn't agree more...palmer cracks me up and chad johnsons insecurities seems to be a common denominator with premadonna athletes. where did jordan palmer come from and when?

Child Please.

blowfish
08-20-2009, 04:14 PM
I think the years Hard Knocks has proved why Roy Williams is no longer a Dallas Cowboy!