PDA

View Full Version : Greenwood - 13 / Sweetwater - 6

Ranger Mom
09-13-2002, 11:56 PM
WOW!! After an hour rain/lightning/high wind delay, we finally took the field - emotions were running HIGH!! It was an exciting game from beginning to the very end. Sweetwater QB is AWESOME to watch!! It was a hard fought game down to the very last second.

audasmom7
09-14-2002, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
WOW!! After an hour rain/lightning/high wind delay, we finally took the field - emotions were running HIGH!! It was an exciting game from beginning to the very end. Sweetwater QB is AWESOME to watch!! It was a hard fought game down to the very last second.
TRUE.......... BUt Our guys WIN...........WOOHOO

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 12:12 AM
nice win for the Rangers.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 12:14 AM
Yes, they did. It was a nail biter and I am still on pins and needles. It's over with the end result that I was hoping for. Those types of games WEAR ME OUT!!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif WAY TO GO RANGERS!!!!!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Ranger Mom 70
09-14-2002, 12:32 AM
What a game !!!!! My hat is off to Sweetwater - they are a "Great" team !!! It was a nail-biter to the end !!! I guess it was a New Year !!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

sinton66
09-14-2002, 01:33 AM
Congratulations Rangermom and Greenwood!

vet93
09-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Congratulations on a great win RangerMom. I knew it would be a dandy game. Sweetwater is a great team. Do ya'll have Snyder next? If so, then it doesn't get any easier. This tough pre-district schedule will make ya'll that much better in the playoffs.

audasmom7
09-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Why haven't we heard from the mustang fans? I know they are on here...

[This message has been edited by audasmom7 (edited September 14, 2002).]

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Yes Vet. You are right, we have Snyder next Friday (which is our homecoming) and then play Andrews at the Sports Complex Saturday the 28th. Then finally, a well-deserved week off. Who does Ballinger play next??

Originally posted by vet93:
Congratulations on a great win RangerMom. I knew it would be a dandy game. Sweetwater is a great team. Do ya'll have Snyder next? If so, then it doesn't get any easier. This tough pre-district schedule will make ya'll that much better in the playoffs.

tors2002
09-14-2002, 10:00 AM
I just hope ya'll dont tick off evry team in 3-3A, you know we have to play them in games that really count, LOL.

I could just kick the UIL in A_ _ for taking Greenwod out of the district. I think if ya'll make the playoffs, then your 1st or 2nd round will be against 3-3A. Greenwood and Lamesa was building to be a great rival the last couple of years. We are only like 55 miles apart so the travel was alot better.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 10:13 AM
I agree Tors. The games between the 2 of us were heated for sure. But they were ALWAYS an exciting game to be at, and..I had time to get home and watch "The Final Score."

Who does Lamesa play next??

vet93
09-14-2002, 10:42 AM
We play Breckenridge next and then finish with Wall. Interesting note...when we played Bangs last week they were 2A and we were 3A. Their enrollment according to their sup. was 341 ours was 340. The same thing could happen when we play Wall.

Yes Vet. You are right, we have Snyder next Friday (which is our homecoming) and then play Andrews at the Sports Complex Saturday the 28th. Then finally, a well-deserved week off. Who does Ballinger play next??

wildstangs
09-14-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by audasmom7:
Why haven't we heard from the mustang fans? I know they are on here...

[This message has been edited by audasmom7 (edited September 14, 2002).]

I am the only Sweetwater person on the board that i know of. Was a great game. It doesnt get any better for us either. We get Andrews for homecoming this week! The rangers are great, and we would love to see yall again. Maybe we will have a kicking game by then also.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 07:47 PM
Hey wildstangs, I was wondering where you were. That was a great game to witness, no matter who you were rooting for. The weather could have been better though. I have never played an outdoor sport, so I have always kinda wondered if being so pumped up for a game and then having to delay it like that does anything to the guys - mentally?? Anyway, what time did ya'll roll back into Sweetwater this morning??

wildstangs
09-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Hey wildstangs, I was wondering where you were. That was a great game to witness, no matter who you were rooting for. The weather could have been better though. I have never played an outdoor sport, so I have always kinda wondered if being so pumped up for a game and then having to delay it like that does anything to the guys - mentally?? Anyway, what time did ya'll roll back into Sweetwater this morning??

I think there is a mental breakdown when there is a delay. Of course it just depends on your discipline. When I was a senior in H.S. we were delayed before the Ballinger game. Of course it was only 30 minutes, but I thought we lost a lot of energy. Again, I dont wanna take anything away from Greenwood. We got back at 1:30 this morning. We stopped at Sonic in Stanton for a snack. Overall it was a good trip. That is the latest I have ever gotten out of a football game. We wer thinking what if this game goes overtime?!@?!

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Even though we pulled it off at the end, I didn't think Greenwood played their best game. Maybe it was just because I was wet and cold,(and had no clue where my kids were) but there seemed to be times when both teams almost seemed to be playing in a panic. But, like I said it may have just been the fact that I was in a panic. Nerve-wracking is the only word I can say for last night.

MustangFan03
09-15-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs:
I am the only Sweetwater person on the board that i know of. Was a great game. It doesnt get any better for us either. We get Andrews for homecoming this week! The rangers are great, and we would love to see yall again. Maybe we will have a kicking game by then also.
Maybe not the only one!!!