PDA

View Full Version : Yendrey making noise at TCU

Cowboy_Up
08-19-2009, 04:40 PM
True freshman DJ Yendrey from Edna is turning some heads at TCU. DJ is a late bloomer who was getting crazy strong and fast at the end of last year. Not only was he the fastest kid in school, but he also had the highest vertical leap, not bad for a kid who is 6'4" and 250+.
I thought he would redshirt his freshman year, but I guess it's possible he could end up playing.

From the DMN,

FORT WORTH – With 104 players in camp, it's hard for every athlete to make an impact that catches the eye of Gary Patterson.

Freshman running back Matthew Tucker is making it hard to miss him with a spectacular preseason camp.

Patterson said others who have impressed him during the past week include wide receiver Skye Dawson, offensive lineman D.J. Yendrey, defensive tackle Stansly Maponga and linebacker Kenny Cain.

"You just don't notice them when they're playing in the two-deep as freshmen," Patterson said. "But when they're going against your No. 1s you take notice."

Old Green
08-19-2009, 06:11 PM
Watching Yendrey last year, I knew he was going to be good on the college level. Good luck to him at TCU.

SHSBulldog00
08-19-2009, 10:24 PM
I was impressed with D.J. last year at Edna. TCU got a great person as well as a football player.

Z motion 10 out on 2
08-20-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm applying for a job at TCU. Wish me luck...this is my dream job.

garciap77
08-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I'm applying for a job at TCU. Wish me luck...this is my dream job.

Good luck!