PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater Mustangs, Change in Scheme (News Video}

Phantom Stang
08-19-2009, 04:02 PM
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/content/video/?watch=1&cid=166792

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2009, 04:17 PM
KRBC did a helluva alot better job than KTXS's preview. That is for sure.

Rocket
08-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Hmmmmmm... I remember when the Lions went from Bone to Spread. Except we had to do it in 4A. Depending on your QB (tools and vision and ability to read coverages), I would say the stangs have a lot better chance to do something in 3A with the spread attack, but it will cost you at least 5-6 games. Good luck this year.

STANG RED
08-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Hmmmmmm... I remember when the Lions went from Bone to Spread. Except we had to do it in 4A. Depending on your QB (tools and vision and ability to read coverages), I would say the stangs have a lot better chance to do something in 3A with the spread attack, but it will cost you at least 5-6 games. Good luck this year.

Spread?:confused: Did you watch the video?

Sweetwater Red
08-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Hey Stang Red. The I, pro set, and spread all are
the same in Brownwood for those posters that don't
know anything about X's and O's. Lol

Rocket
08-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Not really, I just saw passing drills and kids bobbling catches against air. LOL Then I got a phone call and said, eh, not worh watching it over. I thought I read your coach likes the spread?

Long season for the Stangs coming up (talking about losses not a deep run)... actually, I could careless about what Sweetwater is running.

OK I rewatched it..I hope your Qb knows the difference between the I, Pro, and Spread.. LOL After all, he has been running it what, 2 weeks?

STANG RED
08-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Not really, I just saw passing drills and kids bobbling catches against air. LOL Then I got a phone call and said, eh, not worh watching it over. I thought I read your coach likes the spread?

Long season for the Stangs coming up (talking about losses not a deep run)... actually, I could careless about what Sweetwater is running.

OK I rewatched it..I hope your Qb knows the difference between the I, Pro, and Spread.. LOL After all, he has been running it what, 2 weeks?

Unlike the wood, who went 3-7 last year with a system they had been running for years. I bet we do better than that with a new system.

ivchris
08-19-2009, 09:38 PM
Man, StangRed nailed that one....:clap:

garciap77
08-19-2009, 09:46 PM

Originally posted by STANG RED
Unlike the wood, who went 3-7 last year with a system they had been running for years. I bet we do better than that with a new system.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AGPZ9VOCAPZLY98CAOMKOHGCA96KMY8C-1.jpg:D http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AGPZ9VOCAPZLY98CAOMKOHGCA96KMY8C-1.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/AGPZ9VOCAPZLY98CAOMKOHGCA96KMY8C-1.jpg:D

Rocket
08-19-2009, 11:14 PM

Nahh..our offense was better than any sweetwater offense, EVER.

Defense on the other hand...

garciap77
08-19-2009, 11:22 PM

Passed your bed time!:D

;)

garciap77
08-19-2009, 11:24 PM

:confused::confused::confused:

Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Kinda like Sweetwater has a lot more wins against
Brownwood (19) than Brownwood has against
Sweetwater(6)?:thinking:

:D :D :D

STANG RED
08-19-2009, 11:37 PM

No doubt yall had a great offense. Maybe even the best in the state. But in all honesty, it was also a huge contributor to your defenses woes. Your defense never had a chance to catch their breath. Clock managment, and keeping the ball out of the other offenses hands, is every bit as (or more) important as scoring lots of points. You've got at least 7 game films that'll prove that point. Teams with a balanced attack, are the ones with the right idea. At least the Mustangs are finally trying to get there.

Rocket
08-19-2009, 11:45 PM
No doubt yall had a great offense. Maybe even the best in the state. But in all honesty, it was also a huge contributor to your defenses woes. Your defense never had a chance to catch their breath. Clock managment, and keeping the ball out of the other offenses hands, is every bit as (or more) important as scoring lots of points. You've got at least 7 game films that'll prove that point. Teams with a balanced attack, are the ones with the right idea. At least the Mustangs are finally trying to get there.

Funny you mention balance attack. You will se the best one you have seen in years when you play Brownwood. And that is no homeristic lie.

You are correct. But if we throw the ball and nobody knows how to cover a WR in 3A, I guess we should have told the WR's to just take a dive? LOL It was quite a strange season last year. We couldn't make stops fresh or winded, so it didn't really matter.