PDA

View Full Version : What is north of Gilmer and east of Celina ?

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 03:53 PM
I find it amazing that there is no one on here from Northeast Texas. If you are on here, speak up. Atlanta I know your probably still hurting from that Gilmer disaster. Keep telling yourself it was only a scrimmage. New Boston you have em tomorrow, don't be nervous, I am giving you props cause I think you can make it a challenge. Will you come out ahead ??? Lol NO! Pleasant Grove try not to wait till week 9 to tell everyone how you knew this was going to be a great year all along. Pittsburg come on guys step up, I have seen your fans pack the stands year after year. Mt Vernon...oh maybe you guys better look for a girls basketball forum.

waterboy
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
:clap: :doh: :D

By the way, GILMER is in Northeast Texas!:D

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Henderson? :D

BuckeyeNut
08-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Not many from North East Texas on here. We have to put up with all the southern and Western boys and girls:doh: :doh:

lulu
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

So is Spring Hill:clap:

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Yeah, I was gonna say WOS but didn't want to hear bout that 79 % winning pct. Lol

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Most of those fans post on smoaky

Rabid Cougar
08-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Nothing that matters?

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Black Flag
Not many from North East Texas on here. We have to put up with all the southern and Western boys and girls:doh: :doh:
No joke! I think West Orange and Wylie have already scouted each other for their pending playoff game. I was so happy they moved you guys outta our region. Yall were the toughest game we played in 2006 and 2007. Shame it was in 1st round. Now we get to play yall in regular season and if we are lucky in the Title game. Sorry Wylie and WOS but didn't mean to project so far ahead.

WOS87
08-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by LE Dad
I find it amazing that there is no one on here from Northeast Texas. If you are on here, speak up. Atlanta I know your probably still hurting from that Gilmer disaster. Keep telling yourself it was only a scrimmage. New Boston you have em tomorrow, don't be nervous, I am giving you props cause I think you can make it a challenge. Will you come out ahead ??? Lol NO! Pleasant Grove try not to wait till week 9 to tell everyone how you knew this was going to be a great year all along. Pittsburg come on guys step up, I have seen your fans pack the stands year after year. Mt Vernon...oh maybe you guys better look for a girls basketball forum.

It is true most of that crowd hangs out over on smoaky but there is definitely a lot of talent up there... 5 out of the last 20 (25%) 3A State Champs over the past 10 seasons have been north of Gilmer and east of Celina (Liberty-Eylau x 2, Commerce x 2 and Atlanta)

Twirling Time
08-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Arkansas?

lulu
08-20-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Most of those fans post on smoaky

That's a mans board. IMO

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Arkansas? Very close to it. Could be worse?? Could have said Oklahoma.

LE Dad
08-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by WOS87
It is true most of that crowd hangs out over on smoaky but there is definitely a lot of talent up there... 5 out of the last 20 (25%) 3A State Champs over the past 10 seasons have been north of Gilmer and east of Celina (Liberty-Eylau x 2, Commerce x 2 and

Atlanta)
You are the stat king my friend. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

bevodidit
08-21-2009, 09:38 AM
I'm from ET (4A Whitehouse). But I am just trolling for Celina info.
But man the Celina crowd is all over Smoaky.

There is some darn good 3A football in ET thats for sure. I wish Whitehouse would meet up with Gilmer. Two great offenses, think it would be a great game.

ctown
08-21-2009, 09:51 AM
In the last 3 seasons teams on Hwy 289 within 10 miles north of Hwy 380 have made it to 4 of 6 championship games (66%) and won 2 of 6 (33%). Does it really take an entire region of ET to match just a few square miles of north texas??:clap: :confused:

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ctown
In the last 3 seasons teams on Hwy 289 within 10 miles north of Hwy 380 have made it to 4 of 6 championship games (66%) and won 2 of 6 (33%). Does it really take an entire region of ET to match just a few square miles of north texas??:clap: :confused: Entire region?? Not hardly District 16 has 3 titles the past 10 years. Hmmm 6 teams 3 titles. I am no rocket scientist, but when I drew it out on my big chief tablet it looked pretty good. :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by bevodidit
I'm from ET (4A Whitehouse). But I am just trolling for Celina info.
But man the Celina crowd is all over Smoaky.

There is some darn good 3A football in ET thats for sure. I wish Whitehouse would meet up with Gilmer. Two great offenses, think it would be a great game. I have not seen Whitehouse in many years. The Whitehouse teams that I saw did not have the speed to hang with Gilmer. I know they have improved, but unless you have 4-6 kids that can fly at the db, Gilmer will be your worst nightmare.:eek:

Buckeye1980
08-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I am gonna assume that you are talkin football and there are other classes besides 3A (although I do love 3A most myself ) but to answer your general question...........

4A Longview D1 runner-up
Sulphur Springs D2 Champion
3A D1 Gilmer lost to Carthage who won state
2A Daingerfield -state champion

3A Gilmer -state runner up
2A Tatum -state runner up
1A Alto -state champion

3A LE- state champion
2A Tatum -state champion
1A Alto- state champion

4A marshall- runner up
3A tatum state champion
2A Omaha Paul Pewit -runner-up
1A Gilmer Big Sandy runner up

4A Kilgore state champion
3A Gilmer state champion
2A Troup runner up

3a Atlanta state champion
2a Garrison State champion

You get the idea ....could go further back , but NE Texas is PROUD!

wanna go way back in 3A only

1979 Van State champion
1980 Pittsburg state champion
1981 Gilmer runner-up
1983 Daingerfield state champion
1984 Daingerfield runner up
1985 Daingerfield state champion
1986 Jefferson state champion

Pretty decent 7 year run for NE TEXAS!

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I am gonna assume that you are talkin football and there are other classes besides 3A (although I do love 3A most myself ) but to answer your general question...........

4A Longview D1 runner-up
Sulphur Springs D2 Champion
3A D1 Gilmer lost to Carthage who won state
2A Daingerfield -state champion

3A Gilmer -state runner up
2A Tatum -state runner up
1A Alto -state champion

3A LE- state champion
2A Tatum -state champion
1A Alto- state champion

4A marshall- runner up
3A tatum state champion
2A Omaha Paul Pewit -runner-up
1A Gilmer Big Sandy runner up

4A Kilgore state champion
3A Gilmer state champion
2A Troup runner up

3a Atlanta state champion
2a Garrison State champion

You get the idea ....could go further back , but NE Texas is PROUD!

wanna go way back in 3A only

1979 Van State champion
1980 Pittsburg state champion
1981 Gilmer runner-up
1983 Daingerfield state champion
1984 Daingerfield runner up
1985 Daingerfield state champion
1986 Jefferson state champion

Pretty decent 7 year run for NE TEXAS! With good reason. I will put NE Texas record up against anyone elses in the State. If thats not good enough schedule us. # is in the book. I know Gilmer is same way. Nuff said :thinking: :crazy1: :taunt:

catgut
08-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I'm from about as far northeast Texas as you can get. Most on here don't even know where Paris is.

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by catgut
I'm from about as far northeast Texas as you can get. Most on here don't even know where Paris is. Oh, I know Paris. What do you guys look like this year. We get NL next week.

waterboy
08-21-2009, 12:01 PM
I actually met my wife in Paris.....so, yeah, I know where Paris is. It's right smack dab on the northern side of France.

Just kidding!:D My wife went to PJC and graduated from ETSU (now Texas A&M at Commerce).

catgut
08-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Oh, I know Paris. What do you guys look like this year. We get NL next week.
We are looking pretty fair so far. We'll have a sophmore qb this year. Actually have two of them and both are looking better than what we've had last couple of years. We should get killed next week against Sulphur Springs but maybe by time we catch you all in week 4 or 5 we'll be playing pretty good.

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
I actually met my wife in Paris.....so, yeah, I know where Paris is. It's right smack dab on the northern side of France.

Just kidding!:D My wife went to PJC and graduated from ETSU (now Texas A&M at Commerce). I wished I was in France, after that long a*# drive down Hwy 82, most of time behind a cattle truck. Then had to deal with all those 300 pounders you guys grow over there. Makes me need a muscle relaxer just thinking about it.:doh: :doh:

catgut
08-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I wished I was in France, after that long a*# drive down Hwy 82, most of time behind a cattle truck. Then had to deal with all those 300 pounders you guys grow over there. Makes me need a muscle relaxer just thinking about it.:doh: :doh:
82 can be a major pain in the butt after a ballgame. Always some slow trucks on that road.

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 12:29 PM
We are looking pretty fair so far. We'll have a sophmore qb this year. Actually have two of them and both are looking better than what we've had last couple of years. We should get killed next week against Sulphur Springs but maybe by time we catch you all in week 4 or 5 we'll be playing pretty good. I will get my first look at our deep snap and punt game tomorrow. That has consistently cost us points the past 2 years. If that is there look out this team is loaded

LE Dad
08-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Nothing that matters? Hey guy congratulations on that State Title last year. That QB you guys had was awesome. Oh wait that was SULPHUR Springs... My bad.
:taunt::foul:

Twirling Time
08-23-2009, 04:05 PM
82 can be a major pain in the butt after a ballgame. Always some slow trucks on that road.

And a Smokey Bear every dozen miles.

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
And a Smokey Bear every dozen miles. :mad: oh yeah, almost had that image blocked. Thought dude was gonna strip search me.:foul:

Aesculus gilmus
08-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Calling Big Sandy "Gilmer Big Sandy" is going to get a rise out of anyone from that incorporated city 15 miles SW of Gilmer who ever posts on here.

Since it's a 1A school, that's not likely to happen, but if someone does, I predict they'll call "BS" on that designation, pardon the pun.

If you're just trying to connect it to a larger city, it's actually closer to Gladewater than Gilmer.

PurpleFreddy
08-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I'm from about as far northeast Texas as you can get. Most on here don't even know where Paris is.

And one of the best catfish places, too!

lulu
08-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
Calling Big Sandy "Gilmer Big Sandy" is going to get a rise out of anyone from that incorporated city 15 miles SW of Gilmer who ever posts on here.

Since it's a 1A school, that's not likely to happen, but if someone does, I predict they'll call "BS" on that designation, pardon the pun.

If you're just trying to connect it to a larger city, it's actually closer to Gladewater than Gilmer.

They'll get over it.

LE Dad
08-23-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
And one of the best catfish places, too! wheres that??? I am hungry just thinkn bout it.

Buckeye80
08-23-2009, 06:43 PM
I was just informed that Spring Hill coach Robert Bero said (in a TV interview) that "Gilmer should watch out for Spring Hill this year." Is that really wise? I mean, Scott Callaway from Gladewater has called the Buckeyes out three years in a row, and it hasn't worked out too well for the Bears! I understand motivating your players, but seriously? We beat Spring Hill 55-7 last year and have almost our entire team back.

lulu
08-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye80
I was just informed that Spring Hill coach Robert Bero said (in a TV interview) that "Gilmer should watch out for Spring Hill this year." Is that really wise? I mean, Scott Callaway from Gladewater has called the Buckeyes out three years in a row, and it hasn't worked out too well for the Bears! I understand motivating your players, but seriously? We beat Spring Hill 55-7 last year and have almost our entire team back.

Well..I have not heard that but does not sound like something Coach would say. That's not his style. Plus if you read his interview in the LNJ yesterday you would know he is just trying to put a team together that can compete and build on. I would be interested to know the source of that rumor.

Anyone who has seen the two teams knows that SH is no threat to Gilmer unless something drastic happens. Like ...Gilmer stays at home.

Seriously...I don't believe that story.:hand:

Buckeye80
08-23-2009, 07:46 PM
True, it does not sound like Robert Bero to say something like that. Even in his Longview days, I can't recall him being a "pot stirrer". The entire comment was "We plan to finish first or second in the district this year, so Gilmer had better not underestimate us." No disrespect to Spring Hill, but it just seems a little far-fetched to believe that Spring Hill has made that drastic of an improvement since last season. But then again, we were killing most of the teams we played in '04 and only beat Spring Hill 28-11 in Area when no one gave them a prayer, so ya never know! (That game is still the most crowded high school game I have ever attended.)

lulu
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
True, it does not sound like Robert Bero to say something like that. Even in his Longview days, I can't recall him being a "pot stirrer". The entire comment was "We plan to finish first or second in the district this year, so Gilmer had better not underestimate us." No disrespect to Spring Hill, but it just seems a little far-fetched to believe that Spring Hill has made that drastic of an improvement since last season. But then again, we were killing most of the teams we played in '04 and only beat Spring Hill 28-11 in Area when no one gave them a prayer, so ya never know! (That game is still the most crowded high school game I have ever attended.)

I don't know where that was written or said Buckeye , but you know as well as I do that we don't have a team that can win our district unless the Almighty intervenes.

I have said on here before I wish there was more for us but I just don't see it happening. I have a nephew on that team and I would love it if they had a team that could win everytime they suit up but I gotta be real. We do not. Not right now. They may improve as the season goes on and I hope they do but I am speaking of the present. :(

Buckeye80
08-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I don't know where that was written or said Buckeye , but you know as well as I do that we don't have a team that can win our district unless the Almighty intervenes.

I have said on here before I wish there was more for us but I just don't see it happening. I have a nephew on that team and I would love it if they had a team that could win everytime they suit up but I gotta be real. We do not. Not right now. They may improve as the season goes on and I hope they do but I am speaking of the present. :(

The Panthers should make the playoffs in my opinion. I look for a Gilmer, Tatum, Spring Hill finish with y'all unfortunately drawing Carthage in the first round (Ouch!!) But if Jasper doesn't make it in, then we will draw Carthage (again Ouch!!) and y'all could get a Diboll or Rusk in the first round. I just feel like this Gilmer team is in a class above the rest of the district right now. Our rebuilding year, (as funny as it sounds) was last year. But Spring Hill and Tatum should both be better this year! We shall see.

lulu
08-23-2009, 08:32 PM
The Panthers should make the playoffs in my opinion. I look for a Gilmer, Tatum, Spring Hill finish with y'all unfortunately drawing Carthage in the first round (Ouch!!) But if Jasper doesn't make it in, then we will draw Carthage (again Ouch!!) and y'all could get a Diboll or Rusk in the first round. I just feel like this Gilmer team is in a class above the rest of the district right now. Our rebuilding year, (as funny as it sounds) was last year. But Spring Hill and Tatum should both be better this year! We shall see.

We shall.

Twirling Time
08-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus

I think some people do it to distinguish it from Dallardsville Big Sandy in SE Texas.

waterboy
08-24-2009, 09:39 AM
wheres that??? I am hungry just thinkn bout it.
I would imagine he's talking about the Fish Fry there in Paris. Excellent catfish, tomato relish, etc. It's a lot like the original Catfish Village at Lake O' the Pines.

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 09:47 AM
I would imagine he's talking about the Fish Fry there in Paris. Excellent catfish, tomato relish, etc. It's a lot like the original Catfish Village at Lake O' the Pines. Thanx, football n catfish gotta luv it. :cool:

waterboy
08-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Thanx, football n catfish gotta luv it. :cool:
AMEN! I get stuffed everytime I eat at either place. If you eat enough, those little critters tend to swim a little........:eek: :D

LE Dad
08-24-2009, 10:15 AM
AMEN! I get stuffed everytime I eat at either place. If you eat enough, those little critters tend to swim a little........:eek: :D I never eat enough, I just get full. Gonna have to go it some for lunch. Already hungry.:D

catgut
08-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Yes, the Fish Fry is great. Not only is the fish great, the steaks are the best in town also. You'd need reservations if you're planning on going or you'd never get in. Especially on a Friday night.

waterboy
08-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I never eat enough, I just get full. Gonna have to go it some for lunch. Already hungry.:D
There ain't no really good catfish in Kilgore, so I'll have to settle for a chopped beef sandwich from Bodacious. All this talk about catfish is making me crave it.:(