PDA

View Full Version : Hey Breck

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Did you ever watch the movie 200 Cigarettes?

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Did you ever watch the movie 200 Cigarettes?

That the movie with Courtney Love?

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
That the movie with Courtney Love?

Yes and Ben & Casey Affleck, Kate Hudson and a few others

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Yes and Ben & Casey Affleck, Kate Hudson and a few others

I remember when it came out, and I think it even got some play on Comedy Central for a few years, but never watched it. Courtney Love just gets on my nerves.

Why, it good?

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Meh, it was okay. I don't know why I thought about it. LOL

I'm kind of in a stranger than normal mood today.

Paul Rudd is also in it, but if you don't like Courtney Love don't watch it because she's pretty annoying. :D

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah...unless it comes on HBO, I won't be watching.

Have you ever seen 'Beer League' with Artie Lange and the Karate Kid? What a horrible, hilarious movie.

Have you seen 'the goods' yet? I was gonna go watch it this weekend until Inglorious Basterds stepped in?

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 11:06 AM
I've tried to watch Beer Leauge a couple of times, but it's never really held my interest.

Haven't seen The Goods yet, but I plan to watch that & Inglourious Basterds next week sometime.

The Goods has not done well at the box office, right? That sucks, but I'm such a fan of Jeremy Piven that I will go watch. That might be a good Sunday movie. :thinking:

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Some of the greatest most inappropriate lines come from that movie:

"I really like this girl"
"Did you tell her about the herpes"
"Yeah, she's got it too!"

Inglorious basterds is 3 hrs. We're going to the drafthouse to watch it - hopefully they'll have an intermission so I can empty out after the first pitcher of sangria!

Not surprised on the Goods; it really didn't get a ton of press. Not everyone knows Piven as Ari Gold due to it being on HBO, and the rest of the movie is a bunch of 3rd banans (Ed Helms, David Koechner, Darryl from the Office). They're all hilarious to me, but it just doesn't give a great first impression to a casual watcher.
That, and it's 29% rating on Rotten tomatoes.

I'm still gonna go watch the hell out of it though, but I think you're right - its a matinee movie.