PDA

View Full Version : T.O.'s doin well....

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 10:09 AM
From espn.com's Page 2 Power Rankings...

According to the Sports Business Journal, Terrell Owens' VH1 reality show tied for the 798th-highest rated cable show of the week, deadlocked with a 5 a.m. airing of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" on Nick at Nite.

In Owens' defense, it was one of the "Fresh Prince" episodes where Carlton dances.

(Note: This is also an example of how those of us who watch a lot of sports tend to vastly overrate both the social importance and notoriety of professional athletes. Most people have no idea who Terrell Owens is, a vague notion that Brett Favre plays football and a sneaking suspicion that Andre Agassi just won the U.S. Open. Unless it was Tiger Woods. Of course, plenty of people also cannot locate Canada and Mexico on a map. So take this for what you will).

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 10:20 AM
798th-highest rated cable show of the week

Wow, I'm impressed!!

:rolleyes:

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

According to the Sports Business Journal, Terrell Owens' VH1 reality show tied for the 798th-highest rated cable show of the week, deadlocked with a 5 a.m. airing of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" on Nick at Nite.

In Owens' defense, it was one of the "Fresh Prince" episodes where Carlton dances.

(Note: This is also an example of how those of us who watch a lot of sports tend to vastly overrate both the social importance and notoriety of professional athletes. Most people have no idea who Terrell Owens is, a vague notion that Brett Favre plays football and a sneaking suspicion that Andre Agassi just won the U.S. Open. Unless it was Tiger Woods. Of course, plenty of people also cannot locate Canada and Mexico on a map. So take this for what you will).

The Russian cosmonaut in Armageddon comes to mind...."Is this good, or bad?" ;)

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Coincidentally, the only viewer for each show was p4s.

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Coincidentally, the only viewer for each show was p4s. :D

I was NOT watching The Fresh Prince. Who is watching tv at 5 am?

I do watch The T.O. Show, but I have not seen this week's episode. :(

Electus Unus
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM

(Note: This is also an example of how those of us who watch a lot of sports tend to vastly overrate both the social importance and notoriety of professional athletes. Most people have no idea who Terrell Owens is, a vague notion that Brett Favre plays football and a sneaking suspicion that Andre Agassi just won the U.S. Open. Unless it was Tiger Woods. Of course, plenty of people also cannot locate Canada and Mexico on a map. So take this for what you will). I bet if it was a Tom Brady reality show the viewers would be much higher.

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I bet if it was a Tom Brady reality show the viewers would be much higher.

especially if his wife was on it...

Rocket
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
THAT'S NOT FAYER!

warpig
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
I bet if it was a Tom Brady reality show the viewers would be much higher.
It would only be viewed by females and the sexually confused.