View Full Version : Texas A&M: 2009 Expectations

IrishTex
08-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Pretty good video'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mje5724zrzQ

Your thoughts?

wildstangs
08-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Is "Not getting drilled by Baylor" one of their gexpectations this year?

IrishTex
08-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

I would certainly hope so...Baylor should have a great year though...the observation for me though is..can Baylor compete with UT, Oklahoma, Texas Tech and OK State???

Time will tell, but rather than teams worry about how bad they might beat A&M, remember, every team will have it's day this year.

PhiI C
08-18-2009, 10:18 PM
A good video and the players have the right attitude. The Aggies should of course win their first 4 games and if they don't do good there it will be a long season. But if they do they should win at least 2 more games as the commentator says. After those four games if the Aggies can beat Arkansas and Oklahoma State look out!

ivchris
08-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs

And Texas, and Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State and probably Texas Tech.

tiger eye
08-19-2009, 09:14 AM
very well done.
hope the experience of johnson pays off.
woods kid looked good in spring game
very tough second half of schedule !
gig 'em

BwdLions
08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I'll make a prediction that the aggy band will be entertaining again this year. As far as the football team, I'll predict a 6-6 record.

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I'll make a prediction that the aggy band will be entertaining again this year. As far as the football team, I'll predict a 6-6 record.

The trend is up!!

:)

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 01:53 PM
There's nowhere to go but up from last year. Sherman will be in his second year....and the kids now have a year experience in his system, not to mention This will be the first year that he's actually recruited and brought in his own players on any big scale. One thing that was painfully obvious last year is that the Ags lacked speed. Sherman has addressed that w/ this year's recruiting class. The Ags will be improved over last year no doubt. I expect them to continue to get better throughout the season and coming seasons.

Gig'em!

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Can't watch the video b/c I'm at work, but I am intrigued on what the Ags can do this year, mainly with Sherman & Johnson's second year. I'm not sure if this team can do a full bounceback the year, but I think a 6-6, 7-5 like year and showing some improvement in the Oline could really set them up for next year. I know in college teams don't like to have a 'rebuilding' plan more than getting better for the next year, but I think setting up for two years out is reasonable and do-able, depending on Johnson's improvement this year.

Do they play Tech at home or on the road? I thought they played at JerryWorld, but it was Tech/Baylor.

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 02:06 PM
2009 Schedule/Results

DATE OPPONENT TV TIME (ET)
9/05 New Mexico 7:00 PM
9/19 Utah State 7:00 PM
9/26 UAB 7:00 PM
10/03 vs. Arkansas TBA
10/10 Oklahoma State 3:30 PM
10/17 @ Kansas State TBA
10/24 @ Texas Tech TBA
10/31 Iowa State 3:30 PM
11/07 @ Colorado TBA
11/14 @ Oklahoma TBA
11/21 Baylor 3:30 PM
11/26 Texas 8:00 PM
Complete Team Schedule

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
2009 Schedule/Results

DATE OPPONENT TV TIME (ET)
9/05 New Mexico 7:00 PM
9/19 Utah State 7:00 PM
9/26 UAB 7:00 PM
10/03 vs. Arkansas TBA
10/10 Oklahoma State 3:30 PM
10/17 @ Kansas State TBA
10/24 @ Texas Tech TBA
10/31 Iowa State 3:30 PM
11/07 @ Colorado TBA
11/14 @ Oklahoma TBA
11/21 Baylor 3:30 PM
11/26 Texas 8:00 PM
Complete Team Schedule

Damn that's a tough schedule for them. 6-6 would be a solid season I think and definitely build them up for the next year, where (if conf schedule flipped) they could easily go 7-5 or better.

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Can't watch the video b/c I'm at work, but I am intrigued on what the Ags can do this year, mainly with Sherman & Johnson's second year. I'm not sure if this team can do a full bounceback the year, but I think a 6-6, 7-5 like year and showing some improvement in the Oline could really set them up for next year. I know in college teams don't like to have a 'rebuilding' plan more than getting better for the next year, but I think setting up for two years out is reasonable and do-able, depending on Johnson's improvement this year.

Do they play Tech at home or on the road? I thought they played at JerryWorld, but it was Tech/Baylor. Agreed...that seems to be the path that Sherman is taking. I also agree that 6-6 or 7-5 is likely, and honestly....it's what I'm hoping for at least. That would be a vast improvment over last year. I'm anxious to see what happens. Curious to see what becomes of the likes of the kid from Beaumont, Christine Michael, the kid from Navasota, Brandal Jackson, etc. I wonder if they're red-shirted of if they'll get playing time?

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Breck, I truly agree with what you are saying and frankly, I'm impressed with it.
The Ags have a great Sophmore class that's building and as you say, in two years may proove to be a darn good team.
I think with the coach being there now in his 2nd season, there should be flashes of excellence this season as opposed to last year, and i can't wait. Coach has said on several occasions he has had to build this team from the ground up and get rid of some distracting players that didn't believe in the system. It's been a long road in this rebuilding process, but I can sense the excitement among Aggies that we are on the road back to a winning tradition.

Electus Unus
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I see A&M being 5-7 possibly 6-6 and at the best 7-5

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Agreed...that seems to be the path that Sherman is taking. I also agree that 6-6 or 7-5 is likely, and honestly....it's what I'm hoping for at least. That would be a vast improvment over last year. I'm anxious to see what happens. Curious to see what becomes of the likes of the kid from Beaumont, Christine Michael, the kid from Navasota, Brandal Jackson, etc. I wonder if they're red-shirted of if they'll get playing time?

BBDE would probably have inside info on the shirting of players, but from outside looking in, I say no way Michael redshirts. I think Sherman wants to get him PT quick. Depending on how the OL looks, they may want to get bring in whoever is a playmaker in the skill position (Michael in the flat, Jackson on slants, etc).

Johnson has a chance to be special, but he can't if the OL can't hold back the defense. I'd estimate he probably needs about 3 sec to finish a drop and get a few looks on routes, or if in the gun, let the route make a cut. The few games I saw last year he wasn't even getting that.

Again, I say, it depends on this year what happens in two. If Ags can't show solid growth in the OL, and/or an overall improvement in team speed, it won't lead to excitement for the next season, and Sherman may be gone in 3. Wish them the best though. The more teams to help increase Texas' SoS, the better :).

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 02:27 PM
BBDE would probably have inside info on the shirting of players, but from outside looking in, I say no way Michael redshirts. I think Sherman wants to get him PT quick. Depending on how the OL looks, they may want to get bring in whoever is a playmaker in the skill position (Michael in the flat, Jackson on slants, etc).

Johnson has a chance to be special, but he can't if the OL can't hold back the defense. I'd estimate he probably needs about 3 sec to finish a drop and get a few looks on routes, or if in the gun, let the route make a cut. The few games I saw last year he wasn't even getting that.

Again, I say, it depends on this year what happens in two. If Ags can't show solid growth in the OL, and/or an overall improvement in team speed, it won't lead to excitement for the next season, and Sherman may be gone in 3. Wish them the best though. The more teams to help increase Texas' SoS, the better :). Amen brotha! Very insightful. :clap:

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Amen brotha! Very insightful. :clap:

Whaddya know, Ags and Horns can have civilized conversations!

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
Whaddya know, Ags and Horns can have civilized conversations!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, that will change soon enough.
We are probably just getting the niceities out of the way for 2009..

:rolleyes:

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Whaddya know, Ags and Horns can have civilized conversations! Yup....tis possible. Hell....here's a story.

My uncle raised 3 kids in a die-hard UT household. They all wore burnt orange growing up, and watched and cheered nothing but UT Longhorn football.

All three of said children have degrees from Texas A&M now, LOL.

Ironic.

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Yup....tis possible. Hell....here's a story.

My uncle raised 3 kids in a die-hard UT household. They all wore burnt orange growing up, and watched and cheered nothing but UT Longhorn football.

All three of said children have degrees from Texas A&M now, LOL.

Ironic.

That was good!

Really and truly though..UT and A&M have such a rivalry and such a long history of said rivalry, but I remember back during the tragedy at A&M and the bonfire...I remember UT students were some of the first people to offer help to Texas A&M. When it gets down to it...we are all people helping people..and when life happens, and when life is a serious matter...I am willing to bet we all help each other out.

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 02:56 PM
That was good!

Really and truly though..UT and A&M have such a rivalry and such a long history of said rivalry, but I remember back during the tragedy at A&M and the bonfire...I remember UT students were some of the first people to offer help to Texas A&M. When it gets down to it...we are all people helping people..and when life happens, and when life is a serious matter...I am willing to bet we all help each other out. Yup....agreed...I remember that myself.

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Pretty good video'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mje5724zrzQ

Your thoughts?

Texas A&M has a football program?

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Keystonepride
Texas A&M has a football program? Austin has hetrosexuals?!?! :p

BreckTxLonghorn
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Austin has hetrosexuals?!?! :p

DAMMIT YES!:mad:

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 03:30 PM
DAMMIT YES!:mad: LOL!!! COME'ON!! He had it coming....one smartazz comment deserves another!!

No harm no foul! :D

BwdLions
08-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Austin has hetrosexuals?!?! :p

Hey it's not UT's fault Austin is such a liberal town. There's a lot of strange people that live there (and some of them are smart enough to get into UT).

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 05:26 PM
LOL!!! COME'ON!! He had it coming....one smartazz comment deserves another!!

No harm no foul! :D

HAHAHA he had to pull out the sexual insult because talking about football would be a disaster....

With the success of the Big 12 gaining national respect, A&M will never produce a consistent winner because they are getting out-recruited nationwide, and with the in-state talent. That trend will continue for a long long time.

but have fun with your gay jokes.

lol

IrishTex
08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
they are getting out-recruited nationwide, and with the in-state talent.

I don't believe that to be true.

:thinking: :crazy:

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
HAHAHA he had to pull out the sexual insult because talking about football would be a disaster....

With the success of the Big 12 gaining national respect, A&M will never produce a consistent winner because they are getting out-recruited nationwide, and with the in-state talent. That trend will continue for a long long time.

but have fun with your gay jokes.

lol First.....it was a joke....so lighten up Francis. Second.....A&M has beaten UT 2 of the last 3 years if I'm not mistaken....talent or no talent as you are insinuating. Lastly....I'd say this year A&M had a pretty respectable recruiting class. Go ahead and do your homework and you'll see that I'm right on all accounts. Have a good evening.

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 07:12 PM
First.....it was a joke....so lighten up Francis. Second.....A&M has beaten UT 2 of the last 3 years if I'm not mistaken....talent or no talent as you are insinuating. Lastly....I'd say this year A&M had a pretty respectable recruiting class. Go ahead and do your homework and you'll see that I'm right on all accounts. Have a good evening. Now who needs to lighten up? :p

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Now who needs to lighten up? :p oh thank heavens you're here....... :rolleyes: :D

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Rita.....you know I was kidding right? :p

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 08:24 PM
First.....it was a joke....so lighten up Francis. Second.....A&M has beaten UT 2 of the last 3 years if I'm not mistaken....talent or no talent as you are insinuating. Lastly....I'd say this year A&M had a pretty respectable recruiting class. Go ahead and do your homework and you'll see that I'm right on all accounts. Have a good evening.

Alright I have finished my homework and you are right A&M did have a respectable class, as a matter of fact they have had a respectable class the past 4 years....

if you are playing for 3rd best then pat yourself on the back because you are consistently hitting that mark.

Texas and Oklahoma have cast such a HUGE shadow over the Aggies in the past decade it will be EXTREMELY difficult for a&m to climb out of it. The Aggies classes have ranked behind both Tex and Okla the past 4 years and that trend will not change anytime soon.

Texas is playing for a National Championship this year, just as they have over the past few.

A&M is playing to beat Texas, and since their team is filled with boys from the state of Texas sometimes they do.

They will always be second fiddle in the great state of Texas and usually 3rd-7th in the Big 12.

Good luck though. And if you are bringing out the "History" of the series, try to go back a little farther than 3 years...

although you may not like what you find.

You have a great evening as well.

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Alright I have finished my homework and you are right A&M did have a respectable class, as a matter of fact they have had a respectable class the past 4 years....

if you are playing for 3rd best then pat yourself on the back because you are consistently hitting that mark.

Texas and Oklahoma have cast such a HUGE shadow over the Aggies in the past decade it will be EXTREMELY difficult for a&m to climb out of it. The Aggies classes have ranked behind both Tex and Okla the past 4 years and that trend will not change anytime soon.

Texas is playing for a National Championship this year, just as they have over the past few.

A&M is playing to beat Texas, and since their team is filled with boys from the state of Texas sometimes they do.

They will always be second fiddle in the great state of Texas and usually 3rd-7th in the Big 12.

Good luck though. And if you are bringing out the "History" of the series, try to go back a little farther than 3 years...

although you may not like what you find.

You have a great evening as well. I'm well aware of the full history of the series....I was pointing out that even w/ the severe talent shortage that you have pointed out, the Aggies have managed to beat the Longhorns in recent years. Nothing more.

As far as playing for a national champ.... I wish them the best, and they have the talent to do it, I agree...but to already punch their card before a snap has even taken....that's bold.

Long story short....you came in here being a wiseass & made a smartass comment.....I made one back in jest....you got your feelings hurt and basically resorted to the ole "well your team sucks" bit.

Before I wrap this up....I have one, serious, honest question.

Why is it that UT fan has to bash A&M's program constantly from your big perch up there in "We're Superior & We're Going to Remind You Every 18 Seconds Land" ?

We as A&M Fans KNOW that Texas & OU get the "better" recruits. We KNOW that UT is up in the series all time. We KNOW that you consider OU your REAL rival, WE KNOW!!....so why everytime there is an A&M thread.....is it the same old crap from UT fan? Yeah...we get it UT fan...but from time to time, w/ our vastly inferior team, silly tradions, & whatever else you can think of to bash on.......we still pull off a win against the Horns. Maybe it's because you've forgotten it's a rivalry & we haven't? I don't know.

Now that my rant is over....good luck to the Horns. I'll be cheering for you when you play OU later his season.

Big Papa
08-19-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm well aware of the full history of the series....I was pointing out that even w/ the severe talent shortage that you have pointed out, the Aggies have managed to beat the Longhorns in recent years. Nothing more.

As far as playing for a national champ.... I wish them the best, and they have the talent to do it, I agree...but to already punch their card before a snap has even taken....that's bold.

Long story short....you came in here being a wiseass & made a smartass comment.....I made one back in jest....you got your feelings hurt and basically resorted to the ole "well your team sucks" bit.

Why is it that UT fan has to bash A&M's program constantly from your big perch up there in "We're Superior & We're Going to Remind You Every 18 Seconds Land" ?

We as A&M Fans KNOW that Texas & OU get the "better" recruits. We KNOW that UT is up in the series all time. We KNOW that you consider OU your REAL rival, WE KNOW!!....so why everytime there is an A&M thread.....is it the same old crap from UT fan? Yeah...we get it UT fan...but from time to time, w/ our vastly inferior team, silly tradions, & whatever else you can think of to bash on.......we still pull off a win against the Horns. Maybe it's because you've forgotten it's a rivalry & we haven't? I don't know.

Now that my rant is over....good luck to the Horns. I'll be cheering for you when you play OU later his season.

good thing he was the one that got his feelings hurt and not you

sahen
08-19-2009, 08:59 PM
people that speak in absolutes about college football drive me nuts...the chances of one team always being better than another team are pretty much 0...at one time Rice was the best team in Texas...there are teams that are more consistant but pretty much every team has their time...

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
good thing he was the one that got his feelings hurt and not you And another witty one here. It's not my so much my feelings got hurt as it is I'm tired of the same broken record that some of you UT fans like to put on every season. Give it a rest. It's stupid crap like that ...that got college threads banned on this board last year.

CueroDad08
08-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Going to be a LONG LONG season

big daddy russ
08-19-2009, 09:10 PM
First UT/A&M jabs. Yup, football season's officially here.

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
First UT/A&M jabs. Yup, football season's officially here. And it looks like I'll be home for most of it as it turns out!! YAY! Goodbye Iraq and Afghanistan!! It'll be good to get home, see my family, shoot something, put it on the grill, drink beer, & watch some football!! :clap:

Hope you are well Russ.

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
1-11 would be fine just as long as the 1 is Arkansas.

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
good thing he was the one that got his feelings hurt and not you Who hurt whos feelings?? Someone needs to take their bp meds or they will miss the bonfire.

LE Dad
08-19-2009, 09:43 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well, that will change soon enough.
We are probably just getting the niceities out of the way for 2009..

:rolleyes:
Oh how right you were!!

I_DONT_CARE
08-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Give it a rest. It's stupid crap like that ...that got college threads banned on this board last year.
THATS NOT WHAT I READ. :rolleyes:

big daddy russ
08-19-2009, 09:59 PM
And it looks like I'll be home for most of it as it turns out!! YAY! Goodbye Iraq and Afghanistan!! It'll be good to get home, see my family, shoot something, put it on the grill, drink beer, & watch some football!! :clap:

Hope you are well Russ.
Good stuff. And we're well.

Get back safe, bro.

TheDOCTORdre
08-19-2009, 10:03 PM
And another witty one here. It's not my so much my feelings got hurt as it is I'm tired of the same broken record that some of you UT fans like to put on every season. Give it a rest. It's stupid crap like that ...that got college threads banned on this board last year.

yes we all know its only UT fans that sound like a broken record on here...all college fans do it...dont be upset that UT's broken record is "We have the talent to win the Big XII and perhaps play for a National Championship" while a&m's broken record track is "we'll get you next year" :D ... (and just to clarify thats a playful jab, i dont want this thread to get closed)

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm well aware of the full history of the series....I was pointing out that even w/ the severe talent shortage that you have pointed out, the Aggies have managed to beat the Longhorns in recent years. Nothing more.

I truly am sorry you could not recognize the obvious sarcasm in my original post. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Just jokes man, Just jokes.

Secondly, their card is already punched Gigger. Obviously they have to go undefeated, so every game they play is for the National Title. They also will play a high ranked Okla team. The winner of this game, minus any stumbles, should play for the national Title. My point is the path is laid out for them with the ranking they have right now. It's not bold. It's fact.

I am sorry that A&M as a football family is struggling the way you are. I would much rather being going toe to toe with A&M for the National Title than Oklahoma, but that ship has sailed. This ain't the SWC and these aren't your daddies Aggies.

You went 4-8 last year. I really don't want to kick you while you are down...and I have already learned how sensitive you are.

But if you want to know what will rekindle the rivalry, come into that last game undefeated once in awhile, that should put some heat back into the "rivalry".

Anything short of that is going through the motions for Texas, as they are playing on a National Stage.

And that's the way it is.

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
good thing he was the one that got his feelings hurt and not you

sarcasm is the key to humor!!!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I truly am sorry you could not recognize the obvious sarcasm in my original post. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Just jokes man, Just jokes.

Secondly, their card is already punched Gigger. Obviously they have to go undefeated, so every game they play is for the National Title. They also will play a high ranked Okla team. The winner of this game, minus any stumbles, should play for the national Title. My point is the path is laid out for them with the ranking they have right now. It's not bold. It's fact.

I am sorry that A&M as a football family is struggling the way you are. I would much rather being going toe to toe with A&M for the National Title than Oklahoma, but that ship has sailed. This ain't the SWC and these aren't your daddies Aggies.

You went 4-8 last year. I really don't want to kick you while you are down...and I have already learned how sensitive you are.

But if you want to know what will rekindle the rivalry, come into that last game undefeated once in awhile, that should put some heat back into the "rivalry".

Anything short of that is going through the motions for Texas, as they are playing on a National Stage.

And that's the way it is.

We were struggling last year. This is a whole new season. Nobody on the outside knows how things were before last season and the way things were before now. I can say with strong certainy that we conditioned harder than anybody did this summer. We have the best strength and conditioning coach in the nation, that's a fact. He put us through hell this past offseason. I will not stop at saying anything less than it has been the most difficult thing that I have had to do athletically. It changed us as a team. It made us grow stronger and become more together. The whole atmosphere is different, the intensity and focus is different. You would be amazed at how different of a team we are. How different has yet to be proven, but we have nothing less than goals to win, win the Big XII South, win the Big XII, win a Bowl game, and win an National Championship. I'm not saying we're going to go out and win every game next year and accomplish, because I can't. But I will say that we have worked harder than we have since I have been here and we as a team are completely different than what we were this time last year and will try to achieve these goals. I'm very excited to see where it will take us, and no matter what happens I know that we worked hard and laid down the foundation to become a great team at some point. I feel very blessed and fortunate to be a part of this team right now, I'm enjoying it, even though it has been a physical and mental drag on me. I just want to do well, and everyone around me does, and I believe in my heart that we will.

Keystonepride
08-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
We were struggling last year. This is a whole new season. Nobody on the outside knows how things were before last season and the way things were before now. I can say with strong certainy that we conditioned harder than anybody did this summer. We have the best strength and conditioning coach in the nation, that's a fact. He put us through hell this past offseason. I will not stop at saying anything less than it has been the most difficult thing that I have had to do athletically. It changed us as a team. It made us grow stronger and become more together. The whole atmosphere is different, the intensity and focus is different. You would be amazed at how different of a team we are. How different has yet to be proven, but we have nothing less than goals to win, win the Big XII South, win the Big XII, win a Bowl game, and win an National Championship. I'm not saying we're going to go out and win every game next year and accomplish, because I can't. But I will say that we have worked harder than we have since I have been here and we as a team are completely different than what we were this time last year and will try to achieve these goals. I'm very excited to see where it will take us, and no matter what happens I know that we worked hard and laid down the foundation to become a great team at some point. I feel very blessed and fortunate to be a part of this team right now, I'm enjoying it, even though it has been a physical and mental drag on me. I just want to do well, and everyone around me does, and I believe in my heart that we will.

I can only hope all of your hard work pays off and you and your team excel throughout this year.

Texas as a country would like nothing better than the Horns and Aggies to meet with more on the line than just the rivalry and Big 12 South.

pirate4state
08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
of course I knew you were joking. I just don't post as often anymore. I am an Aggie fan because of BBDE. He & his teammates are working hard & he knows I support him, I just like giving you hard time...it's what we do. ;)

big daddy russ
08-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Hey Gary, I just looked at your two-deep and it looks like the defense has gotten a lot smaller. Is that by design or just because the most talented guys happen to be smaller.

Kind of reminds me of our defenses over in the loveliest village on the Plains.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
08-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Hey Gary, I just looked at your two-deep and it looks like the defense has gotten a lot smaller. Is that by design or just because the most talented guys happen to be smaller.

Kind of reminds me of our defenses over in the loveliest village on the Plains.

More speed.

big daddy russ
08-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
More speed.
That's what I figured. That's the same thing our defense was doing during that four-year run when we were the top overall defense in the nation. Back then, we had guys like 240-pounders Stanley McClover and Quentin Groves starting on the d-line and 200-pounders Antarrious and Travis Williams starring in our linebacker corps.

Good luck this year, bro. Seems like ya'll are headed in the right direction.

sahen
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I can only hope all of your hard work pays off and you and your team excel throughout this year.

Texas as a country would like nothing better than the Horns and Aggies to meet with more on the line than just the rivalry and Big 12 South.

oh please, maybe the horns and aggies wish this but i can guarantee there are others in our apparant country that dont....heck many schools enjoy seeing the aggies down and many would love to see the horns down, its the way it is...just like the aggies and horns like to see other schools down so its easier for them recruit and win...