PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Movie I Saw What You Did coming to TCM on 9-4-09!

PhiI C
08-18-2009, 07:00 PM
It starts at 1:30 A.M. so due to the time you may want to set the recorders to watch later. This is a great thriller with Joan Crawford and John Ireland. Joan is wasted in a minor role but the movie is good. It was directed by William Castle who is famous for these great types of movies. Two teenage girls play pranks on the phone and put their lives in danger when they get in tourch with a real murder. It shows the danger of playing on the phone which is still relevant today and even more so with the internet. The movie was remade in 1988 as a made for tv movie with David and Robert Caradien which would probably be good to see sometime too.

This movie is tough and scary. I saw it as a teen and the girls were screaming and this screaming was real terror not playing around type. So be braced as you see it and perhaps you should not watchit alone.

Phil C
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
This is the week. Probably best to not watch it alone even in these modern times.

lulu
09-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I saw that once...scared the crap out of me. I don't watch scary movies very often...I'm a sceerdy cat.:D

Ranger Mom
09-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by lulu
I saw that once...scared the crap out of me. I don't watch scary movies very often...I'm a sceerdy cat.:D

That just reminded me! I bought the entire 3 or 4 seasons of "Night Gallery" and forgot all about them. I haven't watched a single one yet...lol!!

PhiI C
09-05-2009, 08:44 AM
I knew it was great and scary but I was reminded even more after watching it this morning. What a great scary movie. It shows that you (especially teens) can get into trouble with the phone and nowadays the internet and other modern communications. I knew Joan Crawford and John Ireland and the rest of the cast were great. The three young girls were magnificient and they had to be to make this movie work.
Don't miss this one again if you get a second chance.