PDA

View Full Version : Funny football practice story

kaorder1999
08-18-2009, 12:27 PM
We were at practice on Wednesday afternoon and one of our receivers put his receiver gloves on the ground because he didnt want to wear them instead of just tying them to his belt or something. There were a couple community kids (ages around 7-9) watching practice. Before we realized what happened the little one (maybe 7) grabs the gloves and walks off with them. By the time we realized he had taken them it was too late because he had already made his way to the apartment complex next to our practice field....

FAST FORWARD TO YESTERDAY

I was standing around because we were in our offensive portion of practice and this same kid comes walking back to the field and stands near me. He came walking up with a gatorade squeeze bottle with cool-aide in it. I told him to take the bottle over to our head coach and when he did our head coach asked him where our gloves were. The kid immediatly began to cry and my head coach told him to go get the gloves from his house. Well...my head coach then realizes there is no way this kid is coming back with those gloves so he followed him two blocks to his apartment complex and walked in with him and explained to the parents why he was there. The parents just laughed and the kid got hte gloves and gave them back to him.

I think ONLY in Dallas ISD will you have a head coach walk three blockes to get back some receiver gloves!!!

Matthew328
08-18-2009, 12:30 PM
That is very true. LOL Funny story

garciap77
08-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
We were at practice on Wednesday afternoon and one of our receivers put his receiver gloves on the ground because he didnt want to wear them instead of just tying them to his belt or something. There were a couple community kids (ages around 7-9) watching practice. Before we realized what happened the little one (maybe 7) grabs the gloves and walks off with them. By the time we realized he had taken them it was too late because he had already made his way to the apartment complex next to our practice field....

FAST FORWARD TO YESTERDAY

I was standing around because we were in our offensive portion of practice and this same kid comes walking back to the field and stands near me. He came walking up with a gatorade squeeze bottle with cool-aide in it. I told him to take the bottle over to our head coach and when he did our head coach asked him where our gloves were. The kid immediatly began to cry and my head coach told him to go get the gloves from his house. Well...my head coach then realizes there is no way this kid is coming back with those gloves so he followed him two blocks to his apartment complex and walked in with him and explained to the parents why he was there. The parents just laughed and the kid got hte gloves and gave them back to him.

I think ONLY in Dallas ISD will you have a head coach walk three blockes to get back some receiver gloves!!!

Was this in South Oak Cliff?:thinking:

Matthew328
08-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Not South Oak Cliff but Oak Cliff nonetheless....West Oak Cliff is actually really nice in some parts.

garciap77
08-18-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Not South Oak Cliff but Oak Cliff nonetheless....West Oak Cliff is actually really nice in some parts.

I don't think I would have gone after the gloves.

kaorder1999
08-18-2009, 12:59 PM
north oak cliff