PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Ace Shelby Miller signs with Cards

BEAST
08-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Not sure on the contract length but he signed for $2.875 Million with a reported $1.3 Million bonus.

Good luck to Shelby.

BEAST

Ex-Tiger2005
08-18-2009, 09:11 AM
so what made him change his mind about goin to a&m? besides $$$$$

BEAST
08-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

Nothing. It is all about the $$$$$. I dont blame any kid for not turning down close to 5 Million overall. School will be there after baseball. Get it while you can.

BEAST

Ex-Tiger2005
08-18-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Nothing. It is all about the $$$$$. I dont blame any kid for not turning down close to 5 Million overall. School will be there after baseball. Get it while you can.

BEAST

true! well i hope he does good.he was pretty dang good.

95mustang
08-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005

I know he thought long and hard about this decision with his family. He felt this was the best oppurtunity for him. As of this weekend he had yet to make the decision and was still considering the college route. They felt this was the best route to go because you never know aout injuries in the future affecting his arm. His school will be taken care of though if that should occur this route. I wish him the best of luck. He is a tremendous young man and has alot of support from his family, friends, and the Brownwood community.

DaHop72
08-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I know he thought long and hard about this decision with his family. He felt this was the best oppurtunity for him. As of this weekend he had yet to make the decision and was still considering the college route. They felt this was the best route to go because you never know aout injuries in the future affecting his arm. His school will be taken care of though if that should occur this route. I wish him the best of luck. He is a tremendous young man and has alot of support from his family, friends, and the Brownwood community. I believe if he can learn to controls his emotions when things don't go well and fight through it he has quite a future in the game.

pirate4state
08-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Awesome! Good luck to him.

Rocket
08-18-2009, 11:11 AM
DaHop! That is a funny quote! LOL Laughing hard.. Do you agree with it?

garciap77
08-18-2009, 11:18 AM

BEAST

:iagree:

LionKing
08-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Not sure on the contract length but he signed for $2.875 Million with a reported $1.3 Million bonus.

Good luck to Shelby.

BEAST Yea, my son said today, ''well, didn't take long to find out who the first millionaire would be out of our graduating class'', way to go Shelby.