PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Needville Bluejays(Scrimmage)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Bellville will travel to Needville on Thu. @ 7:00 for a final tune-up before week 0 game vs the Caldwell Hornets. Will there be a full scrimmage? Word is Needville only wants to go 25 plays?

Bull's-eye
08-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Probably the last time Bellville will schedule Needville for a scrimmage. Can't believe they only want to run 25 plays, does anybody know why?

IHStangFan
08-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Haven't heard anything. But if Bellville is as advertised, it should be a good test/measuring stick for the Blue Jays.

I look forward to a good report from this scrimmage soI hope that a few of you are going.

bvillebrahma010
08-18-2009, 01:49 PM
that is correct, only 25 plays for first team and im pretty sure 20 for second teamers. no live game segment that we know of... this is ridiculous!!

Bull's-eye
08-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
that is correct, only 25 plays for first team and im pretty sure 20 for second teamers. no live game segment that we know of... this is ridiculous!!

Don't they need to work on special teams? Both teams need to taste a little live action. Maybe Needville will change their minds, it would definitely benefit both teams.

LH Panther Mom
08-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Don't the coaches agree on the format beforehand? :confused:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Don't the coaches agree on the format beforehand? :confused:

This was changed by the Needville coach, Had nothing to do with Bellvilles AD. Im sure if Foster could have found another team to scrimmage he would have, but everyone has already been sceduled. Would have liked to see some live game action.

sinton66
08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Perhaps Needville may be thin on numbers and doesn't want to risk serious injury problems?

IHStangFan
08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Excuse my saying....as I've tried to refrain until now.

Whatever the reason for the Needville coaching staff's decision, I'm sure it's well warranted and in the best interest of the team going forward into the regular season.

With that said, I don't know if I've ever seen a bigger bunch of cry babies & whiners. I'm don't want to aim that at the Bellville community or fan base in general, but moreso at a select few of the posters on this board and in this thread that just never seem happy w/ anything and do nothing but complain and express their discontent w/ anything NOT Bellville or in Bellville's favor.

Get over it, or if you've got that kind of pull w/ the Bellville AD....talk him into forfeiting. Either way, nobody in Needville will lose any sleep over it.

Good luck going forward to both teams.

rancher
08-19-2009, 10:22 AM
This is only a scrimmage, make sure everyone understands the ground rules next year or lets go back and scrimmage Santa Fe in Spring Branch.

Bull's-eye
08-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Perhaps Needville may be thin on numbers and doesn't want to risk serious injury problems?

I was thinking the same thing, did anybody noticed this during the Rice/Needville scrimmage?

rancher
08-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Are they going to start at 7 pm, is the football field near the high school? I trying to see if the QB play has improved over last year and see if the line was better that what I observed last week in the controlled part.

Bull's-eye
08-19-2009, 12:11 PM
School website shows 7:30 pm

rhs78
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I was thinking the same thing, did anybody noticed this during the Rice/Needville scrimmage?
The only thing I noticed was the Jays are not as big up front as in years past and not as fast. I didn't see any game breakers, but they get after you on every play and are very disiplined.

Bull's-eye
08-19-2009, 03:19 PM
School website shows 7:30 pm

I have been informed that 7:00 pm is the correct time.

BaTmAn24
08-19-2009, 08:41 PM
go bluejays!! :cool:

Bull's-eye
08-20-2009, 10:37 AM
Looks like a beautiful day for football, I'll be making the drive down to Needville. I need my football "fix". :D

BrahmaMom
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Does look like great August weather for football. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, I won't be making the trek. I hope both teams show their stuff with no injuries. That said, I hope the Brahmas used last week's scrimmage and this week's work to hone their skills and take it to Needville! Go Brahmas!!!

trg
08-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Does look like great August weather for football. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, I won't be making the trek. I hope both teams show their stuff with no injuries. That said, I hope the Brahmas used last week's scrimmage and this week's work to hone their skills and take it to Needville! Go Brahmas!!!

We will miss you BrahmaMom. And I second that with hopefully no injuries for either team. I am watching football tonight and then volleyball tomorrow and Saturday. Go Brahmas and Brahmanettes!!!!

SHSBulldog00
08-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Hope both teams stay injury free after tonight.

zebrablue2
08-20-2009, 11:12 PM
How did Bellville fair against the Jay's??

MJMbrahmas10
08-20-2009, 11:55 PM
looked very good....Oline looked awesome...and mueller used his pocket real nice

BB21
08-21-2009, 08:09 AM
The Jays took it to the Brahamas last night. They Jays #1 defense looked awesome, holding the Brahamas to ZERO touchdowns and the #1 offense looked sharp. The Jays quarterback looked very impressive. I was not impressed with the Brahamas at all and I don't think they are as good as they have been in the past.

rancher
08-21-2009, 08:29 AM
Who is being untruthful about the scrimmage last night BB21 or MJMBrahams10?

44INAROW
08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

Reds fan
08-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Who is being untruthful about the scrimmage last night BB21 or MJMBrahams10?

Well? Inquiring minds would like to know!

MJMbrahmas10
08-21-2009, 10:10 AM
we both are tellin the truth bellville did only score once but moved the ball with ease. mueller had all day to throw and two receivers dropped 2 wide open touchdowns.....cant wait till friday when it really matters :)

BB21
08-21-2009, 10:20 AM
well I would not say they moved the ball with ease...they had a couple of big plays, but not enough that could get them into the end zone. It was a very good scrimmage on both sides, but I would have to say that the Jays came out to play and the Brahamas did not. Im just glad we are done with these scrimmages and can finally get to the good stuff!!!

Pudlugger
08-21-2009, 10:43 AM
The leps play both these teams. Any Jay fans like to comment on the scrimmage? Bellville is always tough and it sounds like the Jays gave them a good workout.

Do the Jays run the ball mostly or are the a passing team? What formation do they use on offense? Sounds like their defense is pretty good holding the Brahmas to a single score.

Reds fan
08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BB21
well I would not say they moved the ball with ease...they had a couple of big plays, but not enough that could get them into the end zone. It was a very good scrimmage on both sides, but I would have to say that the Jays came out to play and the Brahamas did not. Im just glad we are done with these scrimmages and can finally get to the good stuff!!!

Do you think the abbreviated scrimmage took some of the luster off for Bellville?

BB21
08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Why would that take the luster off? Or is that just an excuss to make yall feel better about going down to Needville and not performing like yall thought yall would?

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I was a little disappointed in the Brahmas. They started out very slow, unable to run on the Needville defense. Bellville started moving the ball through the air, which opened up the FB draw. A very bad pass by the QB stopped their 2nd series. Bellville's #1 offense did move the ball well, but never got in the endzone. Two long wide open passes were dropped by their receivers, costing Bellville a couple of scores. Needville first team offense scored once, using a lot of short quick passes on a nice opening drive. Bellville's defense tightened up and did a better job the rest of the way, causing a couple of fumbles, one which would of been an easy score for the Brahmas. Bellville's #2 offense hit a couple of long passes and scored 1 Td. Needville has a good team, but don't have the numbers. I counted only about 26-27 players on their varsity. Bellville will have to improve on their run blocking to be an effective team.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Do you think the abbreviated scrimmage took some of the luster off for Bellville?

Very possible, didn't see much fire out of the Brahmas. They were a much different team during the live portion of the Brenham scrimmage, making some big hits & a lot of noise.

hookandladder
08-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Very possible, didn't see much fire out of the Brahmas. They were a much different team during the live portion of the Brenham scrimmage, making some big hits & a lot of noise.

Could it be possible that Bellville just needs more reps to come together, this does sound like some bad excuses.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Could it be possible that Bellville just needs more reps to come together, this does sound like some bad excuses.

Nobody is making excuses, just pointing out the difference in their play. Looked like in the live part of the Brenham scrimmage, the coaches turned the dogs loose. There was more emotion & plenty of pad popping. Both teams need more reps, that's why we were disappointed in having an abbreviated scrimmage. Needville has low numbers, so I understand them wanting a short scrimmage.

rancher
08-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Then the concerns that I raised during my observations of Bellville and Brenham in the control portion my be proving out. Bad O line play and a defense secondary who is very very week on pass defense.

trg
08-21-2009, 01:24 PM
I think the Bulls did fine. They are continuing to improve and will be ready to go once District starts. Go Bulls!!!

hookandladder
08-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Nobody is making excuses, just pointing out the difference in their play. Looked like in the live part of the Brenham scrimmage, the coaches turned the dogs loose. There was more emotion & plenty of pad popping. Both teams need more reps, that's why we were disappointed in having an abbreviated scrimmage. Needville has low numbers, so I understand them wanting a short scrimmage.

In our 2 scrimmages with Liberty Hill and Cuero, our coaches did not need to turn the dogs loose they were loose from the getgo. Maybe LG feels they have something to prove this year, will have to see as the season progresses.

IHStangFan
08-21-2009, 01:47 PM
I know this will sound bias as I'm from Needville....but beings I'm in Iraq & didn't see the game, I can only go by what I've read here.

It seems and sounds to me from reading this thread from beginning to end.....that maybe the Bellville team went into this w/ the same mentality as a couple of their fans here on the DL. WAY over confident, and w/ the notion that this scrimmage was already won before they even stepped on the bus to Needville.

First there was the whining over it not being a full length scrimmage. I wondered why this would raise any concern....as it's just a scrimmage, and as stated by one of the Bellville fans....it was just to be a "tune up" for the Brahmas.

Now that it didn't turn out to be the massacre that some thought it would be......the excuses are flowing like the Mississippi River.

That is just my take from everything here in this thread.

With that said...I know it was just a scrimmage and that both teams will continue to improve as the season goes on & both teams could be in the mix for a district champ. I wish them both the best.

hookandladder
08-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
I know this will sound bias as I'm from Needville....but beings I'm in Iraq & didn't see the game, I can only go by what I've read here.

It seems and sounds to me from reading this thread from beginning to end.....that maybe the Bellville team went into this w/ the same mentality as a couple of their fans here on the DL. WAY over confident, and w/ the notion that this scrimmage was already won before they even stepped on the bus to Needville.

First there was the whining over it not being a full length scrimmage. I wondered why this would raise any concern....as it's just a scrimmage, and as stated by one of the Bellville fans....it was just to be a "tune up" for the Brahmas.

Now that it didn't turn out to be the massacre that some thought it would be......the excuses are flowing like the Mississippi River.

With that said...I know it was just a scrimmage and that both teams will continue to improve as the season goes on & both teams could be in the mix for a district champ. I wish them both the best.

Seems like you hit the nail on the head from a long way away. Keep safe.

zebrablue2
08-21-2009, 04:53 PM

well said stang, as always!! hope all is going well, and stay safe. prayers are with you...

dachosenone
08-21-2009, 06:02 PM
This years team is very confidents and always has been since youth football. They have never wanted to practice hard or even hit teammates during practices. When the lights are on and it counts their a completely different group of young men. Im sure anyone who went to Brenham scrimmage or have followed them can see that.

IHStangFan
08-21-2009, 06:25 PM
hookandladder, zebra,

Thanks fellas. It looks like I should be home in time for the West Columbia (Oct 9) game!!

Iraq has been alright. Afghanistan was a bit rough comparatively speaking, but overall it's been a rewarding experience.

I am looking forward to getting home to my family, watching some football and doing some hunting though!!

Cheers!

Pudlugger
08-21-2009, 06:29 PM
hookandladder, zebra,

Thanks fellas. It looks like I should be home in time for the West Columbia (Oct 9) game!!

Iraq has been alright. Afghanistan was a bit rough comparatively speaking, but overall it's been a rewarding experience.

I am looking forward to getting home to my family, watching some football and doing some hunting though!!

Cheers!

IHStangFan thank you for your service and God Bless you. Stay safe.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 06:59 PM

Take it from someone who was there, this was just a scrimmage. Quit putting words into something you don't know anything about. Nobody from Bellville went in over confident or even thinking about winning. Both teams worked on some things & held back showing their playbook. Bellville didn't even run their best RB.

IHStangFan
08-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Take it from someone who was there, this was just a scrimmage. Quit putting words into something you don't know anything about. Nobody from Bellville went in over confident or even thinking about winning. Both teams worked on some things & held back showing their playbook. Bellville didn't even run their best RB. B.E.

Let me start by saying you are one of the Bellville posters around here that I respect.

With that said, I am not putting words into anything. As stated I'm simply drawing a conclusion based on the contents of this thread from top to bottom. It's just an opinion. I can't say w/ any certainty that my opinion is 100% accurate, we both know this. But a handful of the posters from Bellville seemingly had written off Needville before the scrimmage was even played.....hence my reference to the comment about Needville being a "tune-up" for the Brahmas.

Again.....just drawing a conclusion based on a few of the previous postings in this thread....and it's just an opinion. No harm/foul intended. I KNOW Bellville is a good football team.

Good luck to the Brahmas in their upcoming season. I'm sure they will perform and be right back in the mix as they have been in past years.

Pudlugger
08-21-2009, 09:21 PM
IHSTangFan forget about it. Its Bellville(hat tip to the movie China Town).;)

IHStangFan
08-21-2009, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Pudlugger
IHSTangFan forget about it. Its Bellville(hat tip to the movie China Town).;) LOL...hey lugger.....hope you are well amigo. How are those Leps looking? I believe you guys are on our schedule in a few weeks. I look forward to your analysis of the game as I will not be back in time for it.

Take care bud!

LHS 2SONS
08-21-2009, 09:44 PM
IHStangFan, I wish you would be back for the La Grange game, we would have liked to THANK YOU personally for your service to our great Country. Be Safe and God Bless!

IHStangFan
08-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by LHS 2SONS
IHStangFan, I wish you would be back for the La Grange game, we would have liked to THANK YOU personally for your service to our great Country. Be Safe and God Bless! Wish I was gonna be back in time too LHS. It's one of the games on the schedule that REALLY has my interest peaked.

Thank YOU guys for the support. I'm no longer active duty military, just over here as a contractor....but the support is appreciated all the same.

:)

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 10:05 PM
With that said, I am not putting words into anything. But a handful of the posters from Bellville seemingly had written off Needville before the scrimmage was even played....

Where are you finding this stuff? Who are these so called Bellville posters writing Needville off? I went back and can't seem to find these posts.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Where are you finding this stuff? Who are these so called Bellville posters writing Needville off? I went back and can't seem to find these posts.

I agree, Bulls-eye cant seem to find any Bellville posters saying the things that Stang has said? What year and part of the Military were you in Stang?

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by rancher
Then the concerns that I raised during my observations of Bellville and Brenham in the control portion my be proving out. Bad O line play and a defense secondary who is very very week on pass defense.

OL did a very good job of pass blocking. On several plays, Mueller had all day to throw. My concern may be with their run blocking. Needville's defense was doing a lot of run blitzing, which took away a lot of the running lanes. Bellville countered with some delay draws that gained good chunks of yardage.

Secondary will be just fine, once the defense starts bringing the pressure.

Bull's-eye
08-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville will travel to Needville on Thu. @ 7:00 for a final tune-up before week 0 game vs the Caldwell Hornets.

Is he saying that your use of the word "tune-up" meant you were writing Needville off? That would be absurd if he is getting that out of your post. :confused:

I believe he owes you an apology, there was no disrepect toward Needville by you calling this a final tune-up.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2009, 10:49 PM

It seems and sounds to me from reading this thread from beginning to end.....that maybe the Bellville team went into this w/ the same mentality as a couple of their fans here on the DL. WAY over confident,

Please feel free to quote any Bellville fan on this thread that said.
1. We are over confident?
2. That it was going to be a massacre?

And you may ask for help from Pud and Hook if needed.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-21-2009, 11:00 PM
B.E.

But a handful of the posters from Bellville seemingly had written off Needville before the scrimmage was even played.....hence my reference to the comment about Needville being a "tune-up" for the Brahmas.

Again.....just drawing a conclusion based on a few of the previous postings in this thread....

3. Show were Bellville poster has written of Needville?

pancho villa
08-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Why are you Needville folks getting all worked up. Don't listen to them numbnuts from bellville, all they know how to do is dip copenhagen and drink lonestar.

zebrablue2
08-22-2009, 07:40 AM
so nice to see u around again puncho!!:D

BrahmaMom
08-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Stang-keep it safe. Thanks for your patriotism. Can't wait for you to see some 3A football. Bull'sEye, thanks for your update--I heard the same summary. I hope over-confidence is not a problem for the Brahmas. Historically, that has not been a problem. I think they are ready. Go Bulls!

bvillebrahma010
08-22-2009, 10:19 PM
my two cents, great scrimmage by both teams. its a scrimmage, no one wins. its about practicing against other people. all it is is a practice. we all had weak and strong points. bellville needs obvious run protections and receivers had a tough night. it happens. needville brought the intensity as they do every year. last year the scrimmage was the same way, bellville went to regionals and should have won but things happen for a reason. needville didnt. no offense by all means. but its true. bellville wasnt ready, obviously. this scrimmage is over. both teams have players healed back up. its week zero. lets focus on what matters now. not scrimmages. its time for football.

BaTmAn24
08-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Very good scrimmage from what I saw for the Bluejays. The tight end for Bellville (#80) seemed like he couldn't hold the defensive end's jockstrap all night. Also, the O-Line for Bellville didn't block very well on the run. Quarterback for Bellville looked average. Needville's quarterback played well and really impressed me. Great scrimmage for Needville and Bellville better pick up the intensity and really bring it against Caldwell if they want to win. Coming out flat and relying solely on talent won't get the job done for Bellville in Caldwell. As for me, I'll be watching the Bluejays against 4A Worthing and hopefully they'll be able to pull out a win to start the season off right!

hookandladder
08-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan

This could possibly be an excuse, just saying.

hookandladder
08-24-2009, 06:39 AM

Brenham was last week, need to bring it everyweek. Bottomline Bellville has one side to the game and Needville has another, we will fine out for ourselves when we play them.

trg
08-24-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24
Very good scrimmage from what I saw for the Bluejays. The tight end for Bellville (#80) seemed like he couldn't hold the defensive end's jockstrap all night. Also, the O-Line for Bellville didn't block very well on the run. Quarterback for Bellville looked average. Needville's quarterback played well and really impressed me. Great scrimmage for Needville and Bellville better pick up the intensity and really bring it against Caldwell if they want to win. Coming out flat and relying solely on talent won't get the job done for Bellville in Caldwell. As for me, I'll be watching the Bluejays against 4A Worthing and hopefully they'll be able to pull out a win to start the season off right!

First of all Batman...the Bulls wore no numbers so where you are getting that number from is a mystery to me. And second of all our #80 did not play in the Needville scrimmage so.....

Bull's-eye
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Brenham was last week, need to bring it everyweek.

In real games, I agree. I wouldn't worry too much about "controlled" scrimmages. I noticed in the scrimmages, Bellville wasn't blitzing on defense, until the live portion of the Brenham scrimmage. This is a big part of the 3-3 defense. Also, the QB had several chances to run for big yards, but I'm sure he was told to not risk getting hurt.

BB21
08-24-2009, 11:58 AM
You Bellville people make me laugh! Yall have an excuse for everything!!! For all the talking yall do, yall better not choke this year!!

MJMbrahmas10
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
When did bellville choke

BB21
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
why dont you read it again, where it says yall better not. never said yall did. please read carefully!

bvillebrahma010
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BaTmAn24

lol! batman, you must have been watching the JV. varsity didnt wear numbered their quick one... so, as for that, think what you want, but out TE who has been sick in the hospital the past two weeks, didnt even play. your precious DE better be glad that he didnt... but as for the rest of your post, you hit the spot!

IHStangFan
08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
LOL!!!! Seriously??? Still??? :doh:

pirate4state
08-24-2009, 12:57 PM
LOL!!!! Seriously??? Still??? :doh: Imagine if yall had played a live quarter and won! :eek:

Bull's-eye
08-24-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL!!!! Seriously??? Still??? :doh:

Too comical! One poster makes up stories about how Bellville's #80 couldn't block their DE (Bellville didn't wear numbers & #80 didn't play) & another assumes that Bellville is over confident because of the word "tune-up".

IHStangFan
08-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Too comical! One poster makes up stories about how Bellville's #80 couldn't block their DE (Bellville didn't wear numbers & #80 didn't play) & another assumes that Bellville is over confident because of the word "tune-up". and then several Bellville posters perpetuate it by buzzing around w/ their feathers all ruffled, continuing to make excuses and get defensive instead of just letting last week be last week. You're absolutely correct....the comedy in this is divine!! :clap:

BrahmaMom
08-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Let's get ready for the season! No excuses, just football! Good luck, Brahmas!

hookandladder
08-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Let's get ready for the season! No excuses, just football! Good luck, Brahmas!

I have never heard of BrahmaMom making any kind of excuses on this board, she just tells it like it is no matter if it is good or bad for Bellville. Some other posters on here could take note, not naming any but you know who you are.