PDA

View Full Version : Forney 33- Commerce 29 Final!!! WOW!!!

WillsPointgradTJC
09-20-2002, 10:16 PM
What a great game for both teams, Commerce almost came back and won it. They made a stupid mistake going for 2 a missing becuase that would have left it 33-30 but never-the-less, congrats to the Rabbs, see yall first round!

Chris Hart
09-20-2002, 10:20 PM
That surprises me a little.(not alot) Sounds like it was a real nail-biter, it should help both teams down the road.

Rabbit'93
09-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Man, glad tosee the ol' Rabbits pull out the win tonight. Wish I could've been there.

Rabbit'93
09-20-2002, 10:27 PM
Man, glad to see the ol' Rabbits pull out the win tonight. Wish I could've been there.

eye of the tiger
09-20-2002, 11:16 PM
A good win for Forney. First time in about 10 years Commerce has lost 2 in a row. Time to regroup. Hats off to Forney.

Rabbit'93
09-21-2002, 01:44 AM
hey eye did you make it to the game?

BigRedfan
09-21-2002, 10:19 AM
Way to go Rabs. Seems like Commerce will have to regroup. Cant wait to see how far they can go this year. It may be a whole new group of teams in the playoffs this year. Looks like this part of East Texas is still very much up in the air and is any one's for the taking.

tylerrose
09-21-2002, 08:50 PM
At the beginning of the game Commerce came out for stretch beating on their pads singing "lets get ready to rumble". Then lined up on the 50 when everyone with any sense knows you line up on the 45 to have some room between the 2 teams. All the noise talking and intimidation tactics did nothing but fire Forney up. I wonder if Commerce was trying to convince themselves that they were ready to rumble. Next time they need to follow the Rock's advice that he gives to all of his opponents "Don't sing it. Bring it". We here in Forney look forward to kicking your *ss for a 4th time in a row next year.

ethsfbnut
09-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey tylerrose...you must not have seen Commerce play any games over the last 6 or 7 years. They`ve had this same pre-game routine since Lineweaver. Probably started by some Srs during one of their many play-off runs back in the 90`s. Don`t believe it has hurt the Tigers too much over the years.

Forney`s got a good team and won the game last nite. Don`t figure they really needed anything to fire them up, other than playing Commerce. Luck to Forney rest of the way.

Go TIGERS!!!!!

Rabbit'93
09-21-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by tylerrose:
At the beginning of the game Commerce came out for stretch beating on their pads singing "lets get ready to rumble". Then lined up on the 50 when everyone with any sense knows you line up on the 45 to have some room between the 2 teams. All the noise talking and intimidation tactics did nothing but fire Forney up. I wonder if Commerce was trying to convince themselves that they were ready to rumble. Next time they need to follow the Rock's advice that he gives to all of his opponents "Don't sing it. Bring it". We here in Forney look forward to kicking your *ss for a 4th time in a row next year.

I've seen Commerce do their pregame before and it's similar to what other school's do. Everman is similar I believe. I would go easy quoting a ficticious character from a soap opera for rednecks. Commerce has shown alot of class from the school admin. on down through to the fans, some of which are on this board. This person from Forney looks forward to future meetings no matter what the outcome.

statguru
09-22-2002, 06:25 PM
Hey tylerrose, it's nice to see that you were so concerned with what Commerce was doing in pregame. I'm just glad this distraction, didn't distract you from calling the plays during the game. Personally I dont really think it matter how many times in a row you have beat them because ultimately when playoff time comes around they seem to step it up a notch. So until you and your staff can win a state championship like they have I wouldnt be saying much.

WpSr03
09-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Lol. They can't win state, especially if they head up with WP in the first round. Forney will lose in the first round, they will be stunned, and everyone can see what this guy says then. Commerce is a great team, and they do have class. Good luck in the future Commerce, and don't even let this get ya down http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

kaorder1999
09-23-2002, 09:38 AM
Wow....congrats FOrney....a lot of people have said "one man team" this "one man team" that....congrats on a team effort. And congrats to the FHS coaching staff. Get on them Pirates this week. make it 57-1-1.

Commerce will have their stuff together by playoff time...heck...they might already have their stuff together...they've lost to two REAL good teams!!

Good luck all!

eye of the tiger
09-23-2002, 05:52 PM
It is always good to play Forney. Forney is a class act all the way. Good team and good fans. I admit I like you better in another district. LOL. Commerce had 2 losses last year and did ok. Deep down I dont think we will do as well this year, but it wont hurt my feelings if Im wrong. I do think we will make it at least to the 13th game. As far as teams trying to psych the other team out, well head games have been played for years. Sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. As mentioned by several already, the "lets gete ready to rumble: started I believe in 95, the first year we went to state.

LG
09-23-2002, 08:46 PM
Forney is always a tough opponent, but my hat go off to commerce on a well fought game, and lg hopes to see yall this year for some revenge.