PDA

View Full Version : Southlake police arrest man, son in drive-through assault

IrishTex
08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/08/17/18/617-eddye-lovely.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

SOUTHLAKE -- A Tomball man and his 20-year-old son were arrested Monday for assaulting a woman during an altercation in a Chick-fil-A restaurant drive-through lane.

The father also was arrested for threatening to shoot the woman’s husband and restaurant employees who came to their aid, police said.

Eddye Lovely, 49, and his son, Brenden Lovely, were arrested Monday afternoon in the parking lot of the Southlake Hilton where the elder Lovely’s wife was registered, according to arrest warrant affidavits for the pair.

The father and son were booked into the city’s holding facility on charges of assault with bodily injury, a Class A misdemeanor, according to a release by police spokesman Lt. Ben Brown.

The elder man also was booked on a charge of making a terroristic threat, a Class B misdemeanor, Brown said. Both men were freed after posting bonds of $5,000 on each assault charge and $1,500 on the terroristic threat charge, he said.

Lovely’s 15-year-old son, who witnesses told police also was involved in the assault, will be referred to the juvenile justice system, Brown said.

The incident began about 11 a.m. Saturday when a couple received their order from the drive-through window of the restaurant at 2301 E. Southlake Blvd., and were ready to drive away.

But they were blocked by a Bentley. First, the husband honked twice, Brown said.

Then, the woman and the Bentley driver got out and started yelling at each other, followed by two young men who got out of the Bentley, Brown said.

One of the men slapped the woman, who slapped him back, police said.

Then two of the men knocked the woman down and punched her, police said.

The husband was kept in his car by the Bentley’s driver, who told him that he had a gun and threatened to shoot him if he got out, according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Employees who came to the woman’s aid also were threatened by the Bentley driver, although witnesses told police he never actually displayed a weapon.

After the Bentley driver and passengers left, police tracked the car with a license plate number an employee photographed with his cell phone. After tracing the vehicle, police obtained drivers license photos of the men, which the victims identified in a photo lineup, police said.

The woman, whom police did not identify, was treated at the scene, police said.

Source (http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/1542111.html)

95mustang
08-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by IrishTex
http://media.star-telegram.com/smedia/2009/08/17/18/617-eddye-lovely.embedded.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

SOUTHLAKE -- A Tomball man and his 20-year-old son were arrested Monday for assaulting a woman during an altercation in a Chick-fil-A restaurant drive-through lane.

The father also was arrested for threatening to shoot the woman’s husband and restaurant employees who came to their aid, police said.

Eddye Lovely, 49, and his son, Brenden Lovely, were arrested Monday afternoon in the parking lot of the Southlake Hilton where the elder Lovely’s wife was registered, according to arrest warrant affidavits for the pair.

The father and son were booked into the city’s holding facility on charges of assault with bodily injury, a Class A misdemeanor, according to a release by police spokesman Lt. Ben Brown.

The elder man also was booked on a charge of making a terroristic threat, a Class B misdemeanor, Brown said. Both men were freed after posting bonds of $5,000 on each assault charge and $1,500 on the terroristic threat charge, he said.

Lovely’s 15-year-old son, who witnesses told police also was involved in the assault, will be referred to the juvenile justice system, Brown said.

The incident began about 11 a.m. Saturday when a couple received their order from the drive-through window of the restaurant at 2301 E. Southlake Blvd., and were ready to drive away.

But they were blocked by a Bentley. First, the husband honked twice, Brown said.

Then, the woman and the Bentley driver got out and started yelling at each other, followed by two young men who got out of the Bentley, Brown said.

One of the men slapped the woman, who slapped him back, police said.

Then two of the men knocked the woman down and punched her, police said.

The husband was kept in his car by the Bentley’s driver, who told him that he had a gun and threatened to shoot him if he got out, according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Employees who came to the woman’s aid also were threatened by the Bentley driver, although witnesses told police he never actually displayed a weapon.

After the Bentley driver and passengers left, police tracked the car with a license plate number an employee photographed with his cell phone. After tracing the vehicle, police obtained drivers license photos of the men, which the victims identified in a photo lineup, police said.

The woman, whom police did not identify, was treated at the scene, police said.

Source (http://www.star-telegram.com/804/story/1542111.html)

If it were my wife getting beat by another man they would have to shoot me to keep me from defending her. Sorry, but I can't imagine setting back and letting this happen to someone in my family.

waterboy
08-18-2009, 10:52 AM
No joke! They would've had to shoot me to keep me from defending my wife! That is about as chicken $hi+ as it gets........beating up on a woman!:mad:

SWMustang
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
That is about as chicken $hi+ as it gets

No - It's about as Chik Fil icious as it gets. You don't mess with a Tomballian at Chick Fil A. We get ornery. That dude in the car needs to do a better job of controlling his woman. You don't get out of your car to confront someone in that scenario. You don't know if they have a gun or not. Obviously she didn't.

IrishTex
08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
No - It's about as Chik Fil icious as it gets. You don't mess with a Tomballian at Chick Fil A. We get ornery. That dude in the car needs to do a better job of controlling his woman. You don't get out of your car to confront someone in that scenario. You don't know if they have a gun or not. Obviously she didn't.

The Tomball man looks like a pillar of society...

:rolleyes:

:D :D

BobcatBenny
08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
There is nothing wrong with getting out of your vehicle and telling another person what kind of issue you are having with them. It is possible to be civil and in disagreement.

He is lucky it wasn't me.

I would have been the one that got out of my vehicle ... not my wife.

Oh ... by the way ... his "I have a gun" statement would have been met with ... "Me too Jackass!"

SWMustang
08-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
There is nothing wrong with getting out of your vehicle and telling another person what kind of issue you are having with them. It is possible to be civil and in disagreement.

Oh ... by the way ... his "I have a gun" statement would have been met with ... "Me too Jackass!"

You know YOU can be civil but you never know about the other guy.

Originally posted by IrishTex
The Tomball man looks like a pillar of society...

:rolleyes:

:D :D

It takes a village... village idiot in this case :)

95mustang
08-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny

I think by the time he said that statement I would have already dealt with him and working on the second one.

BobcatBenny
08-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
You know YOU can be civil but you never know about the other guy. ...

Thus, I arm myself ... for the other guy. ;)