PDA

View Full Version : Monahans-Big Spring scrimmage results?

westtxfballfan
08-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Normally, I would have driven over from Midland, watched it myself, and reported back. But I had a family reunion in San Angelo on Saturday. Anyone know how it went?

Sweetwater Red
08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I heard Big Spring out scored the Loboes 9-1.:eek: :D

westtxfballfan
08-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I heard Big Spring out scored the Loboes 9-1.:eek: :D

The odds were about 50/50 that you'd be the first one to post with a reply like this one. :)

Sweetwater Red
08-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Only 50/50? I'm slipping. You gonna be able
to make it to Sweetwater when the Loboes come
to town?

Tres Lobos
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Loboes looked good against big spring. Score was a tie, not really sure of how many td's each tho. QB titus went out and didn't play that second round of 1st team Offense. He has a high ankle sprain and i think is gonna be out for the first game, but will be ready for when the loboes go down to sweetwater

Sweetwater Red
08-17-2009, 01:46 PM
That is disappointing to hear about Titus. I
hope he is ready to go for our game. That kid
was worth the price of admission last year in
the quarter-finals.

westtxfballfan
08-17-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Only 50/50? I'm slipping. You gonna be able
to make it to Sweetwater when the Loboes come
to town?

Yep, I'll see you there.

tex_male
08-19-2009, 01:47 PM
http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/08/19/sports/top_stories/doc4a8a31ecb6ffc462706944.txt

Monahans

n Monahans coach Mickey Owens said his team’s scrimmage against Big Spring saw his team do some good things on both sides of the ball and got a good test going up against the Steers’ overall speed.

“They were quite a bit faster than we were,” said Owens of the Steers. “They really are a much improved team.”

Owens said he was really happy with the way the Loboes moved the ball offensively, especially through the air with Quincy Titus at quarterback.

“I think we’ve thrown the ball as good as we have since we’ve been here,” Owens said.

Owens added that while the team still needs to develop depth and consistency in some areas, there were no glaring weaknesses.

n The Loboes next host Abilene Wylie at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the final preseason scrimmage.

Big Spring

n Second-year head coach Phillip Ritchey said he was pleased with last Saturday’s home scrimmage against Monahans. He said the Loboes were physical and helped expose some of his team’s weaknesses.

“It was exactly the kind of scrimmage we thought it was going to be, playing a quality team like Monahans,” Ritchey said.

Ritchey his first team scored four times, while Monahans’ first group scored twice.

The coach said he was most impressed by the play of his lines on both sides of the ball.

“I believe we’re going to be much better up front,” Ritchey said. “I also thought we played real well defensively.”

n The best news that came out of the scrimmage was that the Steers had no major injuries to report.

n Big Spring next scrimmages at Lubbock High at 7 p.m. Friday.

Read more: http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/08/19/sports/top_stories/doc4a8a31ecb6ffc462706944.txt#ixzz0OejwFGW6

Read more: http://www.mywesttexas.com/articles/2009/08/19/sports/top_stories/doc4a8a31ecb6ffc462706944.txt#ixzz0OejdmzVg

DukeNukem
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Score was actually 4-3 in monahans favor i think. however both teams had big plays that would have been called back due to penalties so scores can be deceiving. big spring scored the majority of their tds due to long pass plays and a long run. monahans moved the ball but also scored on a busted play after the qb fumbled the snap. neither team seemed to have alot of depth. there was definitely a difference in both teams starters and backups.