PDA

View Full Version : Cuero vs. Lockhart Scrimmage

Boomer
08-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I believe Cuero's Varsity shut out LH 1 or 2 to zero. As expected, like all the teams, Cuero struggled with their timing on offense. They did get better as the game went on.

Of course, being a scrimmage, you have very little playing time. The starters I saw out there looked good and we have a few weapons I did not think we would have.

I don't know the results of the other games, so if anyone knows, please post them.

PurpleFreddy
08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Where the heck is Lockheart? Is it near Leeandur?

gobbler grad
08-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Where the heck is Lockheart? Is it near Leeandur?

20 miles south of Austin on hwy 183

PurpleFreddy
08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I know where it is ... I just can't believe someone who is supposed to be a Texan can't spell it.

SintonFan_inAustin
08-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Where the heck is Lockheart? Is it near Leeandur? its on the same Hwy, 183. Leander just few miles out of Austin and Lockhart few miles out of Austin

CueroDad08
08-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Cuero did score two times. lockhart did not get into endzone
Cuero O was a little sloppy, did move the ball but turnovers ended the drives. The D is very fast as has been over the years. All 11 fly to the ball. Other than more work the boys look ready.

44INAROW
08-16-2009, 11:40 AM
I was impressed how quick the defense (Cuero's) was last night. Lots of young players out there and they seemed to know what to do and how to do it. Hope that continues.

CueroDad - any idea where all those "scouts" were from? (sitting in the section to the left of where we were sitting) Jeez, there were about 12 of them, clipboards in hand but no identifying markings on their caps or t-shirts. I was thinking maybe they were scouting Lockhart? But they could have been Beeville coaches too? Who knows.

Boomer
08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I was impressed how quick the defense (Cuero's) was last night. Lots of young players out there and they seemed to know what to do and how to do it. Hope that continues.

CueroDad - any idea where all those "scouts" were from? (sitting in the section to the left of where we were sitting) Jeez, there were about 12 of them, clipboards in hand but no identifying markings on their caps or t-shirts. I was thinking maybe they were scouting Lockhart? But they could have been Beeville coaches too? Who knows.

Most of the scouts were from La Grange. I saw LG on their shirts and hats.