PDA

View Full Version : Brenham/Bellville Football Scrimmage

zebrablue2
08-15-2009, 06:49 AM
Let the popping begin. This will be a good test for the Brahmas. Looking forward to today. Bellville fans, post comment's on what you see today.

rancher
08-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I will give an unbiased opinion in about an hour.

Old QB
08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Where is the varsity playing - Bellville or Brenham?

rancher
08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Bellville at 10am

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
#7 3a Bellville Brahmas vs #16 4a Brenham Cubs, sould be a good test for both teams. Starting to get the Friday Night Fever, drove by the Pasture yesterday and the paint crew was out on the field. Good luck to both teams on a injury free scrimmage!

zebrablue2
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Bellville held their own against Brenham. Looked sloppy on the opening 10 offensive plays I saw. They scored during live action on a pass play, about 55 yards. I had to go work the JV for about 30 minutes and missed some of the action. All in all it was a good start to the season. I liked the hit on the Brenham QB, square on the numbers. Good start bulls..

rancher
08-15-2009, 01:12 PM
I could only stay for the opening play series for both teams. Bellville on offense was very very weak in what I saw. They were going backwards and never got past the 40 yard line. Offensive line was very slow, the running backs never exploded they always stopped waiting for some unknown reason QB looked better and seems to have a better feel for the pass pocket. Defensive, very weak in the secondary. They are slow and the Brenham receivers ran circles around them. Could be a long season if the bulls dont solve problems on the offensive side of the ball.

Brahma84
08-15-2009, 01:43 PM
You should have stayed for the running clock part of the scrimmage. Bellville scored two TD's and a field goal. The defense shut Brenham out. They did start out a bit sloppy during the early part of the scrimmage. Over-all, not a bad start for the Bulls. Still VERY early!! That's why you play scrimmages.

Johnny Utah
08-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Bellville is not slow my friend, Brenham is just faster!!!!

Bull's-eye
08-15-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm sure there will be some mixed reviews from this scrimmage, especially if you watched both the controlled & live portions. Bellville didn't have much success early, but really turned things around in the live 20 minutes. I believe the first two series were scripted, as Bellville just seemed to be working on certain plays. I noticed several times they ran the ball, even though they were in a definite passing situation. Brenham had a great first two series, clicking on both sides of the ball. Word out of Brenham, a very talented sophomore class are taking several starting jobs away from last season starters. In the live 20 minutes, both teams looked like two completely different teams. Bellville let their dogs loose on defense and forced Brenham to punt both times they had the ball. Bellville's offense scored two TD's, one coming of a long pass play from Mueller.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-15-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I could only stay for the opening play series for both teams. Bellville on offense was very very weak in what I saw. They were going backwards and never got past the 40 yard line. Offensive line was very slow, the running backs never exploded they always stopped waiting for some unknown reason QB looked better and seems to have a better feel for the pass pocket. Defensive, very weak in the secondary. They are slow and the Brenham receivers ran circles around them. Could be a long season if the bulls dont solve problems on the offensive side of the ball.

You sould have stayed for the whole scimmage, Bellville dominated the 20 min. live action!

Bull's-eye
08-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Bellville is not slow my friend, Brenham is just faster!!!!

Brenham is very fast, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Look for the Cubs to make some noise in 4A. Remember, this team started slow last season, but ended up making a deep playoff run.

Bull's-eye
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Bellville goes to Needville on Thursday for a scrimmage. I heard that Needville only wants to scrimmage for just 25 plays & no live action. Bellville may be looking for another opponent, can anybody confirm this?

rancher
08-15-2009, 03:38 PM
No doubt Brenham was fast, but in the controlled part, #1 vs #1, that I observed, Bellville looked like a J.V. team to Brenham. The brahams will face that type of speed with Giddings, Sealy and LaGrange in district and others in the playoffs if they make it that far. What time is the scrimmage on Thursday, if it is not changed?

dachosenone
08-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Im willing to bet it was scripted play calling until the game situation. Lets just see how we look come week 2/3 when Livingston & Navasota or on the other side. As for Giddings we will be full circle by then

dachosenone
08-15-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Bellville goes to Needville on Thursday for a scrimmage. I heard that Needville only wants to scrimmage for just 25 plays & no live action. Bellville may be looking for another opponent, can anybody confirm this?

That is true but the scrimmage is still going to be played.

zebrablue2
08-15-2009, 08:36 PM
where is brahma mom?? need your thoughts!! what pos. is your son playing?

rhs78
08-15-2009, 09:10 PM
Rice scrimmaged them tonight and only had around 35-40 plays each, no live action. Not for sure why!!! Rice scored twice and Needville once.

Bull's-eye
08-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
Rice scrimmaged them tonight and only had around 35-40 plays each, no live action. Not for sure why!!!

Does Needville have enough players? I would think the 2nd scrimmage would be very important, as far as getting ready for the opening game. Both Bellville & Needville need to correct things from their first scrimmage & also work on special teams. I would hope they change their minds and do some live action. Not really fair for the visiting team to travel that far for only 25 plays. Why is Needville only wanting 25 plays?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Will this also mean the Freshmen and JV will only have few plays?
To long a drive for only a few plays. Whats up in Needville no players?

TRENCHES06
08-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Are you sure this is accurate?

Bull's-eye
08-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Bummer, drive all the way to Needville for only 25 plays. :(

jayfan1
08-16-2009, 01:37 PM
How did Needville do at the Rice scrimmage? Any injuries? Highlights?

dachosenone
08-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by TRENCHES06
Are you sure this is accurate?

I personally talked to one of the coaches on last week.

Bull's-eye
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Any updates on the Needville scrimmage? I hope I can go watch more than 25 plays and see some live action.

BrahmaMom
08-18-2009, 09:58 AM
zebrablue: I concur with the views here. Once the clock started, the Brahmas took care of business. I am closely watching both lines at this point, as he is moving around some. I think our tune ups are going to give us some insight into areas for work and we should have a good season. That said, we are in a tough district and can't make many mistakes. I hope this team is disciplined all the way around. That will make the difference. Always does.

bvillebrahma010
08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
zebrablue: I concur with the views here. Once the clock started, the Brahmas took care of business. I am closely watching both lines at this point, as he is moving around some. I think our tune ups are going to give us some insight into areas for work and we should have a good season. That said, we are in a tough district and can't make many mistakes. I hope this team is disciplined all the way around. That will make the difference. Always does.

no doubt about that. my prayers are out to you with your son brahmamom as i know its tough!! i know this because i stand next to him at practice not dressed out myself!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
08-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Word out of Brenham, a very talented sophomore class are taking several starting jobs away from last season starters. Heard one of those Sophmores has transfered to Bellville this week.