PDA

View Full Version : Archie Chooses and Marries Veronica!

Phil C
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM
:eek:

This is what is going to happen to Archie Andrews in the next comic coming out on Sept. 1, 2009. You can check it out at their web site. You can order your comics there or wait for it at your local comic book store. Either way you will not want to miss it. The one I am worried about is Betty. :(

We await with anticipated breath on this one. More later. I am happy for Veronica but sad for Betty.

Phil C
08-14-2009, 04:42 PM
These are characters in the Archie Comics by the way.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
These are characters in the Archie Comics by the way.

I didn't know they were still alive!!

IrishTex
08-14-2009, 04:54 PM
What's the website please?

SintonFan
08-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
:eek:

This is what is going to happen to Archie Andrews in the next comic coming out on Sept. 1, 2009. You can check it out at their web site. You can order your comics there or wait for it at your local comic book store. Either way you will not want to miss it. The one I am worried about is Betty. :(

We await with anticipated breath on this one. More later. I am happy for Veronica but sad for Betty.
What?!?!?!
We all hoped he would grow up and choose Betty!
BTW, you can still buy these at the Wal-Mart checkout stand.
I loved reading these comics in the 70's and 80's.:)

PhiI C
08-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Just be a little skeptical. It could be some kind of trick like all in a dream type thing. We lost a whole season on the Dallas tv series because everything was a dream that season.

PhiI C
08-15-2009, 08:53 AM
You can order online below.

http://www.archiecomics.com/comic_shop/comic_shop.html

Trashman
08-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Nooooooooooooo..........Archie! Veronica is a BEOTCH! There has to be a warp in the space time continuum. :thinking:

carter08
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
i hate the new look of archie.

betty > veronica.

PhiI C
09-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I just got the first issue. It is Part 1 of 6. Archie did propose to Veronica. It showed them graduating from high school and then he took a walk down memory lane around the town but when he got back they were celebrating them graduating from college. I think it is still part of a fantasy but I haven't figured it out.
The thing is the comic started in 1941 (I think) and now it is in the presence because Veronica is planning for the wedding to be bigger than the Obama Inauguration Ball.
The next issue comes out in a few weeks called The Wedding.
This one should be available at stores where they sell Archie comics. I don't want to give too much away since some of you will no doubt be going post haste to the stores to pick up your issue. (They are $2.50 each by the way).

Antec
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM
I collected Archie Comic Books in the 60s and 70s-got them at stores in Wharton

They were much cheaper by then

Even had a Archies vinyl lp-Love the show on TV as well

Liked Ol Jughead and Reggie

Phil C
09-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Now that the issue has been out and you have had a chance to buy it and read it I still am skeptical about the whole thing. In Issue No. 1 of 6 Archie has just taken a walk down memory lane on on his graduation day from high school. He goes to a fork in the road and takes the left road. I think somehow this is significant but I am not sure why or how. Then when he gets home it is in the future whee he is about to graduate from college. All this adds up to some fantacy I think.

Another thing is that Betty lives in New York City and works there and loves it and her job. Now Betty to me was an outdoor home type girl that loves small towns and now she is happy in the City. I wonder about that too. Not that I am the suspicious type of course.

SintonFan
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe he'll wake up and realize all this is just a bad dream after all.;)

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
They have put out Comic No 3 in this series and Arche and Veronica have had twins - Little Archie and Little Veronica. But now things look like they are about to change. I was right about the cop out. Next issue no. 4 is on sale in early December.

PhiI C
10-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Remember when I told you about memory lane. Well ----

I knew there was going to be a cop out. :mad: