PDA

View Full Version : Great News. 1963 movie Samson and the Slave Queen is available on youtube!!

Phil C
08-14-2009, 12:06 PM
This movie can now be found by going to youtube and on search type in Samson and the Slave Queen part 1. It is shown in 8 parts. Don't miss this one. This movie has been neglected in America by the movie industry and tv. Thank goodness for the poster in giving us a chance to see it. The copy isn't great but it is passable and can be enjoyed. It is in color and set in about the 1600s. It stars Pierre Brice as Zorro and Alan Steel as Samson. In the first few minutes we learn that the King has passed away while visiting out of the country. He has two surving nieces on evil (Malva) and one good (Isabelle). One of them will become the new queen and they are not to await the late King's will. Malva knows that she won't become queen but her and her chief guard Garcia trick Samson into believing the Isabelle is the evil one so Samson agrees to intercept the will that he is convinced that Isabelle will intercept. Isabella is helped by Zorro to see the the real will reaches the country safely.
That starts the conflict between Zorro and Samson who match wits, strenths and skill.
The movie was made in Italy and Spain. I saw it as a young teenager when it was first released.
I can't tell you anymore so as to not ruin the movie but since what I have told you happens in the first part of the movie it won't spoil it for you. Get ready for a treat.

Enjoy !

Phil C
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I found Horror at Party Beach on Youtube, TCM is going to show Hey Girl, Hey Boy in October and now I found Samson and the Slave Queen on Youtube. Movies I wasn't sure I would ever see again. This is encouraging. Life is good.