PDA

View Full Version : Another big blow for Texas

Emerson1
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
DJ Grant who is a RS Fr that transitioned from WR to TE is out for the season. He was the one player I thought would explode onto the scene.

It's back to no TE sets the entire year for Texas now.

BreckTxLonghorn
08-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
DJ Grant who is a RS Fr that transitioned from WR to TE is out for the season. He was the one player I thought would explode onto the scene.

Hear about this last night. Awesome - looks like they may have to find a couple DEs or FBs to get versatile.

BwdLions
08-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Not getting Irby back, losing Marshall and now Grant, it's not good news. They still have Greg Smith, Ian Harris, Ahmard Howard and Barrett Mathews so they'll be alright. They may go ahead and move someone else to TE. We'll see.

95mustang
08-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Might as well forfeit now. :devil:

Electus Unus
08-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm fine with the having Malcom Williams, Jordan Shipley, Brandon Collins, and James kirkendoll all on the field at the same time. Probably a lot of the same 4 WR sets

Maroon87
08-14-2009, 05:06 PM
What's the story on Irby? Is he still a ways off or is he done?

cshscougar08
08-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Trey Graham from Waco Midway is definitely gonna get some playing time now with all these injuries. He is a fantastic guy. Definitely wish him the best, even at tu.

Electus Unus
08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Trey Graham from Waco Midway is definitely gonna get some playing time now with all these injuries. He is a fantastic guy. Definitely wish him the best, even at tu. Barrett Matthews might have something to say about that.

Z-RO
08-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Smith will lose some of the weight and convert back to TE, Dan Buckner has also been lining up as a flexed out TE as well.

Z-RO
08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
What's the story on Irby? Is he still a ways off or is he done?

Still out for the year, has a chance to play again but it isnt looking great at this point. He has the same type of nerve damage that Hills had.

SintonFan
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1

I thought they have 4 TEs? I know the guy is good, but is it a huge blow to the Longhorns?:confused:

Z-RO
08-15-2009, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I thought they have 4 TEs? I know the guy is good, but is it a huge blow to the Longhorns?:confused:

More of a receiving threat if anything.