PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Farmers punished for violating steroid testing protocol

Pick6
08-14-2009, 10:33 AM
The University Interscholastic League's executive committee on Wednesday issued Lewisville a public reprimand and one year of probation for violating steroid testing protocol.

Lewisville's violation of the UIL's steroid-testing protocol during the 2008-09 school year was caused by a mistake in the number of student-athletes selected for testing, Lewisville ISD public information officer Karen Permetti said today.

The result was 33 athletes were tested instead of the 46 required to be in the random sampling.

"We recognized the error late in the day, but it was too late to rectify it," Permetti said. "We reported it right away."

None of Lewisville's student-athletes tested positive, Permetti said.

Footballhudini
08-14-2009, 11:03 AM
sounds like a calallen move

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 11:13 AM
My heart jumped through my chest when I first saw this thread. Thanks! :(

eagleqb_14
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
The University Interscholastic League's executive committee on Wednesday issued Lewisville a public reprimand and one year of probation for violating steroid testing protocol.

Lewisville's violation of the UIL's steroid-testing protocol during the 2008-09 school year was caused by a mistake in the number of student-athletes selected for testing, Lewisville ISD public information officer Karen Permetti said today.

The result was 33 athletes were tested instead of the 46 required to be in the random sampling.

"We recognized the error late in the day, but it was too late to rectify it," Permetti said. "We reported it right away."

None of Lewisville's student-athletes tested positive, Permetti said.

i found out the real reason and inside scoop...there was a computer error in counting the kids and so they really did test enough kids but instead of arguing with the UIL they just said ok we will take responsibility...its really no big deal

BobcatBenny
08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Wow ... I hope they do not get the "Double Secret Probation" next time. :rolleyes: :D

coach
08-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
Wow ... I hope they do not get the "Double Secret Probation" next time. :rolleyes: :D

lol there was a documentry on that movie the other day