PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys/Raiders

CelinaCatFan
08-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Anyone watching?

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Anyone watching? cowboys first offensive series looked like garbage....nothing but 8 man front and lots of pressure on romo....I imagine without TO cowboys will be seeing a lot of those fronts

CelinaCatFan
08-13-2009, 09:24 PM
I think the Cowboys will be ok without TO. Now, they will have a more balanced offense. They will use a lot of 2-TE sets. I could even see Witten and Bennett as top 15 (maybe top 10 tandem) TEs. They will also line Felix up all over the place.

We will see a lot of 8 man fronts this year. However, I do not think it will be because Dallas can't pass. I think it will be because Dallas has 3 good RBs and will force opponents to stop the run.

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan

We will see a lot of 8 man fronts this year. However, I do not think it will be because Dallas can't pass. I think it will be because Dallas has 3 good RBs and will force opponents to stop the run. It won't be because of the running game for the 3 man fronts it'll be because of lack of a #1 receiver and a true deep threat.

Teams will think they can put 8 in the box and just man up on the outside because of that.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
It won't be because of the running game for the 3 man fronts it'll be because of lack of a #1 receiver and a true deep threat.

Teams will think they can put 8 in the box and just man up on the outside because of that.

and that is what Dallas wants them to..you go 8 in box your giving both TE, both WR AND a RB in space one on one

IrishTex
08-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Boy, Felix Jones just looks awesome..

The offense looking good!

:D

forum_guy
08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
cowboys first offensive series looked like garbage....nothing but 8 man front and lots of pressure on romo....I imagine without TO cowboys will be seeing a lot of those fronts

i agree, it is a matter of time until cowboy fans realize that they should have kept owens because of his talent.

Ranger Mom
08-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i agree, it is a matter of time until cowboy fans realize that they should have kept owens because of his talent.

I told my husband I am going to miss him....I got a dirty look for that statement.:(

Emerson1
08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Cowboys need to never leave that 2 TE set. Pound it with the 3 headed monster and throw it just enough to keep Roy happy.

Will be very sad to ever see them in a 4 wide set.

Eagle 1
08-14-2009, 07:35 AM
The offense looked good on the one drive.
The defense still stinks, especially the secondary.:rolleyes:

CelinaCatFan
08-14-2009, 08:12 AM
The defense will be just fine. Last night, Newman and Jenkins (possibly both of our starting cornerbacks) did not even make the trip to the game. The Raiders did not score much until the first team D left the field.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2009, 08:28 AM
What did the final end up being? I lost interest and changed the channel.

piratebg
08-14-2009, 08:29 AM
31-10 Oakland

87 TIGER
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
they looked terrible. glad i'm not a cowboy fan

forum_guy
08-14-2009, 08:31 AM
raiders -1.5 all day

crzyjournalist03
08-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
they looked terrible. glad i'm not a cowboy fan

The Raiders' third stringers really took it to our third stringers...it's the end of the world as we know it.

The 2008 Lions will have company if third stringers are any indication.

SintonFan
08-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I told my husband I am going to miss him....I got a dirty look for that statement.:(
He probably saw this picture.
Link (http://thesportzdiva.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/terrel-owens.png)
j/k

pirate4state
08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I told my husband I am going to miss him....I got a dirty look for that statement.:( LOL

I missed most of the scrimmage. What I saw was not fun to watch! :doh:

Oh well, I never really put too much stock into pre-season games.

Glad McGee got some PT.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Looked alot like a team thats hasn't sniffed a playoff win in ten years.:p

Macarthur
08-14-2009, 11:47 AM
It won't be because of the running game for the 3 man fronts it'll be because of lack of a #1 receiver and a true deep threat.

That means the defense is going to cover Witten and Bennett with safeties or LBers? I like Dallas' odds if teams play Witten and Bennett straight up.

Way too much overreaction going on. It was the first preseason game and most of the guys that played last night will not be on the 53.

GUNHO
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur

Way too much overreaction going on. It was the first preseason game and most of the guys that played last night will not be on the 53. [/B]

That's why I never watch preseason games. It's just for coaches.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 12:52 PM
That means the defense is going to cover Witten and Bennett with safeties or LBers? I like Dallas' odds if teams play Witten and Bennett straight up.

Way too much overreaction going on. It was the first preseason game and most of the guys that played last night will not be on the 53.

But ALL of the guys who went 3 and out in the first series were on the team last season. 2 of the 3 plays were mistakes. I say we can expect the same crap from the Cowboys that we have seen for 10 years.....................Romo lost! Receivers dropping balls! Wade looking like a dunce on the sideline! And JJ talking like an alien who just learned the language thru osmosis!.......
Expect a fun season boys!

Electus Unus
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM

Way too much overreaction going on. It was the first preseason game and most of the guys that played last night will not be on the 53. I like marty b matched up on a LB for a 2cd read

If Witten is a a first, and second read he's not very good because he doesn't create seperation. Witten is bet when the play is busted and romo has to result to 3rd, and 4th reads....hell sometimes even 5th as seen on the touchdown last night

BreckTxLonghorn
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
But ALL of the guys who went 3 and out in the first series were on the team last season. 2 of the 3 plays were mistakes. I say we can expect the same crap from the Cowboys that we have seen for 10 years.....................Romo lost! Receivers dropping balls! Wade looking like a dunce on the sideline! And JJ talking like an alien who just learned the language thru osmosis!.......

And they drove the ball in on the second drive. So which one do you trust?

NEITHER! You can't judge a team on one drive, good or bad. There was simply not enough data (2 drives) to make an informed decision.

I can tell you that lack of depth in the secondary and O-line has me a bit concerned though.

Pick6
08-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
You can't judge a team on one drive, good or bad. There was simply not enough data (2 drives) to make an informed decision.

Sorry BTL, you're wrong farmersfan is right. One series in the 1st pre-season game will determine the outcome of the entire season :rolleyes:

I guess farmersfan was jumping for joy when Dallas went 4-0 in the preseason of 1989.

PPSTATEBOUND
08-14-2009, 01:21 PM

Hilarious Farmersfan......:clap: ..you still got in man!:inlove:

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
And they drove the ball in on the second drive. So which one do you trust?

NEITHER! You can't judge a team on one drive, good or bad. There was simply not enough data (2 drives) to make an informed decision.

I can tell you that lack of depth in the secondary and O-line has me a bit concerned though.

The receivers concern me more than anything. Romo isn't good enough to have average receivers and these guys appear to be less than average. But you are correct. We will have to give them time no matter how much they look just like they did last year...........:(

BwdLions
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Boy, Felix Jones just looks awesome..

The offense looking good!

Jones' old Arkiesaw teammate McFadden looked pretty good for the Raiders too.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Sorry BTL, you're wrong farmersfan is right. One series in the 1st pre-season game will determine the outcome of the entire season :rolleyes:

I guess farmersfan was jumping for joy when Dallas went 4-0 in the preseason of 1989.

No! One series in the 1st preseason game will not determine the entire season. But one series in the 1st preseason game will tell us if we have been force fed a pile of dung from the organization that promised changes in the team that underachieved badly for 10 straight years because of crap just like what we saw in the 1st preseason game last night..... GET IT? Blinders on or not, you can't have been impressed with what you saw. That team last night was so far away from a playoff win that you would have to be a lunatic to think otherwise.

Pick6
08-14-2009, 01:36 PM
That team last night was so far away from a playoff win that you would have to be a lunatic to think otherwise.

You go into the 1st pre-season game hoping to see playoff caliber football? Are you that disillusioned that you think they were playing to get in the playoffs? That has to be the craziest thing I've ever read after a 1st pre-season game. No wonder your cup is always half empty.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 02:06 PM
You go into the 1st pre-season game hoping to see playoff caliber football? Are you that disillusioned that you think they were playing to get in the playoffs? That has to be the craziest thing I've ever read after a 1st pre-season game. No wonder your cup is always half empty.

Getting into a pissing match with you again is not going to happen no matter how much you dismiss my opinion or insult me. Take it for what it is. I expected to see CHANGES in how the organization goes about it's business. If you were around after the debacle in Philly week 16 last year you should remember a whole lot of promises, tears and self reflection done by the owners, coaches and players of this team. THAT encouraged me! I was pumped for this team. Finally I thought the "powers that be" saw the failings of this team and were committed to fixing it. A owner who knows very little about football but is willing to spend millions to prove that wrong. A head coach who is nothing but a "Stilwell angel" who hung around his daddy's coat tails and got his career by default. And a fancy pants QB who had a few brief moments of shining success and earned himself a HUGE contract, a sexy starlet, and a ego the size of uranius. They all kneeled humbly in front of the world and said changes were needed and changes were coming. But it appears those changes are about as phantom as the changes of another person who made the same type promises!

Pick6
08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Getting into a pissing match with you again is not going to happen no matter how much you dismiss my opinion or insult me. Take it for what it is. I expected to see CHANGES in how the organization goes about it's business. If you were around after the debacle in Philly week 16 last year you should remember a whole lot of promises, tears and self reflection done by the owners, coaches and players of this team. THAT encouraged me! I was pumped for this team. Finally I thought the "powers that be" saw the failings of this team and were committed to fixing it. A owner who knows very little about football but is willing to spend millions to prove that wrong. A head coach who is nothing but a "Stilwell angel" who hung around his daddy's coat tails and got his career by default. And a fancy pants QB who had a few brief moments of shining success and earned himself a HUGE contract, a sexy starlet, and a ego the size of uranius. They all kneeled humbly in front of the world and said changes were needed and changes were coming. But it appears those changes are about as phantom as the changes of another person who made the same type promises!

I was around after week 16 last year, it was ugly. I was also around when Dallas went 4-0 in pre-season and 1-15 in the regular season. For some reason you can't comprehend the 1st and last pre-season game, and some quarters in the other games doesn't mean squat.

I don't know why you're on a football message board. With you knowledge :rolleyes: of seeing how a season will play out after 1 series, you should be a NFL coach :rolleyes: or atleast a bookie in Vegas.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 03:05 PM
I was around after week 16 last year, it was ugly. I was also around when Dallas went 4-0 in pre-season and 1-15 in the regular season. For some reason you can't comprehend the 1st and last pre-season game, and some quarters in the other games doesn't mean squat.

I don't know why you're on a football message board. With you knowledge :rolleyes: of seeing how a season will play out after 1 series, you should be a NFL coach :rolleyes: or atleast a bookie in Vegas.

Call it psychic! Call it wisdom of the ages if you want! Or you can simply call it what it is: Seeing the same thing I've seen for a dozen other years in the past and seeing what result come from it.

Futility has been defined by some very wise men as doing things the same way but expecting a different result. (much like trying to discuss someting with you). sorry! couldn't resist. :D :D
Have a great weekend!

Pick6
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Call it psychic! Call it wisdom of the ages if you want!

If I get to call it what I want, how about stupidity. Aaahhh, now I'll have a great weekend.

SintonFan
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
lol
Prognostications from a game that doesn't count.:clap: :D
lol

Txbroadcaster
08-14-2009, 09:08 PM

So the starters on O had TWO series...You choose to just look at the 3 and out and not even mention how the second series saw the O-line give good protection, Romo made good decisions. they used a variety of weapons and marched down and scored. Yet again u just want to mention the bad series.

JasperDog94
08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
On another topic...can we please, for the love of everything holy, get a better receiver than Miles Austin? He was back to his old tricks of dropping a pass that hit him right in his hands in a slant over the middle. We've got to do better than this!:mad: :( :(

Oh, and did anyone else hate the lack of replays and terrible camera angles on the replays we did get during this game?

Trashman
08-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Didn't the Cowboys lose most of their pre-season games, during their super bowl runs under Jimmy Johnson?:thinking:

Big Papa
08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Call it psychic! Call it wisdom of the ages if you want! Or you can simply call it what it is: Seeing the same thing I've seen for a dozen other years in the past and seeing what result come from it.

Futility has been defined by some very wise men as doing things the same way but expecting a different result. (much like trying to discuss someting with you). sorry! couldn't resist. :D :D
Have a great weekend!

call it whatever.. but if this is how you are as a cowboys fan..
i dont think i would want you as a fan

TheDOCTORdre
08-15-2009, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Didn't the Cowboys lose most of their pre-season games, during their super bowl runs under Jimmy Johnson?:thinking:

and look at the 2008 detroit lions who went undefeated in the pre-season and how that transfered into the "huge" success they had in the regular season :D

folks need to quit trying to make mountains out of mole hills lets talk a couple of weeks from tonight after the third preseason game against San Fran when the starters will play at least a half to three quarters...even more importantly than that lets talk on Sept 13 when the regular season begins