PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Stallworth suspended for 2009 season

jason
08-13-2009, 03:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-stallworthsuspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

good....

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 03:56 PM
12 games would have been fair...i think a year is to harsh

jason
08-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
12 games would have been fair...i think a year is to harsh he got drunk and killed somebody - he should be in jail for the rest of his life, not on a field making millions of dollars...

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2009, 04:02 PM
I could be mistaken, but wasn't there a defensive lineman for the Rams that had a very similar incident a few years ago? As I recall, he kept playing.

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
he got drunk and killed somebody - he should be in jail for the rest of his life, not on a field making millions of dollars... What was his BAC in the case? Maybe i'll change my mind

BreckTxLonghorn
08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
What was his BAC in the case? Maybe i'll change my mind

Human killed, suspension: 16 games

Dogs killed, suspension: 38 games

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2009, 04:05 PM
just looked it up...Leonard Little killed a woman while driving drunk in 1998, and got a four-game suspension.

ziggy29
08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn

Human killed, suspension: 16 games

Dogs killed, suspension: 38 games
True, but apples and oranges for the following reasons:

* Vick's transgressions included clear intent to commit crimes and engage in inhumane activities

* The victim's family in the Stallworth case was $ati$fied that justice has been done in the incident already.

Intent and the approval of the victim and/or their family matters when it comes down to meting out justice.

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 04:11 PM
I read where the guy stepped out in front of his car...if that is the case then its just a wrong place at wrong time.

I think he should be punished for driving drunk but not for that guy jumping out in front of his vehicle(cause he apparently "jaywalked")

Ranger Mom
08-13-2009, 04:17 PM
I read where the guy stepped out in front of his car...if that is the case then its just a wrong place at wrong time.

I think he should be punished for driving drunk but not for that guy jumping out in front of his vehicle(cause he apparently "jaywalked")

That was what I heard too! In fact, they had "grainy surveillance" that showed "drunk or sober" Stallworth probably wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

I was shocked at losing his license FOREVER!!!!:eek:

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That was what I heard too! In fact, they had "grainy surveillance" that showed "drunk or sober" Stallworth probably wouldn't have been able to stop in time.

I was shocked at losing his license FOREVER!!!!:eek: i think that is only in the state of florida about the license

BEAST
08-13-2009, 04:24 PM
This kind of stuff drives me crazy. You see these athletes get popped for driving drunk. Having drugs on them. Raping some girl. My question is this, how dumb are these guys. You make zillions of dollars. Pay a driver to drive you. Pay some punk to bring you your dope. If you want to rape somebody, hire a high dollar call girl, she wont care.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
. If you want to rape somebody, hire a high dollar call girl, she wont care.

BEAST

Wow, one of the the most disgusting comments I have ever seen on here

Ranger Mom
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
i think that is only in the state of florida about the license

Ohhh!!!!!!!

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
This kind of stuff drives me crazy. You see these athletes get popped for driving drunk. Having drugs on them. Raping some girl. My question is this, how dumb are these guys. You make zillions of dollars. Pay a driver to drive you. Pay some punk to bring you your dope. If you want to rape somebody, hire a high dollar call girl, she wont care.

BEAST I think majority of the "rape" allegations come from skanks wanting $$$

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 04:27 PM
I think majority of the "rape" allegations come from skanks wanting $$$

NVM read what u said wrong lol

ziggy29
08-13-2009, 04:37 PM
You make zillions of dollars. Pay a driver to drive you.
Disturbing rape comments aside, this I agree with. My wife and I were discussing this. You have THAT much money, why not hire a driver to bar hop?

Same with Plax. Dude, why carry an unlicensed illegally concealed weapon? You have the bucks to hire bodyguards with weapons training and concealed carry licenses.

More money than common sense.

BEAST
08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I didnt mean to rape the call girl. But crap if they just got to be rough about it, the call girl will perform for them however they want them to.

BEAST

Ranger Mom
08-13-2009, 04:43 PM
I didnt mean to rape the call girl. But crap if they just got to be rough about it, the call girl will perform for them however they want them to.

BEAST

I knew what you were saying!!!:p

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 04:44 PM

BEAST

most times a rape happens not because of a fetish to be rough, or being dominate in a sexual way

It is about a guy having the power to TAKE something from a woman when she is not wanting to give it. Playing a game will not quell the dark demons a rapist truly has

crzyjournalist03
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
so nobody wants to comment on my perfectly logical apples-to-apples comparison of Leonard Little getting 4 games for manslaughter while intoxicated and Stallworth getting 16?

BEAST
08-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
most times a rape happens not because of a fetish to be rough, or being dominate in a sexual way

It is about a guy having the power to TAKE something from a woman when she is not wanting to give it. Playing a game will not quell the dark demons a rapist truly has

I agree with that but you know what I am saying. These "athletes" are the biggest dumbasses ever. It is the very small minority but still. Absolutely insane.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
so nobody wants to comment on my perfectly logical apples-to-apples comparison of Leonard Little getting 4 games for manslaughter while intoxicated and Stallworth getting 16?

hard to compare because the changes the NFL has made regarding criminal issues with players

Pick6
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Different commish now.

Electus Unus
08-13-2009, 04:51 PM
so nobody wants to comment on my perfectly logical apples-to-apples comparison of Leonard Little getting 4 games for manslaughter while intoxicated and Stallworth getting 16? i thought it was 8 games?

Goodell is an unfair commish i think....he tries to make "examples" of everyone

Pick6
08-13-2009, 04:59 PM
i thought it was 8 games?

Goodell is an unfair commish i think....he tries to make "examples" of everyone

If he makes examples of everyone, how is he unfair? he's been strict and hard on all of the one's that has come before him.

Footballhudini
08-13-2009, 04:59 PM
nowdays its more and more the girls raping guys imho

ziggy29
08-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Goodell is an unfair commish i think....he tries to make "examples" of everyone [/B]
By suspending and fining people for doing things that would cause most of us to get fired and become unemployable for life?

coach
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
I think majority of the "rape" allegations come from skanks wanting $$$

justask rick patino