PDA

View Full Version : Any Celina fans

Gsquared
08-13-2009, 08:27 AM
everfind out for sure where they are playing Daingerfield?

jason
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
heard they already sold out most of the new cowboys stadium for this game...

Pick6
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jason
heard they already sold out most of the new cowboys stadium for this game...

heard they are fixing to sell the standing room only tickets for that game...

waterboy
08-13-2009, 09:48 AM
It'll be IN Daingerfield. That is one TOUGH place to play. Get there early, seating is limited. You may want to bring a blanket for the hill.

lulu
08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
It'll be IN Daingerfield. That is one TOUGH place to play. Get there early, seating is limited. You may want to bring a blanket for the hill.

What's the date of that game? I just might have to miss my Panthers that night.

waterboy
08-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by lulu
What's the date of that game? I just might have to miss my Panthers that night.
I believe that game is to be played on 9/11 (Week 2 - the 3rd game of the season for those who have games in Week 0).

Orange Defense
08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Celina Plays Daingerfield on September 11 in Daingerfield and the game starts at 7:30PM.

Whats up Gman?

waterboy
08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Good to see you, OD. How long has it been since you've been over to that other site where those Tiger fans are talking smack? As a collective group, they talk smack better than anybody I've seen.....:doh:

Orange Defense
08-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks Waterboy! It's good to be on this side of the grass! I'm not sure I know the Tiger sight your referring to?

waterboy
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Thanks Waterboy! It's good to be on this side of the grass! I'm not sure I know the Tiger sight your referring to?
Maybe I'm confusing you for someone else. I'm talking about smoaky.

Gsquared
08-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Orange Defense
Celina Plays Daingerfield on September 11 in Daingerfield and the game starts at 7:30PM.

Whats up Gman?
nm, am I gonna see ya at the scrimmage Saturday night?

Gsquared
08-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Dang, after reading Smoaky, pumps me up for this one!

d0tc0m
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM
I considered making the 6 hour drive in from fayetteville to daingerfield to see this one, a) because I'd love to see Butch finally best those east texas tigers, and b) it's going to be a very good game again. But my friends and i are making the 2 hour drive to Tulsa to watch Jenks vs Union instead. Hopefully this one will be streamed on the internet somewhere though so we can listen to it.

Gsquared
08-14-2009, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
I considered making the 6 hour drive in from fayetteville to daingerfield to see this one, a) because I'd love to see Butch finally best those east texas tigers, and b) it's going to be a very good game again. But my friends and i are making the 2 hour drive to Tulsa to watch Jenks vs Union instead. Hopefully this one will be streamed on the internet somewhere though so we can listen to it.
That would be a fun one to see but id still pick Celina/Dfield

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 10:32 AM
Can any Celina fans answer a question for me? I was told yesterday that the Celina coaches require that the football players NOT TALK at all on game day. No talking during school, no talking during the bus ride and no talking in the dressing room. Is this just a false rumor or is it true?

NTFan
08-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Can any Celina fans answer a question for me? I was told yesterday that the Celina coaches require that the football players NOT TALK at all on game day. No talking during school, no talking during the bus ride and no talking in the dressing room. Is this just a false rumor or is it true?

The Celina kids are allowed to talk at school. But, during pre-game meal and pre-game dressing room there are no radios allowed. It is silent. Bus rides also. Read your game reviews and scouting reports and get your mind ready.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Mental prep boys. They say that 90 percent of the game is mental and 100 percent of it is physical and 110 percent of it is heart. Course I never could add right.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by NTFan
The Celina kids are allowed to talk at school. But, during pre-game meal and pre-game dressing room there are no radios allowed. It is silent. Bus rides also. Read your game reviews and scouting reports and get your mind ready.

Seems a bit extreme but you can't argue with the results.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Think of it this way. There is plenty of time to have fun as a student. But only 16 game days for the varsity. Well a lot of the time.:D

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by NTFan

Does the school provide a mandatory pregame meal? Is the menu decided by coaches or is it open menu? And does the team have a pre-game meal before home games? I find it amazing how different some programs are.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Think of it this way. There is plenty of time to have fun as a student. But only 16 game days for the varsity. Well a lot of the time.:D

I would completely buy into that kind of thinking. But I can't help but imagine the number of Parents that would be screaming at the AD if their darling son was denied his Ipod or cell phone. A lot the things that I imagine go on in Celina would bring about lawsuits in other places. Mandatory summer performance courses (at parents expense) are a perfect example. The coaches in Farmersville several years back tried to make them mandatory but a ton of the parents refused to spend the money. The mandatory part of it went away very quickly.

Ranger Mom
08-14-2009, 10:54 AM
They eat BEFORE the game???

Maybe that's what our problem is, we don't feed our guys til AFTER the game!!:thinking:

pirate4state
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They eat BEFORE the game???

Maybe that's what our problem is, we don't feed our guys til AFTER the game!!:thinking:

:eek: :eek:

Our players eat, as a team, before games. :thumbsup:

d0tc0m
08-14-2009, 11:48 AM
I would completely buy into that kind of thinking. But I can't help but imagine the number of Parents that would be screaming at the AD if their darling son was denied his Ipod or cell phone. A lot the things that I imagine go on in Celina would bring about lawsuits in other places. Mandatory summer performance courses (at parents expense) are a perfect example. The coaches in Farmersville several years back tried to make them mandatory but a ton of the parents refused to spend the money. The mandatory part of it went away very quickly.

That's part of what has fueled Celina's success. Everyone in the community buys into the program and supports it and the players and coaches. It was always said, "Don't let money keep you from showing up," with regards to summer programs. And when I played, it wasn't as extreme as you describe it. We could talk during school and during pregame meals. The only time there was no talking and no cds/ipods was on the bus ride, and in the locker room. It never seemed extreme, it seemed routine to us, nothing out of the ordinary. Can't argue with 8 titles either.

Balcones fault
08-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Celina has come a long way. Heck, they even let the girls play volleyball during football season now. Used to be the only girls fall sports were cross-country (meets on Saturday) and then basketball later on in the fall.

Celina football is indeed, focused.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by d0tc0m
That's part of what has fueled Celina's success. Everyone in the community buys into the program and supports it and the players and coaches. It was always said, "Don't let money keep you from showing up," with regards to summer programs. And when I played, it wasn't as extreme as you describe it. We could talk during school and during pregame meals. The only time there was no talking and no cds/ipods was on the bus ride, and in the locker room. It never seemed extreme, it seemed routine to us, nothing out of the ordinary. Can't argue with 8 titles either.

Which came first in your opinion, the buy-in from the community or the success? Was it hard in the beginning to get support for some of these intense programs?

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
I think it is character. When you have men of good character and consistency. The staff has been consistent for years with the men at the top doing consistently the same things year in and out. It is not flawless but it does lend itself to trust. You cannot always agree with anything but you can see what has been and will be expected over time to show that you can trust the program and the rules and the success is a result of the character and quality of the coaches and the young men they coach. Had Troy M over yesterday watching my third graders and he was yes sir and no sir to me. I like that kind of character and am trying very much to get my boy to grow up just like that.

BwdLion73
08-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Seems a bit extreme but you can't argue with the results.

I think your right by todays standards. Seems a little relaxed coming from a 70's Gordon Wood era. I recall White shirt,Maroon Blazer, Black Tie. Exceptable words were Yes Sir, No Sir, and Thank You. LOL :)

I think Celina has a program to be admired.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I think your right by todays standards. Seems a little relaxed coming from a 70's Gordon Wood era. I recall White shirt,Maroon Blazer, Black Tie. Exceptable words were Yes Sir, No Sir, and Thank You. LOL :)

I think Celina has a program to be admired.

The proof is in the results! And if what BillyFredooo said is correct and things are applied evenly and without prejudices then I think we all could buy into it. Unfortuntely, far too often even tough, discipline oriented coaches apply the rules on a whim or with different standards for different players. It only takes one time and the effect could be ruined. I agree, Celina's program is to be admired.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 01:58 PM
The proof is in the results! And if what BillyFredooo said is correct and things are applied evenly and without prejudices then I think we all could buy into it. Unfortuntely, far too often even tough, discipline oriented coaches apply the rules on a whim or with different standards for different players. It only takes one time and the effect could be ruined. I agree, Celina's program is to be admired.

I also said it was not flawless. There is politics. And there are always parents who believe they know more than the coaches.
And there are player controversies from time to time. But most of that stems from people not truly understanding the philosophy of the staff and what they envision the team as being. You cannot have a drop back qb for instance in this system cause the qb is an extra running position aka the old veer teams. He also must throw on the run. it is a ball c ontrol offense that grinds you down by keeping the ball on the field. And we always are oversupplied with skill position players. So everybody thinks they should have their boys play. In those ways we are no different than other systems. But the character and the trust that the coaches inspire helps the boys to believe and play. There are better years and worse years with better attitudes and worse. This year looks good in terms of attitude. What gives you a chance of being amazing is the ability of the coaches to see apptitude and attitude for positions and build in the boys an understanding that there is no such thing as a glory position. The boys see that everyone has to do their job. That is a big deal to me because if my son ever does play he is a lineman and wants to be a lineman on defense. He loves it. If he gets that far in a couple of more years then we see if he still wants it. IF he does I garauntee you the coaches will get the most they can out of him.

Farmersfan
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I also said it was not flawless. There is politics. And there are always parents who believe they know more than the coaches.
And there are player controversies from time to time. But most of that stems from people not truly understanding the philosophy of the staff and what they envision the team as being. You cannot have a drop back qb for instance in this system cause the qb is an extra running position aka the old veer teams. He also must throw on the run. it is a ball c ontrol offense that grinds you down by keeping the ball on the field. And we always are oversupplied with skill position players. So everybody thinks they should have their boys play. In those ways we are no different than other systems. But the character and the trust that the coaches inspire helps the boys to believe and play. There are better years and worse years with better attitudes and worse. This year looks good in terms of attitude. What gives you a chance of being amazing is the ability of the coaches to see apptitude and attitude for positions and build in the boys an understanding that there is no such thing as a glory position. The boys see that everyone has to do their job. That is a big deal to me because if my son ever does play he is a lineman and wants to be a lineman on defense. He loves it. If he gets that far in a couple of more years then we see if he still wants it. IF he does I garauntee you the coaches will get the most they can out of him.

Nice! :clap:

Balcones fault
08-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Nicely stated, BillyFred. How well will that system hold up as Celina moves up in classifications? Or perhaps Celina voters will elect to build 2 high schools, both 2A-3A? :)

WildTexan972
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
It will be years before Celina moves up....tons more housing going up in Frisco and Prosper and McKinney and Little Elm than there is around Celina....beyond that, I doubt any actual decisions would be made about adding another high school until Celina is alreay at 4A and seeing how that growth pattern holds....

here we are in the land of the orange waiting for the 1st SCRIMMAGE and the hay bales are out....once you get tired of seeing them I think they lose most of the message....

a scrimmage.....good grief....

I'll give him credit though - he sure put up a great display for Independence Day along Preston Rd

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 03:24 PM
But as I said. This is about the coaching staff, their longevity, and the trust they inspire by their integrity. If you have two schools and one keeps the coaches, you have a little less to choose from but still have the system.

WildTexan972
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
but if Butch were to move to AD only if Celina split to 2 schools, both teams could use the same methods of character and integrity and the youth teams could still train as junior Bobcats and.....and.....hmmmm....so the other team could be called....

BENNY'S ??????

or maybe they could be the Lions.....this state deserves to have at least 1 great Lions team and I just don't see any livin up to the name lately.....

Balcones fault
08-14-2009, 03:41 PM
"here we are in the land of the orange waiting for the 1st SCRIMMAGE and the hay bales are out....once you get tired of seeing them I think they lose most of the message...."

There are places down here and south of here that would consider school spirit hay bales to be quite a luxury.

BILLYFRED0000
08-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
but if Butch were to move to AD only if Celina split to 2 schools, both teams could use the same methods of character and integrity and the youth teams could still train as junior Bobcats and.....and.....hmmmm....so the other team could be called....

BENNY'S ??????

or maybe they could be the Lions.....this state deserves to have at least 1 great Lions team and I just don't see any livin up to the name lately.....

Yeah lets go bobcats lets go lions. Just put them in different regions and then we can have some real fun.

lulu
08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek:

Our players eat, as a team, before games. :thumbsup:

So do ours. Why would the team not eat before game? Unless the game were really early. Or maybe they eat a late lunch. Whatever gets the job done........

:2thumbsup :2thumbsup