PDA

View Full Version : Leach Therapy

BobcatBenny
08-12-2009, 03:22 PM
Too good to pass up! :D

Next month's cover.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/blogs/stateofmine/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/0909_LEACH_BLOG.jpg

coach
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
how the hell is he considered one of the best coaches in the country...i can think of 25 coaches better then his overrated pirate arse

BreckTxLonghorn
08-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by coach
how the hell is he considered one of the best coaches in the country...i can think of 25 coaches better then his overrated pirate arse

Tech went from an also-ran that was a distant third in in-state recruiting and competitive every now and again to an upper echelon team year in, year out, and all that consistency started with Leach. Hate'em or Love'em, he's a good recruiter, and a damn good coach.

BobcatBenny
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I do not think he is up for "one of the best", but it is proposed that he may be "the best".

Gsquared
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
I think he is a good coach in the fact that he has perfected a system that gives defenses fits. Nothing genius about him or anything but he has to have some substance to do what he has done.

raider red 2000
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM

name em

BobcatBenny
08-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
name em
I do not think there are any that can be named.

And ... I am talking about coaches ... not figure heads.

JasperDog94
08-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by BobcatBenny
I do not think there are any that can be named.

And ... I am talking about coaches ... not figure heads. You don't think "any" can be named? How about Urban Meyer for starters?

BobcatBenny
08-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
You don't think "any" can be named? How about Urban Meyer for starters?
His two years at Utah were very impressive.

And ... he does win the big game.

Yet somehow he averages more than two losses a season with the Gators. How does he do that?

Urban is one reasonable name. Could he be as successful at Tech?

maestro
08-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
name em

now you went and got raider red fired up..

OldBison75
08-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I think that Leach has shown that he can build a winning program and compete for recruits in a tough situation. BUT, to say he is one of the best may be overstating the accomplishments of the man. He has proven he can build a winning program, but has not won the big game that brings credibility. Yeah, I know they beat Texas last year, but then they lose to Oklahoma when they could have gained that stature. They also lost a bowl game.

I would place him in the top twenty overall and the top 5 program builders. With his unique style, he has proven that he can take what other school consider as average recruits and use thier talents to the fullest and motivate them to play with and beat the "big dogs". Now he needs to have that killer instinct that the greats have to routinely go into the enemies field and take control. Offensively he is a master, but defensively he needs to be as creative. His teams have proven that they can shut people down for a half, but that needs to be a full game for him to be the complete head coach. He may outscore alot of teams, but Oklahoma proved that they can score and play defense.

Maroon87
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM

Yet somehow he averages more than two losses a season with the Gators. How does he do that?

Because just about every week in the SEC you're playing someone in the top 15 or 20.

BobcatBenny
08-12-2009, 08:20 PM
Here is the thing I like about Leach.

He knows how to set goals.

We will see if his next goal is met this season. I personally think it will. :D

crabman
08-12-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPcMXWJjUg&feature=PlayList&p=BB6C540A84546D63&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojLtDcoY4w&feature=PlayList&p=477F44E0BD960531&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=36

Leach is a hoot.

Txbroadcaster
08-13-2009, 11:07 AM
As a Texas fan I love Leach..he proves that you can be succesful as a coach without being "normal"

DDBooger
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
As a Texas fan I love Leach..he proves that you can be succesful as a coach without being "normal"
aren't him and Bellicheck good friends? It would make sense, but I thought I heard that somewhere.

raider red 2000
08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by maestro
now you went and got raider red fired up..

heck....dosnt take much sometimes. :)

but i am surprised all we have seen better than leach is urban meyer.... should be 24 more names.

:)

nobogey72
08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Everything is relative, but I would like to see Urban Meyer recruit to Lubbock Tx. Trying to decide who is the "best" coach is like argueing which is better: vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Like him or not, he is filling the stadium and making the school a ton of money. Florida has been filling the stands long before Urban Meyer showed up. And, I love Urban Meyer.

coach
08-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Everything is relative, but I would like to see Urban Meyer recruit to Lubbock Tx. Trying to decide who is the "best" coach is like argueing which is better: vanilla or chocolate ice cream. Like him or not, he is filling the stadium and making the school a ton of money. Florida has been filling the stands long before Urban Meyer showed up. And, I love Urban Meyer.

so being a good coach is about filling the stands? hell franchione must be a top 10 coach of all time...for you to argue that leach is a bwetter coach than urban meyer is just plain stupid and homerism....if leach was such a great coach they woulda beat ole miss last year...tech is a mediocre fb team that has no defense....if leach was a great coach they would be great every year not just every other year

Balcones fault
08-14-2009, 12:37 PM
I think TT v A&M has huge potential to become a great rivalry. UT v. A&M now pales in comparison to UT v. OU. Think about it.....aggies v. sandaggies. :)

BobcatBenny
08-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Balcones fault
I think TT v A&M has huge potential to become a great rivalry. UT v. A&M now pales in comparison to UT v. OU. Think about it.....aggies v. sandaggies. :)
I think A&M needs to win a few games before Tech can really take 'em seriously.

Balcones fault
08-14-2009, 02:58 PM
I think A&M needs to win a few games before Tech can really take 'em seriously.

True that, but thrashing the aggies is SO much fun to watch.

WildTexan972
08-14-2009, 03:12 PM

opinions vary..........

WildTexan972
08-14-2009, 03:17 PM
so being a good coach is about filling the stands? hell franchione must be a top 10 coach of all time...for you to argue that leach is a bwetter coach than urban meyer is just plain stupid and homerism....if leach was such a great coach they woulda beat ole miss last year...tech is a mediocre fb team that has no defense....if leach was a great coach they would be great every year not just every other year

your hatred for Leach is noted, but then again who gives a crap what you think....Urban Meyer is a good coach alright, as is Stoops (except in bowl games) and Mack (except to have a top 5 recruiting class every year he sure has not produced much with it by his COACHING) as are plenty of coaches.....but the piece was written to aim at a coach in TEXAS by a Texas magazine so you whinin like a little girl about Meyer is just plain 2Todd

nobogey72
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM

What part of my post said I thought Leech was a better coach than Urban Meyer? I just said that argueing either side of a deal like that is stupid. I like Leach and I think he has been great for TT. What part of my post said that Leach was a great coach? You are seeing stuff that wasn't there.:confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
What part of my post said I thought Leech was a better coach than Urban Meyer? I just said that argueing either side of a deal like that is stupid. I like Leach and I think he has been great for TT. What part of my post said that Leach was a great coach? You are seeing stuff that wasn't there.:confused: :confused:

You stupid homer!!!:D

RMAC
08-14-2009, 09:44 PM
He is a good coach. Give him the money and recruits that UT or OU have and Tech is a contender every year. Love him or hate him that is a fact and you all know it.

Gators17
08-15-2009, 12:19 AM
if leach was such a great coach they woulda beat ole miss last year

Florida lost to Ole' Miss, too. Bobby Bowden, Pete Carroll, Joe Paterno, Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, Oklahoma State Head Coach, Mark Richt (sp?) Georgia's coach is who I'm trying to say, and then maybe Mike Leach. But all of those coaches are better than Leach, IMO. The OSU coach maybe a little controversial.

BobcatBenny
08-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Gators17
Florida lost to Ole' Miss, too. Bobby Bowden, Pete Carroll, Joe Paterno, Urban Meyer, Steve Spurrier, Mack Brown, Bob Stoops, Oklahoma State Head Coach, Mark Richt (sp?) Georgia's coach is who I'm trying to say, and then maybe Mike Leach. But all of those coaches are better than Leach, IMO. The OSU coach maybe a little controversial.
No, figure head, figure head, OK, no, figure head, OK, like the guy, no. :D