PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Stadium

Trashman
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
The sprawling new $1.15 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys is nearly sold out for the 2009 season.

Team spokesman Brett Daniels says Cowboys Stadium in Arlington is 95 percent sold out. A few thousand season tickets remain and will be available during a "select a seat" event on Saturday.

Daniels on Wednesday told The Associated Press that more than 22,000 "Party Pass" tickets, at $29 apiece, have been sold.

The ticket is essentially standing-room only, with 180,000 square feet built into the stadium specifically so fans can hang out during games. Much of the space is in decks and patios.

The retractable-roof stadium has capacity of about 100,000 for football, with 300 luxury suites.

The Cowboys on Aug. 21 play their first game in the new stadium, facing Tennessee in a preseason matchup.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 01:11 PM
I got tickets to the Carolina game, still some singles left. I hope the party pass people are limited to a certain area or that could be a congested stadium.

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I got tickets to the Carolina game, still some singles left. I hope the party pass people are limited to a certain area or that could be a congested stadium.

The Party Pass ticket holders are indeed in a certain area..or "patio" area of the stadium...there are no seats there and it's like 3 large patios....there is like a small bar type of thing surrounding the "patio" so a person can set their drinks there and stand..

It's awesome and when I get home on my computer, I'll send pics.

:)

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Can a party pass get you throughout the stadium? We have tickets, but were thinking about getting some party passes for my daughter. I know a lot of the season ticket holders weren't too happy with the party passes, but it sounds like a great option for fans who can't find tickets or afford season tickets. I bet the ticket brokers aren't too happy. ;)

Trashman
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Why would anyone want to walk a mile from the parking lot to the stadium, stand for 3 hours to watch a game then walk a mile back to their car?:rolleyes:

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
Why would anyone want to walk a mile from the parking lot to the stadium, stand for 3 hours to watch a game then walk a mile back to their car?:rolleyes:

True Fans! If I lived in the Dallas area, I would definitely get a pass for the Giant's game.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 03:13 PM
I have a party pass for the Giants game(which I'm sure most of those 22,000 do too).

Irish do you know if we will be limited to endzones only? I know there is railing and little bar things along the entire 200 level. How would they know which tickets we have? I still have my george strait ticketmaster ticket, I could just take that show them the section 213 and get access to all that stuff :D

I plan on being in line at least an hour before doors open to get a good standing spot. I also know people with season tickets so we are going to have them scouting for seats that don't get filled.

Jerry is a GENIUS. 22,000 * $29 = $638,000. Plus 3 to a car * 40 = $293,333

Pick6
08-12-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Trashman

Your right, just because you're in doesn't mean you'll have a good view of the field. The majority of the standing room area is in the end zone area's, not even a view of the main big screen.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Your right, just because you're in doesn't mean you'll have a good view of the field. The majority of the standing room area is in the end zone area's, not even a view of the main big screen.
The view is not that bad at all unless you just are way in the back. The spot I picked out is just above someone who paid $4,000 for their season ticket.

I plan on being in the parking lot when they open and in line soon after then not moving at all from my spot. Luckily I am skinny and can squeeze through crowds easily.

Trashman
08-12-2009, 04:14 PM
I still think a seat in my recliner, is better than sitting in the Boss Hogg Bowl. I will make a game but you just can't beat being at home, where the food is better and the beer cheaper. LOL :D

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Can a party pass get you throughout the stadium? We have tickets, but were thinking about getting some party passes for my daughter. I know a lot of the season ticket holders weren't too happy with the party passes, but it sounds like a great option for fans who can't find tickets or afford season tickets. I bet the ticket brokers aren't too happy. ;)

Great question and the answer is no.
One of the most frustrating things that fans and spectators will soon find out is that only certain tickets will allow fans to go certain places in the stadium.

Also, say a person enters the stadium at point A. And then let's say that person wants to go back to the car, or go smoke a cigarette etc. If that person doesn't get his ticket scanned "out" he won't be allowed back in. The conserge and even staff people have hand-held ticket scanners that know the status of every ticket in or out of the stadium.

Try telling someone who may have had too much to drink that they can't enter a certain area of the stadium, and they get mad pretty quick.

Bull's-eye
08-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Worst seat in Cowboys new stadium. Check out 1:50 of this video. I wonder if this what they call limited/restricted view?

http://www.geekbrief.tv/gbtv-609-visiting-the-largest-hd-display-in-the-world

Pick6
08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex

Also, say a person enters the stadium at point A. And then let's say that person wants to go back to the car, or go smoke a cigarette etc. If that person doesn't get his ticket scanned "out" he won't be allowed back in. The conserge and even staff people have hand-held ticket scanners that know the status of every ticket in or out of the stadium.

I don't remember the last stadium that I went to where you could leave and re-enter.

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't remember the last stadium that I went to where you could leave and re-enter.

Thanks to the hand-held computers, you can at the new stadium.

I've worked 3 events at the new Cowboys Stadium, (George Strait, a soccer game, and the Arlington open house) as well as 12 hours of training at the stadium and I can tell you based on what I know that the new hand held computers will keep all tickets organized as far as where people in the stadium are supposed to be, and where they have access to in the stadium.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by IrishTex
Great question and the answer is no.
One of the most frustrating things that fans and spectators will soon find out is that only certain tickets will allow fans to go certain places in the stadium.

I saw this happen at George Strait. Only people with certain tickets could get into the bar where I was getting food.

Didn't see them scanning with the handheld devices other then at the entrance, so it wouldn't be hard at all to just photoshop yourself a 200 onto one of those printout tickets and get in those areas, unless they start scanning them inside the stadium too.

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I saw this happen at George Strait. Only people with certain tickets could get into the bar where I was getting food.

Didn't see them scanning with the handheld devices other then at the entrance, so it wouldn't be hard at all to just photoshop yourself a 200 onto one of those printout tickets and get in those areas, unless they start scanning them inside the stadium too.

The handhelds will be at every entrance and exit to the stadium, as well as to different entrances and exits inside the stadium. Even the use of escalators and elevators will require that the certain ticket will allow them on those entrances.

The George Strait concert was the first venue and no one knew what to expect. Trust me, when the Cowboys season starts, ticket enforcement will be in force.

Emerson1
08-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Will they be at each individual section? We have friends with tickets endzone 200's, we were gonna get them to look for no shows(who would be stupid enough not to show up though?)

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Will they be at each individual section? We have friends with tickets endzone 200's, we were gonna get them to look for no shows(who would be stupid enough not to show up though?)

Yes indeed.

For example there are several clubs inside the stadium. Each club will require a certain ticket. For example there is aan "Owners Club" and only Suite owners are allowed in that club. Of course that paid thousands of dollars for that right, but I wonder how many drunks that paid 10.00 a beer are gonna understand that?

And by the way, did you know there are 6,000 workers at Cowboys Stadium?

Consierge (sp), Access Management (security) and Event Staff make up those numbers, not to mention Arlington and Fort Worth Police as well as Arlington EMS and firefighters.

IrishTex
08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Oh and by the way....

The Arlington Fire Department and EMS knows that this new Stadium would be an attractive target for terrorists...

Trust me...they have eyes in that stadium you will never see...

:)

IrishTex
08-13-2009, 05:05 AM
Update:: 8/12/09

Associated Press (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D9A1C6AO1.html)

The sprawling new $1.15 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys is nearly sold out for the 2009 season.

Team spokesman Brett Daniels says Cowboys Stadium in Arlington is about 95 percent sold out. A few thousand season tickets remain and will be available during a "select a seat" event on Saturday.

The stadium has capacity of about 100,000 for football, 300 luxury suites and a retractable roof that takes 12 minutes to open or close.

The team bills the complex, which will host the 2011 Super Bowl, as having the largest domed roof in the world, with 660,8000 square feet.

The Cowboys on Aug. 21 play their first game in the new stadium, facing Tennessee in a preseason matchup.

IrishTex
08-13-2009, 05:23 AM

It took me some time but I was able to get you an answer here. (http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/guests/guestInfo.cfm)

"Re-Entry

Guests may exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket. Guest must exit through a designated EXIT gate and have their event ticket scanned out in order to be readmitted. Guests reentering the stadium will be required to go through the security search process for a second time. Guests who leave the stadium and do not have their ticket scanned out will not be permitted to reenter the stadium using the same ticket."