PDA

View Full Version : Mexico vs USA World Cup Qualifier

WTF-82
08-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Wenesday is World Cup Qualifying match between Mexico and USA the United States national team has never won a game against Mexico on Mexican soil. They are 0-22-1 very important game for both teams. It will be at Azteca stadium in Mexico City home of Club America 110,000 capacity. Mexico is just coming off big win against US national team on US soil in a 5-0 win at Giants stadium in the Gold Cup final late in July. With both squads getting back some of there players that didn't compete in gold cup final this will be interesting to so how this game plays out. Mexico hired a new coach in the early spring new coach Aguirre has the El Tri Mexico national team playing much better to getting back to the power they used to be this game will be fun for all soccer fans or should I say all Football ,Futbol fans.

Big Papa
08-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ***-82
Wenesday is World Cup Qualifying match between Mexico and USA the United States national team has never won a game against Mexico on Mexican soil. They are 0-22-1 very important game for both teams. It will be at Azteca stadium in Mexico City home of Club America 110,000 capacity. Mexico is just coming off big win against US national team on US soil in a 5-0 win at Giants stadium in the Gold Cup final late in July. With both squads getting back some of there players that didn't compete in gold cup final this will be interesting to so how this game plays out. Mexico hired a new coach in the early spring new coach Aguirre has the El Tri Mexico national team playing much better to getting back to the power they used to be this game will be fun for all soccer fans or should I say all Football ,Futbol fans.

if i saw it right some spanish station on dish.. 838 i think.. was giving a free viewing of the game in english

WTF-82
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
if i saw it right some spanish station on dish.. 838 i think.. was giving a free viewing of the game in english

Mun 2 but I dont now if it will be in english if not youll enjoy the spanish telecast they have lot of fun.

TexasHSFootball
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Mun 2 but I dont now if it will be in english if not youll enjoy the spanish telecast they have lot of fun.

mun2 is the English language version of the network.. I can confirm that it will be in English on mun2

sahen
08-12-2009, 12:15 PM
With both squads getting back some of there players that didn't compete in gold cup final this will be interesting to so how this game plays out.

thats an understatement....how many players from that game are playing on the US Roster? 4 or 5? i dont think any of them will start...Mexico may have a couple more but it should be 2 completely different teams....

the game is critical for Mexico, if they lose then it is a huge shot to their world cup hopes...they have to almost play for 4th if they lose the 3 points today and hope they can beat the 5th place south american team for the final world cup spot...its not impossible for them to get 3rd and lose today, but it would be a really difficult road...its almost the same situation with a tie today for them, either situation puts them in a bad place...

for the US a tie is basically a win, they just need to get a point, they are in a good position right now and as long as they keep getting points they will easily be in South Africa next summer...a loss isnt devastating but it would put them having a chance to finish 3rd and no one wants to be that close to slipping to 4th...if USA wins this game and takes care of buisness in the rest of them they should qualify 1st in the Concacaf region for the world cup, even if they tie they have a decent shot at doing that, now that i look at it even with a loss they have a shot at 1st but it'll be really hard to do...best to just win/tie today...

too bad the game is at 3, i will be at work and cant watch it...

BreckTxLonghorn
08-12-2009, 12:17 PM
What time is kickoff?

sahen
08-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
What time is kickoff?

3 pm on telemundo (spanish) or mun2 (english)...if u have mun2

Electus Unus
08-12-2009, 02:39 PM
TTT

JasperDog94
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
USA scores the first goal in the 9th minute. :)

TexasHSFootball
08-12-2009, 03:16 PM
USA 1 MEX 0 - 13th Minute
- Davies Goal in 9th Minute

Electus Unus
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
1-1

goal mexicaans at the 19th minute

TexasHSFootball
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
USA 1 MEX 1 - 20th Minute
- Castro (MEX) 20th Minute

JasperDog94
08-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Looks like the US has already received 2 yellow cards.:mad:

BreckTxLonghorn
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
USA 1 MEX 1 - 20th Minute
- Castro (MEX) 20th Minute

Any more updates, Senor TejasHSFutbol? Heheheh.

But seriously, all updates welcome, and thanks!

LH_Tuff
08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Any more updates, Senor TejasHSFutbol? Heheheh.

But seriously, all updates welcome, and thanks!

Halftime. 1-1

JasperDog94
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
The US is winning the yellow card count 3-0.:D

TexasHSFootball
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
When it comes to playing in the second half .. WE FRIGGIN' SUCK! Bob Bradley needs to have his head examined and fired!

:mad:

Cats Fan
08-12-2009, 04:44 PM
DID U SEE THAT!!! 2-1 Mexico leads.

Cats Fan
08-12-2009, 04:57 PM
Mexico wins. Pretty entertaining game!

Big Papa
08-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Dear Mexico,

You're welcome, I did the best I could.

Love,
Roberto Moreno

Gsquared
08-12-2009, 05:07 PM
And the party in Oak Cliff ensues

WTF-82
08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
And the party in Oak Cliff ensues

Well tough loss for the US team they lost another one in Mexico record now 0-23-1. Mexico possed the ball all game US needs to find some offense possession other than Davies trying to out run everyone as Donavan used to. They also played with many mids and 1 striker for most of the game. Mexico has a lot of talent there is only 4 players from past February matches that are on the teams right now there new coach has done a good job they showed lots of skill today US is the stronger faster team but skill and ball possesion kills them again.