PDA

View Full Version : Calling Wimbo_Pro or any Wimberley Poster

TexanAlum_06
08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
WOW I havent been on here in a looong time. Any of the Wimberley posters seen the team yet this year? How does Blakmoore look at QB?

Secondly, after checking some of the pre-season rankings and various threads. How are we ranked so high to start the season? I think i saw in one ranking that we were rated the best team in region 1...? seriously?

Considering how young this team was last year, I think they have potential. But they havent proven anything to deserve some of this hype. I feel old and out of the loop.... I dont know any of these kids on varsity except Blakemoore and Smith. Anybody care to fill me in.

TexDad
08-12-2009, 06:42 AM
I personally think we are rated way too high. Don't get me wrong, we have the potential to be good but have not proved it yet. I watch some of the scrimmage last Saturday and they looked ok but not outstanding. O-line has good size and defense looked strong. QB has some wheels and of course there is the RB who will be tough to bring down. Should be an interesting season.

TexanAlum_06
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah I agree with you. I hope these rankings dont get to the kids head. I think Blakemoore will be great at QB. He reminds me of Beaty. He just has that playmaker mentality and just gets it done. Im interested to see how Smith does at RB this year. He doesnt have the element of surprise that he had last year. Teams will be ready for him this year.

wimbo_pro
08-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey TexasAlum and TexDad...hope all is good with you and yours. No, I haven't personally seen them this season yet, but I agree with the sense that the rankings are being very kind to us. I think it has to do with the number of returning starters and our good program...i dunno. Anyways, as usual, I am supportive and hopeful and excited...but I aint stupid either, so I keep a healthy grasp on reality regarding rankings.

But to predict we will end up in the top 10 of the BEST 3A teams in the state at the end of the season in awfully bold. Next year? We'll talk then.

TexanAlum_06
08-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Anybody watch the scrimmage with Gonzales?

TexDad
08-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Looked pretty good against Gonzales. Running game looked strong, even without Smith, minor injury. Need work on pass defense. First team score was 3-1, I think.

wimbo_pro
08-17-2009, 07:18 PM
I missed it...but am glad to hear we looked OK.