PDA

View Full Version : 2009 THSF Class 3A District Projections & Rankings

TexasHSFootball
08-11-2009, 07:53 AM
2009 THSF District Projections & Rankings (http://www.texashsfootball.com/previews09/3adistprojrank.htm)

BobcatBenny
08-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Are we sure this wasn't last year's rankings (2008)?

Region III didn't get much love. And ... Region I is again ... overrated.

pirate4state
08-11-2009, 08:59 AM
wow district 25 ranked #15 !?!?!

As far as toughest districts go, I'd have to go with 2, 9 & 25 as the top 3!

:D

BwdLions
08-11-2009, 10:14 AM
District 2-3A
Regional Ranking 1
Statewide Ranking 1

1 Abilene Wylie
2 Brownwood
3 Graham
4 Snyder
5 Sweetwater
6 Breckenridge

It's good to see our district get ranked #1. :)

block&tackle
08-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Some of these are just plain silly - D28 #2? D13 #7 (had coffee come out my nose on that one)?

Even D2 at #1 is hard to defend - I realize that they always have several teams ranked in the preseason every year and they are a deep district but outside of Wylie they under-perform in the playoffs every year. It would seem like folks would knock them down a few notches in the pre-season rankings until they actually did something.

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by block&tackle
Some of these are just plain silly - D28 #2? D13 #7 (had coffee come out my nose on that one)?

Even D2 at #1 is hard to defend - I realize that they always have several teams ranked in the preseason every year and they are a deep district but outside of Wylie they under-perform in the playoffs every year. It would seem like folks would knock them down a few notches in the pre-season rankings until they actually did something.
you may or may not be 100% correct - it's all subjective, but I do have a question - how many teams from D 28 have you ever seen play? Just asking?

I agree with you Rita - thinking D25 needs to be at least in the top 5.. We'll see how it all turns out in Dec ;)

block&tackle
08-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you may or may not be 100% - it's all subjective, but I do have a question - how many teams from D 28 have you ever seen play? Just asking?

I agree with you Rita - thinking D25 needs to be at least in the top 5.. We'll see how it all turns out in Dec ;)
You kind of made my point! I have seen no teams from D28 because none of them have made it past Region III to get to a state final.

All respect to Cuero - obviously ya'll have been playing good some football down there for a long, long time. But the district as a whole had the 17th best winning percentage in 3A dispite playing in Region IV and having one team with an 11-2 record.

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 10:57 AM
so unless a team plays in the state championship, they're not worth watching.. :doh: I know this was 2 seasons ago, but in 2007 - in the Regional IV Final games - there were 4 teams alive - wonder what district 3 of those teams were from? Am I saying D 28 should be #2 - probably not, but making assumptions about teams you've admittedly NEVER SEEN - is well......... nevermind

carry on - it's going to be another season of chest pounding..

:hand:

come on guys - I can't believe there isn't more smack talk - I am digging deep here to get something going lol :D

BILLYFRED0000
08-11-2009, 11:00 AM

D13 number 7 was what? Choked on my coffee too. And 28 and number 2. No. Cuero is great but I don't see the rest of the district that good. Top 10 definetly, top seven probably.

pirate4state
08-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
D13 number 7 was what? Choked on my coffee too. And 28 and number 2. No. Cuero is great but I don't see the rest of the district that good. Top 10 definetly, top seven probably.

I don't even know who is in district 13 right off hand!

Cuero IS district 28 and then it's everyone else. Yoakum has a new coach. Goliad lost Franklin, but that might be a good thing :eek: (oops) and I like Edna as the sleeper in this district for some reason, but all that does not = #2 ... sorry.

As much as I hate to admit it, D25 OVERALL is more competitive.

block&tackle you should get out more, don't wait for the action to come to you! :p

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
The rankings have been amended - ;)

lulu
08-11-2009, 11:45 AM
so unless a team plays in the state championship, they're not worth watching.. :doh: I know this was 2 seasons ago, but in 2007 - in the Regional IV Final games - there were 4 teams alive - wonder what district 3 of those teams were from? Am I saying D 28 should be #2 - probably not, but making assumptions about teams you've admittedly NEVER SEEN - is well......... nevermind

I can see right now I'm gonna have a ball watching this hulla ba lu. Since our team is not exactly on top of the rakings (to put it lightly) I can just sit back and watch you guys rip it up.
Stay on 'em 44

lulu
08-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Well that didnt exactly come out right. Guess I messed up. Everything in blue.

It's fixed now :)

pirate4state
08-11-2009, 11:49 AM
The rankings have been amended - ;)

I'm trying to trash talk lady! :p :D

Also, I'm peeved at the valley teams (D32) being ranked above the coastal teams (D31)! :foul: :mad:

:devil:

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm trying to trash talk lady! :p :D

Also, I'm peeved at the valley teams (D32) being ranked above the coastal teams (D31)! :foul: :mad:

:devil:
lol P4S - I didnt' change them - I just noticed D25 is #2 now.... :p
dang Valley teams :D

Ex-Tiger2005
08-11-2009, 11:50 AM
IMO 3-3a is a little higher than I would recommend! I could be wrong tho!

X15-MEM
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Not sure about most of the districts statewide but D25 was the only district in 3A last year where no team had a loosing record and most return teams as good or better than last year which should equate to a #1 ranking as the strongest district in 3A.

Farmersfan
08-11-2009, 01:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by block&tackle
[B]Some of these are just plain silly - D28 #2? D13 #7 (had coffee come out my nose on that one)?

You can discount the rankings if you want but based on what they have put together it appears that District 13-3A is the only Region II district with 2 teams in the top 20 in the state. Perhaps D9-3A being ranked #3 is a little more silly..............What do you think?

trg
08-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by X15-MEM
Not sure about most of the districts statewide but D25 was the only district in 3A last year where no team had a loosing record and most return teams as good or better than last year which should equate to a #1 ranking as the strongest district in 3A.

I like your thinking.
:clap: :clap:

icu812
08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
[B]Some of these are just plain silly - D28 #2? D13 #7 (had coffee come out my nose on that one)?

You can discount the rankings if you want but based on what they have put together it appears that District 13-3A is the only Region II district with 2 teams in the top 20 in the state. Perhaps D9-3A being ranked #3 is a little more silly..............What do you think?

Nothing against D13 but there are several districts in RII that are stronger. I'd rank em: D9,D16,D10,D12,D13,D14,D11

Pick6
08-11-2009, 01:57 PM

You can discount the rankings if you want

Yankee rankings are what they are. If you want real rankings wait for LHPM's ranking.

Ranger Mom
08-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Ex-Tiger2005
IMO 3-3a is a little higher than I would recommend! I could be wrong tho!

I was shocked to see that myself!

Farmersfan
08-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Nothing against D13 but there are several districts in RII that are stronger. I'd rank em: D9,D16,D10,D12,D13,D14,D11

It is really nothing more than a guessing game. Gives us fans something to bitch about even before the first snap is taken.

BwdLions
08-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by X15-MEM

I'm pretty sure they're ranking the districts based on what they will have in 2009, not 2008.

BILLYFRED0000
08-11-2009, 04:21 PM
You mean they are guessing what you will have. To some extent,
you can speculate. But not many teams are predictable year to year. I still think that it is a waste of time anyway. Injuries, grades, and all sorts of other issues create a season as well. And almost nobody looks at that stuff.

20loboes10
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm suprised they picked seminole to win district 3-3A with monahans returning so many starters.

STANG RED
08-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 20loboes10
I'm suprised they picked seminole to win district 3-3A with monahans returning so many starters.

Amazing isnt it. Monahans will probably beat Seminole by at least 30. In fact Monahans may well be the best in the whole region this season.

TexasHSFootball
08-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Amazing isnt it. Monahans will probably beat Seminole by at least 30. In fact Monahans may well be the best in the whole region this season.

It is amazing.. except he wasn't looking at the projection right. He propbably saw Seminole highlighted and assumed that they were picked as district champ. didnt bother looking at the team rated right above them.

block&tackle
08-11-2009, 06:04 PM

I think that the top two teams in Region II will both come out of D9, just like last year. It wouldn't surprise me too much if it were top 3. Argyle should be very good this year. In what way is D9 being ranked #3 silly?

I think that the Farmers will be pretty good but #18 is too high - will believe that when they have won their first 3A playoff game in their history. As far as Lovejoy I will have a better idea Saturday but #11 is WAY too high in my opinion. They may have 22 returners but they aren't even close to the talent level that Wakeland had two years ago in the same situation and Wakeland didn't finish in the top 40. I strongly suspect that the reason he ranked the teams and the district so high is that 90% of his traffic on his 3A page comes from D13 posters.

Last year's ranking by winning percentage:

#1 D25 (46-24) (8-3 in playoffs)
#2 D9 (45-28) (11-2, state champ, state runner-up)
#3 D17 (38-28) (4-3 in tough region)
#17 D28 (30-34) (4-3 in Region IV)
#27 D13 (22-42) (1-3 with win coming against Eustace)

TexasHSFootball
08-11-2009, 06:09 PM
I think that the top two teams in Region II will both come out of D9, just like last year. It wouldn't surprise me too much if it were top 3. Argyle should be very good this year. In what way is D9 being ranked #3 silly?

I think that the Farmers will be pretty good but #18 is too high - will believe that when they have won their first 3A playoff game in their history. As far as Lovejoy I will have a better idea Saturday but #11 is WAY too high in my opinion. They may have 22 returners but they aren't even close to the talent level that Wakeland had two years ago in the same situation and Wakeland didn't finish in the top 40. I strongly suspect that the reason he ranked the teams and the district so high is that 90% of his traffic on his 3A page comes from D13 posters.

Last year's ranking by winning percentage:

#1 D25 (46-24) (8-3 in playoffs)
#2 D9 (45-28) (11-2, state champ, state runner-up)
#3 D17 (38-28) (4-3 in tough region)
#17 D28 (30-34) (4-3 in Region IV)
#27 D13 (22-42) (1-3 with win coming against Eustace)

Just keep looking at last year's figures as a rebuttal .. that was last year.. this is this year. And as far as the D13 accusation.. you are incorrect, it has nothing to do with anyone on my site or on this site.

20loboes10
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
It is amazing.. except he wasn't looking at the projection right. He propbably saw Seminole highlighted and assumed that they were picked as district champ. didnt bother looking at the team rated right above them.

My mistake I knew that couldn't have been right. Did anyone hear Seminoles comment on the news a few nights ago?

Ranger Mom
08-11-2009, 06:35 PM
My mistake I knew that couldn't have been right. Did anyone hear Seminoles comment on the news a few nights ago?

There are very few of us from 3-3A on this board. So.....the great majority wouldn't have heard.

I didn't hear either....what did they say?

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
You mean they are guessing what you will have. To some extent, you can speculate. But not many teams are predictable year to year. I still think that it is a waste of time anyway. Injuries, grades, and all sorts of other issues create a season as well. And almost nobody looks at that stuff.
Exactly! Personally, I happen to like the fact that most seem to look at returning starters and decide that makes or breaks a team. (Well, I don't really "like" it, but find it interesting.) Every team can only have 22 starters, outside of P/K/PK's. How many rankings actually look at the returning kids who saw considerable play time - not "lettermen", but more than just enough to earn a letter? :nerd:

LH Panther Mom
08-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
If you want real rankings wait for LHPM's ranking.
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

20loboes10
08-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
There are very few of us from 3-3A on this board. So.....the great majority wouldn't have heard.

I didn't hear either....what did they say?

I don't know exactly what was said just that Seminole made a statement about how they would be more physical and hit the other team in the mouth when they come to Seminole. I was hoping someone had a clearer story.

Ranger Mom
08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't know exactly what was said just that Seminole made a statement about how they would be more physical and hit the other team in the mouth when they come to Seminole. I was hoping someone had a clearer story.

Oh!!

I have no clue how Greenwood is going to be this year. I did find out that 2 of the freshman I have had my eye on since they were in 3rd grade probably aren't going to play this year due to ongoing physical problems!!:mad:

44INAROW
08-11-2009, 10:13 PM
If you want real rankings wait for LHPM's ranking.

P O O H on you :D :D :D :D

WOS87
08-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I just noticed something....

Jasper has GOT to have one of the toughest schedules of any 3A team in the state this year as they are playing the following teams:

3ADownLow Rankings:
#2 Gilmer
#3 WO-S
#6 Carthage
#20 Silsbee

Texashsfootball Rankings:
#1 Gilmer
#3 WO-S
#4 Carthage
2A #4 Kirbyville
#10 Silsbee
#30 Rusk

DCTF Rankings:
#1 Gilmer
#2 Carthage
#3 WO-S
2A #4 Kirbyville

20loboes10
08-12-2009, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Oh!!

I have no clue how Greenwood is going to be this year. I did find out that 2 of the freshman I have had my eye on since they were in 3rd grade probably aren't going to play this year due to ongoing physical problems!!:mad:

I'm sure Greenwood will have a good team even though yall lost some good players. I can't wait for the game agianst Greenwood here in Monahans. I just hope this year we can keep a 2 touchdown lead.

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Exactly! Personally, I happen to like the fact that most seem to look at returning starters and decide that makes or breaks a team. (Well, I don't really "like" it, but find it interesting.) Every team can only have 22 starters, outside of P/K/PK's. How many rankings actually look at the returning kids who saw considerable play time - not "lettermen", but more than just enough to earn a letter? :nerd:

I don't believe it is very often that a team full of 1st year starters has great success. Think about it....

j_dog
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by WOS87
I just noticed something....

Jasper has GOT to have one of the toughest schedules of any 3A team in the state this year as they are playing the following teams:

3ADownLow Rankings:
#2 Gilmer
#3 WO-S
#6 Carthage
#20 Silsbee

Texashsfootball Rankings:
#1 Gilmer
#3 WO-S
#4 Carthage
2A #4 Kirbyville
#10 Silsbee
#30 Rusk

DCTF Rankings:
#1 Gilmer
#2 Carthage
#3 WO-S
2A #4 Kirbyville
Good observation! What doesn't kill you will make you strong. Jasper's new coach will be tested early and often.

Pick6
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
I don't believe it is very often that a team full of 1st year starters has great success. Think about it....

I thought about it. I remember a team a few years ago started players just because they were seniors. The next year a new coach played the best players, most didn't start the previous year, and won state. Think about that...

LH Panther Mom
08-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I did, which is why I said it. ;)

38 special

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought about it. I remember a team a few years ago started players just because they were seniors. The next year a new coach played the best players, most didn't start the previous year, and won state. Think about that...

I thought about it and realized that perhaps YOU operate according to hypotheticals. A coach who starts seniors over State Title caliber underclassmen is a moron. (and in this case-imaginary). Care to share names and years so it can be verified or else I call BULL****!!!!!

Pick6
08-12-2009, 09:33 AM
I thought about it and realized that perhaps YOU operate according to hypotheticals. A coach who starts seniors over State Title caliber underclassmen is a moron. (and in this case-imaginary). Care to share names and years so it can be verified or else I call BULL****!!!!!

I don't care what you call anything. That coach was a moron, that's the first thing you ever got right on this board. That's why he's selling insurance instead of coaching now.

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 09:50 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
[B]I did, which is why I said it. ;)

Think about it again! For real this time......

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't care what you call anything. That coach was a moron, that's the first thing you ever got right on this board. That's why he's selling insurance instead of coaching now.

Ok so why would you go on the attack of my post based on a single "MORON" example??? I'm pretty sure I said it doesn't happen very often. It was in response to someone else wondering why returning starters were used as a measuring stick for ranking teams from year to year. I can't think of a BETTER measuring stick than that. Can you?????

Pick6
08-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Ok so why would you go on the attack of my post based on a single "MORON" example???

An attack, I gave you credit for the 1st thing you've gotten right. That's not an attack, that's a compliment.

Does anyone else think of bottles and diapers when they are reading farmersfan's posts?

pirate4state
08-12-2009, 10:19 AM
An attack, I gave you credit for the 1st thing you've gotten right. That's not an attack, that's a compliment.

Does anyone else think of bottles and diapers when they are reading farmersfan's posts?

HAHAHA now THAT's an attack.

I think of dirty diapers reading these type of exchanges though! :D

44INAROW
08-12-2009, 10:22 AM
:smoker:

Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKg5ggoqJ0g)

:p

PPSTATEBOUND
08-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Same poster "farmersfan" different board........glad yall got to know him....:D

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 02:20 PM

It's been 4 hours and no takers. So obviously it's just YOU who sits around and thinks of diapers and bottles. In these daydreams do you also get powder put on your tookus?????

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by PPSTATEBOUND
Same poster "farmersfan" different board........glad yall got to know him....:D

Still blitzing your superiors I see Pee Pee Steakhound! Have you started the annual "EAR RAPE" about the awesomeness of Pilot Point on the other forums yet???? :D

In truth I do miss you. Trying to talk with Pick6 is like arguing with my wife. At least you made sense some of the time.

Pick6
08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Trying to talk with Pick6 is like arguing with my wife.

Glad to see that you can admit your wife is superoir to you.

Farmersfan
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Glad to see that you can admit your wife is superoir to you.

Resorting to skullduggery doesn't enhance your already tarnished rep.... :p

Care to answer the question that was put forth? What is the single biggest measuring stick for the expected success of a team?(in your opinion). Returning starters? Coaching? Overall Program? Stregnth of Schedule?

Pick6
08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Resorting to skullduggery doesn't enhance your already tarnished rep.... :p

Care to answer the question that was put forth? What is the single biggest measuring stick for the expected success of a team?(in your opinion). Returning starters? Coaching? Overall Program? Stregnth of Schedule?

Returning players and coaching. Not just returning starters.

Tarnished rep? According to who, you? Who cares about your opinion.

44INAROW
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Hey Girls - this has turned into a MDIBTYD :p

waterboy
08-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey Girls - this has turned into a MDIBTYD :p
:clap: :clap: :D