PDA

View Full Version : IN Pads update.

BILLYFRED0000
08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Watched the boys today in early practice.
Was impressed in spite of myself. I like to be skeptical. But I was watching the lines and we had a couple of 270 plus guards that looked really good. The D line looked good.
Very athletic bunch and good team speed overall.
Still early but I love to think they will be at least as good as last year maybe better.

143 young men on the field. Not bad.

Farmersfan
08-10-2009, 03:14 PM
That is such a HUGE advantage. Great coaches, great program and 143 kids come out for football......Amazing. I think Farmersville had perhaps 80 total kids. They will have a good size line with three O-linemen about 300lbs. (smallest lineman will be 240). If the linebackers can get it together with this new 3-4 defense they stand a chance of being pretty dang awesome with 4 LBs over 200lbs and 6 total real close to that weight. RB's are pretty small and fast as well as the FB. QB will be about 180lbs. Several receivers will go over 6' and 200lbs. (LB's playing both ways).........They looked pretty good in intrasquad scrimmage but next week against Canton should tell more.

Several of us F'ville folk will be making the trip to Celina to watch the Lovejoy vs. Celina scrimmage.

SHSBulldog00
08-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I've been told if you watch or see other teams play or practice before you play it it because you are scared?http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

BILLYFRED0000
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
I've been told if you watch or see other teams play or practice before you play it it because you are scared?http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-scared003.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Or maybe it's just fun.....

SHSBulldog00
08-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Maybe

jason
08-10-2009, 03:44 PM
drove by practice today in stephenville...

update: it was hot

BuckeyeNut
08-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Gilmer Summer program is really paying off. There looking very good and fast.

hawkfan
08-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
That is such a HUGE advantage. Great coaches, great program and 143 kids come out for football......Amazing. I think Farmersville had perhaps 80 total kids. They will have a good size line with three O-linemen about 300lbs. (smallest lineman will be 240).

That just amazes me. I remember my senior year in Iowa Park in 1997 our OL went 210,195,195,180, and 225. And now I see 1A's with a line that has a bigger averages.

d0tc0m
08-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Watched the boys today in early practice.
Was impressed in spite of myself. I like to be skeptical. But I was watching the lines and we had a couple of 270 plus guards that looked really good. The D line looked good.
Very athletic bunch and good team speed overall.
Still early but I love to think they will be at least as good as last year maybe better.

143 young men on the field. Not bad.

Yeah I was out there saturday too billy. I'm the same way, i'm an optimist, but I always find myself saying, "I don't know how we're gonna replace those boys we had last year..." I was really impressed with the overrall size though. Roos is a hoss and is going to be a D1 lineman easy. Hopefully Newman will be back at 100% cause he's a force to be reckoned with if he is. Couple other young guys with good size, and nice quickness off the ball. Still early, but lots of good things to look forward to.

BILLYFRED0000
08-11-2009, 07:28 AM
funny you should mention newman. I was watching him close and he looked good. Still working on getting used to the brace but he looked bigger and stronger and showed good footwork.
Roos is scary. I asked Gatordaze and he said he thought Roos weighed in over 300 and strong as a bull. And he is just a Sophmore. By the time he is a senior he may be the left side of the line by himself.

Eagle1
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
That just amazes me. I remember my senior year in Iowa Park in 1997 our OL went 210,195,195,180, and 225. And now I see 1A's with a line that has a bigger averages.

I bet most of those guys worked out in the heat or perhaps your weightroom was not air conditioned. I know you didn't have an indoor practice facility. I know when I was in school kids didn't weigh much because they worked out in the heat all summer. We also didn't have all the supplements that kids have now and sure didn't eat as much fast food. The only place we ate was at the house.