PDA

View Full Version : How important would it be to you?

BobcatBenny
08-10-2009, 08:53 AM
How important would it be for you to play in a Superbowl if you were an NFL player?

I was thinking about some of the greatest NFL players that never had the opportunity to play in a Superbowl.

Earl Campbell ... came to mind. Best running back ever IMO. A great player from the University of Texas.

Then there is Timmy Smith. Holds the rushing record in the Superbowl. Ended up in prison I believe. :( A player that through fortunate events made it to the Superbowl and ran all over Denver.

How much overall success would Earl Campbell have given up to play in the Superbowl?

Of course Earl's career was way way too short, but I personally thought he was awesome, just unfortunate to end up in Houston.

Balcones fault
08-10-2009, 11:06 AM
He wasn't unfortunate to end up in Houston, IMO, just to play for them when they were in the same conference as Pittsburg.

Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, among others, also were very good but didn't play in a SB.

BEAST
08-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Marino did play in a SB. He was beaten by Joe Montana and the 49ers. Barry Sanders?

BEAST

dachosenone
08-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Its sort of like going through jr high, high school, & college but never winning a championship IMO. It just means so much more at the proffessional level.

Considering the beating the body endures the superbowl would make a players career worthwhile after retirement. Maybe a HOF induction would justify not winning the big one.

I would be fine with either

Rabid Cougar
08-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I think they would give their left boy to play in the Super Bowl. That is the pennacle of their profession. I know they are not satisfied with Division or Conference Championship.

Jim Kelly would have traded 4 Conference Championships for 1 SB win for sure.

JasperDog94
08-10-2009, 11:07 PM
This reminds me of the question of whether you would want to be a superstar and never win the big one or be a role player (possibly not even play) and be on a championship team.